Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

dirt on armor

we will see armor clean like in OPF  or it it will be dirty and also it would be cool if armor is clear but when you drive it it gets dirty biggrin_o.gif and it will get different when the ground under you changes smile_o.gif if yu drive on road it will not get dirty but when you get in mud it gets dirty.

It's a small detail... but it is small details like this that in the end can produce a totally immersive feeling when playing the game.

So, great idea! smile_o.gif

OFP currently supports texture replacement for injuries and broken windows. Dirty textures could be handled as a replacement or a multistage alpha overlay.

it is small details like this that in the end can produce a totally immersive feeling when playing the game.

and make the game heavier to run maybe??

great idea tho have to admit but when you have like 20 "small details" the game will eat all your memory

but I think people (including me) will have better machines when the game is released

OFP currently supports texture replacement for injuries and broken windows. Dirty textures could be handled as a replacement or a multistage alpha overlay.

Beat me to it. smile_o.gif

btw:There is already multitexturing on vehicles in XboX version,so dirt on armor can realy be in OFP2 wink_o.gif

hehe yeah let's hope it will be there smile_o.gif

but I really wish all the minor details posted here won't make the game need a frickin 100THz machine with at least 10GB RAM biggrin_o.gif

hmm if they cant do that i dont whant armor look like they just got out from factory biggrin_o.gif

How about this:

If it rains, then you get some mud on vehicles and soldiers, depending on what terrian you are on and your position.

So if it rains a ton and you have to go prone, your gun would get dirty and BDU's would get dirty as hell, then if you aren't careful, man...that gun might jam.

~Bmg

The best thing would be dust particles, that would come with explosions, ridiing to fast, "hiting the dirth" etc, but that would require interaction from the soldier with the dust particles, the same thing with rain, like getting wet, stuff like that

Textures is also a choice but not that realistic, blues.gif

This could be done, I just think it should be a option you can turn off and on. I do think it's possible though as mentioned before the Rally Racing games all ready have it. To a more limited degree, in Ghost Recon their clothes get wet. So it's not a stretch to ask for mud. If snow would gather around the tires and treads on vehicles addon makers wouldn't have to make a seperate winter version of their addons.

Quote[/b] ]So if it rains a ton and you have to go prone, your gun would get dirty and BDU's would get dirty as hell, then if you aren't careful, man...that gun might jam.

The most important thing about being an infantryman is you NEVER put your barrel in the dirt. You could have a close dust cover action that increases jams if not used but i think that would be over-realism

If snow would gather around the tires and treads on vehicles addon makers wouldn't have to make a seperate winter version of their addons.

not if the new texture to the tires was adapted from the ground's texture. or something like that