Sign in to follow this  
MiG2003

MiG ANIMALS

Thanks to all for the kind words about the release of this addon.

Important note about this addon:

In the readme i've mentioned some friends who helped me doing this but as usual there is always someone we forgot to mention, in this case someone very important. I'm refering to Tea Cup. He didn't help me directly but first animated animal was his job and i learn "how to" by studing his dog, so...thanks Teacup.

About ridable horse Miles Teg just touch the point. The animals are human units so we have a big problem doing this.

I think the only way is a very well done script and i'm real real bad scripter. If anyone create a script that make a human unit accept some other human unit in his back and be commanded by this second unit, i'll try to do that ridable horse smile_o.gif

If anyone create a script that make a human unit accept some other human unit in his back and be commanded by this second unit, i'll try to do that ridable horse  smile_o.gif

just imagine the possabilities tounge_o.gif...

Like make other units able to really hold of an injured soldier and take him/her to a safe place to treat his/her injuris. wow_o.gif

Now that would be a nice script, and yes, I know that its one around that let you drag a unit just for that, but we need something more reliable and with animations.

About sheep, yeah, bring them on, I know a few people here in Newport( wales) that would be really happy with that biggrin_o.gif

Lol, just joking, I'm not trying to ofend any Taffys around here wink_o.gif

@CERO.

I will use the cow as a base for a waterbuffalo. I have waited to long to be a gunner in a huey shooting waterbuffalos biggrin_o.gif

I believe you could make the mule into a vehicle and change the tracks that are placed on the ground and you can make animations based on the velocity in a script....you would probably have a lot of hidden selections though

I'm loving it mig...keep up the good work....how about some snakes to go along with everything??

wow... why havent people pressed harder for Deer... I think that this is the animal that will be most usefull to OFP. It adds ambience to the forests, and you finally have something to kill for all those hunters units. Seriously, please introduce deer to OFP, it would make all the deer stands, hunting rifles, shotguns, soooo worth it.

smile_o.gif

nice work indeed

but soem things for teh new version if released

could u fix following plz?

-chicken sound (when placed in masses it sound weird like doubled)

-center the animals (like the chicken or the mule liek they start ingmae from the side or slighty to the right)

-swimming possibilty for ducks (like coc divers)

Some wishes:

-pigs

-goats

-rabbits

-animal "babies"

-some birds would be nice

-a fox or a badger

k thats it prolly

good work mig

is it possible to continue to use mule crate after mule is dead? that would be realistic and very helpfull

dont think so, try to blow up an ammo crate and then grab a m16 from it....

and these mules are just walking ammo crates tounge_o.gif

sad_o.gif why whant any one tell me where you find this addon when you put it in-game sad_o.gif plz some one help....lks gr8

sad_o.gif why whant any one tell me where you find this addon when you put it in-game sad_o.gif  plz some one help....lks gr8

look at civilian side under mig animals or animals wink_o.gif

About adding more animals, i must say something tounge_o.gif It is real easy (only worky) to create more animals cause some can share the same anims i've used. I'm saying that the deer, the camel and the waterbuffalo can be easily made using mule anims. About the elephant, the sheep or the pig that would require specific animations of course. When i've decided to come up with this i was expecting someone could grab the idea and start creating some different animals, including wild animals to give some life to ofp forests. Of course animations are needed but we have good animators in ofp comunity . I can handle it but i'm not really an anim expert. I don't have the time i need to create a zoo, so i prefer to reserch new types of animals like for instance birds, (i'm working on a flying bat right now) or maybe some dolphins biggrin_o.gif

bat2.jpg

tounge_o.gif thanks ExtracTioN i found it but it is only the donkey i thought ther was other animals..kl donkey

Quote[/b] ] thanks ExtracTioN i found it but it is only the donkey i thought ther was other animals..kl donkey

that's real strange bug. You have several animals under civilian/mig animals.

I had this fault too...

Checked my addons and realised I had teh mule too, I removed the mule pbo (left the anims one) and the animals all appeared...

This means get rid of the old mules addon to get the new animals to work

I had this fault too...

Checked my addons and realised I had teh mule too, I removed the mule pbo (left the anims one) and the animals all appeared...

This means get rid of the old mules addon to get the new animals to work

Idd remove all previous animal addons made by MIG use only this new one wink_o.gif