Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

What your referring to is "Blousing" and three reasons I can think of off the top of my head as to why it's (Not) done.

#1 Ventilation.

#2 Blousing the pants requires you to pull them around and gather up the slack, band the pants and tuck them in. If you do this too well, you can march in them just great, but if you bend down on your haunches or try to make any fast omnidirectional moves, your gonna pull your pants out of your boots. Or worse. Down, of course baggy or

long pants can cure this strait away.

#3 Quick draining so you don't walk off with the lake you just came out of. Certain materials can hold water very well if it gets in. (After washing a camper once, I walked off with 4 non draining pockets full of water.)  crazy_o.gif

As for insects, Long socks and repelent? Works for me.

Also for most asignments a 8 man fire team will only carry 4,500-5,000 rounds of ammunition total. Also the way fire teams are set up, they can change direction by simply doing an about face 180.

Hmmmm Drill Sergeant I thought you were dead.... Cause I could swear someone on your MSN gave me this allaborate story about suicide and such.

Anyways I can give info On seals Ill be working with some soon.

Before I say anything else Las my good lad(lol, You britslol) Why is it your boonie hats always look like there on backwards?

Only yanks thinking they are clever by pretending to talk like brits talk like that wink_o.gif

The pics look damn good, but yeah, boonie needs a tiny bit of work at the back. The best boonies ive seen are the PUKF ones, might be worth taking a look.

Anyway, as always, its good work. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Only yanks thinking they are clever by pretending to talk like brits talk like that

The lads are gettin their knickers in a knot!

like that? biggrin_o.gif

Good looking units as always (bad boonie or not) smile_o.gif

Looking so good Laser. Did you make these guys after the picture was posted? Cause then you really work damn fast.

Question again : will the mighty M60 gunner have his bandanna? And I dunno about the sunglasses, think that's more for desert units.

ok after staring your progress model and lookin at some more real life picks I came up with some more suggestions:

1. add life vests, I'm not sure if ur gonna add cocs script but that might be a good idea too...in the pic below u can see some SEALs wearing life vests on under the rest of their gear..

pic1

2. maybe replacing the generic comms with a different one

3. heres just a pic of a SEAL to get a better frontal look at his LBE

pic2

4. change the comm headsets to a more realistc looking one..u might only want to have the RTO to have comm gear too.. heres a pic of an EOD operator with comm gear...

pic3

another and better view of comm gear in use by SEAL Teams

5. change the pants model so they are untucked instead of tucked into their boots..

pic5

6. On your current model, the fins on their backs look ok..u might wanna make them stand out alittle more and make the alittle bigger.

can't wait to run some raids with these ...keep up the GREAT work biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, these are looking pretty damn badass. I look forward to building a few raiding missions with these; toss in the CoC_Diver rig and see if we can't swim ashore.

Haven't mentioned it before, but the weapons are pretty damn good. Thanks for you work.

Concur w/ ERAUPilot. The couple of times I've worked w/ these guys (and granted, it's not many), when they're operational, they're untucked. When giving us a brief/in the office, they're trousers are bloused.

Either way, looks great, Laser.

Oh oh, one suggestion still. Vietnam era SEALs.

Looking at the era you choose for your units(90s and present day), I guess it aint your cup of tea. But with your elite texturing and modelling skills, you can make the most bad-ass SEAL NAM addon imaginable. If you are willing to consider this project, I am more than willing to give a shitload of intel(looking at Seb Nam pack 2 SEALs provide good intel about the camo and gear also though). Just pm me if you like the idea. If not, it's all good, you have done so much good to everybody's addon folder already, but the thought of Vietnam SEALs of that high quality got me all wound up.

I've taken almost all the suggestions into consideration... and here's what i've come up with. The fins were so far replaced by small backpack, until i make new texture for them. Otherwise, legs and boonie hat were remodelled, trousers unbloused (although not to the extent somewhat, i'm getting a bad texture stretching issue when i try to unblouse 'em further... still i think it looks good).

Overall, there are 3 groups of modern SEAL units planned: Land warfare (which you can see on this pic), Direct Action / CQB (i'd like to make these still, to give some variety), and VBSS (whatever that means... i guess it has something to do with ship boarding; these would be wearing gray Nomex suits).

OK, here's the pic.

lsrlwfseal39mi.jpg

wow_o.gif OMG OMG OMG.............. I WANT !!! now thas what I'm tlking bout that looks GREAT Laser...keep up the good work smile_o.gif

oh and VBSS stands for Vessel Boarch Search and Seizure pretty much a fancy way of saying ship boardings

BTW, the guy with M4 on a shoulder is me... i mean he's got my face on smile_o.gif i thought it's time i've introduced myself to the community smile_o.gif nice to meet ya all, guys smile_o.gif hope i didn't scare anyone to death...

BTW, the guy with M4 on a shoulder is me... i mean he's got my face on smile_o.gif i thought it's time i've introduced myself to the community smile_o.gif nice to meet ya all, guys smile_o.gif hope i didn't scare anyone to death...

Looking cool m8 I mean both of your addons and you wink_o.gif

oh and VBSS stands for Vessel Boarch Search and Seizure pretty much a fancy way of saying ship boardings

Actually...

Quote[/b] ]Visit, Board, Search and Seizure Operations (VBSS). The capability to conduct vessel boarding/seizure in support of Maritime Interception Operations (MIO) on an uncooperative, underway ship. MIO is the act of denying merchant vessel access to specific ports for import/export of goods to/from a specific nation or nations. VBSS occurs when a target merchant vessel fails to properly respond to query, approach and stopping procedures. The mission of a VBSS force is to take control of a potentially hostile, uncooperative merchant vessel.

For more acronyms (not, just acronyms itself), here.

Anyways, very good job, Laser! You never fail us.

wow wow_o.gif now thats some seals for ya unclesam.gif nice job LSR vary nice now they look like some seals ready for some action biggrin_o.gif

fuck yeahh!!! yes Laser you have done it again.. i see the grey nomex guy in the background too!!! yes yes yes!! i think you have successfully made them look different from the rangers and Delta's... i want to play with them right now! just one thing with the SEALS.. please equip them with all DESERT GEAR.. no Desert Uniform and woodland Vest.. it would be nice to have a tan vest also

More on the VBSS stuff...

Laser, the nomex gear they wear is actually green. It's the same gear that are issued to pilots. What happens as you wash them over time is they fade, so they tend to look grey in some photos. They're still the same green though, for what's that worth.

As for VBSS, it's not just specific to SEALs. Pretty much every U.S. Navy warship has a VBSS team onboard. They're just regular ship guys w/ a week or two of training and have to get up at all hours to board the bad guys. There are more specialized groups, like SEALs. The Coast Guard LEDETs have some training as well, and are also able to fast rope on a boat or ship as well. When you start using helicopters, it becomes "HVBSS." If doing that w/ SEALs, they'll have a sniper in the second aircraft to cover the boarding.

The whole evolution is pretty high tempo. It's a challenge to come screaming down from 5000' at night and on goggles w/ no real reference other than the FLIR trying hold it's picture on the target vessel.

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but just giving a little more background. The updates look awesome, Laser. Thanks again.

man i cant wait for these to come out. Gonna have a Task Force 20 raid in Iraq with SEALs, DELTA Force, and Rangers looking for saddam hussein on the old island of Mogadishu with added Tonal Objects.. it does resemble iraq.

OK now... here's a pretty much final line-up on those woodland LWF guys...

Hope you like it. It won't change much from this... i think.

lsrlwfseal47id.jpg

lsrlwfseal51rd.jpg