Sign in to follow this  
Gordy

Operator field photos

Getting this for all links:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /s/image1/2/63/16/94326316IgKNHn_ph.jpg on this server.

Getting this for all links:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /s/image1/2/63/16/94326316IgKNHn_ph.jpg on this server.

ok hold on.

Afghanistan?

The last one seems to be in Iraq. Looks like they're standing in front of a defaced Saddam monument, with the Iraqi flag arched above it.

The rest of his shots are here and here.

As for him... sad_o.gif He left a beautiful family behind if the rest of his webshots are anything to go on.

Quote[/b] ]5th Group soldier killed in Najaf

A Special Forces soldier from Fort Campbell was killed Thursday in Najaf, Iraq, when his unit came under small arms fire and grenade attack.

Capt. Michael Yury Tarlavsky, a 30-year-old Special Forces officer assigned to Company A, 1st Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group, was a native of Passaic, N.J., according to a Department of Defense release.

Tarlavsky is survived by his wife, Tricia, and their 10-month-old son, Joseph Michael, both of Clarksville.

A memorial service will be held next week at Fort Campbell.

"Michael was a true American," a family statement reads. "He and his parents immigrated to the United States from Russia in 1980, ingraining in Michael a profound love of freedom and of this country. He was proud to be a Special Forces officer. It was his life."

Tarlavsky served as a detachment commander with 5th Group and deployed in support of the war on terrorism to both Afghanistan and Iraq. He entered service in 1996 as an infantry officer before completing the Special Forces Qualification course in 2001, according to DoD.

1046001-484693.jpg

Afghanistan?

The last one seems to be in Iraq. Looks like they're standing in front of a defaced Saddam monument, with the Iraqi flag arched above it.

But they wear those traditional Afghanistan hat's in the first pic rock.gif

Now I know where they got those Afghani hats from:

Quote[/b] ]Tarlavsky served as a detachment commander with 5th Group and deployed in support of the war on terrorism to both Afghanistan and Iraq. He entered service in 1996 as an infantry officer before completing the Special Forces Qualification course in 2001, according to DoD.

Now I'm depressed. sad_o.gif

I didn't want to bring this up, cause I have seen too many of those. It is better to remember them as they are on those photos.

And yet it is a very good source of information about field operators.