Sign in to follow this  
MiG2003

Operation Farmland Mod

Also noticed that i couldn't kill zombies with 1 shot to the head anymore crazy_o.gif or do i need to put in one of the old game logics like easy game or something like that for it work?

Also it would be cool if you could do it so soldiers and civilians who get bit by the zombies would make a random scream or something when killed?

Excellent stuff, but I'd like to know about headshots too. Also, is there a way to do the resurrect dead logic with this?

You guys did a very good job on these zombies. Now to finish my awesome coop missions!

BTW,

I am looking for someone to test my missions.. pm me with your email if you are interested.

or msg at mrbean1112@yahoo.com

hmm... why all zombies have got a head on right? :P (on screens)

I download it, but I will test it on second computer. On this I don't have a OFP ;]

Already I've got a idea on a mission xD

also noticed one thing and that is that it feels like the zombies are only targeting me or my group if im near a group.. i put out civilians in my mission and they stood unharmed but it could also be cause they where among some back streets where the zombies could have a little hard time reaching.

Im actually trying to test out a new zombie mission concept reminding a little bit of resident evil games where you get caught up in some outbreak or something and have to fight through or run through all kinds of obstacles.

Im so far using the flooded ocean island and it worked really well for the setting but only problem is that i had to remove zombie dogs cause they made the mission to horrible.... crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

only thing you could see was the ears of the black dog sticking out slightly in the waters surface like "shark fins"

/I

----------------------------------------------------

pretty scary huh? running and walking around in the water shooting some zombies left and right and then you see something small black popping up little little in the water and aproaching quickly tounge2.gif

also whats the farmlands groups game logics used for?

Didn't say anything in the readme about it.

you can still use GblAlltargets from what ive seen, It works if you want more people than the player + group to be targeted.

The reason we removed the 1 shot head kill is it wasn't much of a challenge. wink_o.gif However, I think I made them a bit too strong...

Quote[/b] ]you can still use GblAlltargets from what ive seen, It works if you want more people than the player + group to be targeted.

Of course you can! Those logics are more designed for testing them, you know. tounge2.gif

I test it.

First: great anims! awsome work smile_o.gif

Second: brilliant models

Third: superb dog biggrin_o.gif

reasume: amazing work! keep it up biggrin_o.gif

The reason we removed the 1 shot head kill is it wasn't much of a challenge. wink_o.gif However, I think I made them a bit too strong...
Quote[/b] ]you can still use GblAlltargets from what ive seen, It works if you want more people than the player + group to be targeted.

Of course you can! Those logics are more designed for testing them, you know. tounge2.gif

how do you do that?

Place a game logic called "Zombies target player" under vehicle class FML HP3. wink_o.gif

no i want them to attack everyone except them selves, all west, and civialians and resistance and that biggrin_o.gif

something about putting a trigger covering the mission are that has GblAlltargets thislist in the activation field. Also i think you had to have if it was activated by west , east or civilian?

Was a while since i did those triggers tounge2.gif i suck at commands and stuff tounge2.gif

Just wondering, there is also a game logic that said attack target ( player ) and group. This one doesn`t seem to work because we have to use the gbltargets. Any idea?

Just wondering, there is also a game logic that said attack target ( player ) and group. This one doesn`t seem to work because we have to use the gbltargets. Any idea?

the logic acts as a trigger with

gblalltargets = units group player

(or 'group player', cant remember exactly)

You can still make your ownt trigger with

gblalltargets = [unitname1,unitname2] + group1 +group2

Or

gblalltargets = thislist

thislist should be in a trigger activated by west/east, depending on who you want the zombies to attack smile_o.gif

Great pack. The anims on the slow zombies in particular are very cool. The fast zombies are a good challenge too. The drop and play logics are a great idea. A few things that I would like to see:

- Headshot kills. Even though you said you removed this to increase the difficulty factor, I'd like to it put back in. Let mission makers set the difficulty with numbers, limited ammo, etc.

- Non-psychic zombies. It seems that the zombies always know where you are, even if you start the mission out of sight and a long way away.

It would be much more tense if the zombies just walked around aimlessly until they detected you. Then they would let out a moan, alerting any nearby zombies to your presence. They would then chase you until killed (or until the distance between them and their target was too great, or they have a low knowsabout rating for a few minutes).

The non-psychic zombies thing would give mission makers a lot more options. General Barron's Vampire pack used a similar system. I really hope you consider adding this behaviour.

Another more general horror idea, how about some logics that simply play ambient sounds? Creaking doors, distant footsteps, "phantom" zombies (to play head-games with the players) etc. Good horror is heavily reliant on the aural aspects.

Perhaps it's a bit early to be asking, but do you have any other horror-themed packs planned?

Again, a very cool release thumbs-up.gif

As I've said before, to make the zombies less psychic would require us to edit the zombie scripts, apparently scott managed to suceed in this, but I'm not sure if he did.

As for headshot kills, we'd have to lower the armour of the zombies altogether, and, it would greatly decrease difficulty. (consider how easy it is to get a headshot on a slow zombie)

As for the phantom zombies, try the zombie sounds game logic wink_o.gif

- Headshot kills. Even though you said you removed this to increase the difficulty factor, I'd like to it put back in. Let mission makers set the difficulty with numbers, limited ammo, etc.

If anyone want the config.cpp ( already compressed in pbo ) i already changed the armor. Well only the head. Instead of 5 its now 1. Its not 100% accurate so sometime a 2 shot will be required but it all depends.

Also with scott's zombies there was music from the old dawn of the dead (1978). I can't find them anymore. Anyone have them? ( music )