Sign in to follow this  
ofpchaos

Internal engine commands expenditure on script ?

I asks oneself whether it a possibility does not give to query whether the player an instruction in the kind "follow me" or "halt" looks or "watch 12 o'clock" or "dont fire" did not give.  My goal is it to write a script that using the handsigns Addon created by General Barron (OFPEC - Realistic Combat Patrol) that however as a group leader in sign language converts the usual (learned) instructions of a player.  Because the script of General Barron is beautiful and good, but it would be better if instead of that radio menu instructs the instructions (by Actionmenue "creeping mode capable of being activated") would be directly converted.

Is a "STR" description for those commands ?

crazy_o.gif

Slow down -

Try to ask what you want in single sentences.

This is currently illegible.

Oh - and i don't think that hand commands via the radio menu are possible.

ofpchaos, can you post that in its original language, in other words, German? That way we can translate it into english and perhaps help you.

Regards

I think its a translation , or he is trying his best with another language .

My advice is to post in a forum with other German language users or perhaps even ask the question again in German on this forum..i am sure there are German readers here smile_o.gif

I nearly understand .. i think

You are asking if its possible to use hand signals for squad patrols , for use with General Barrons patrol script ?

And is it possible to use the action menu instead of the radio menu for giving squad commands ?

Oh, ok. Sorry. I am using for faster translation google... :-/

General Barron is created an "Marine Corps Handsign Addon" impressively demonstrated in his "Realistic Combat Patrol" Mission. But he used for commanding the squad the "0" menue - known as "radiomenue". This solution is not good in my opinion.

I think for best effect to use this addon in my missions i need a script that "translating" usually standard commands of OFP - -> F2-0-7-2 = player says "Two, danger !" - into exactly these handsigns.

To do this i must know a possibility to give this commands to this script.

For german speaking Users:

look here or/and

here

Sorry my bad english, but i hope it is better than google smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Your English is 100% better than my German smile_o.gif

I cant help with this , but i understand completly what you want , and hopefully so will others who can help .

Its a great idea , i would like to see handsignals as standard in Ofp , as most are universal anyway .

Well, the file you need to see is resource.bin (cpp). (look into FDF's one for example).

I don't know if it is possible to add custom scripts to the command menu commands (action = "[] exec ""blah.sqs""") as in standard dialogs. But propably no, better you ask some dialogs expert.

P.S. Here is resource UI index which you might find helpful.

Edit: I've fiddled around a bit with the resource and it seems impossible.

However, there is a way to replace some command menu orders with those radio-activated (radio Alpha-Juliet) but that'll force you to sacrifice some of radio channels (deleting them from radio menu). Then you can use fake "orders", actually activating radio triggers.

And it will, of course, not work with unit-specific orders through standard F1-12 selections, but whole squad orders such as formations, might be created.

Scripted detection of standard actions/commands seems not to be possible...