Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Hailuoto Island

I just flew over Hailuoto island this summer. I also took some pics from it, thinking if somebody would need them to make a island..Well now the pics are gone..

Yea, I need a mirror. Lycos is a personal website host with very limited bandwidth so I think it is already down. crazy_o.gif

I really like this island, but i have only played the 1.0 beta, as somone allready wrote earlier the link is down.

Have been working on an Mfcti for Hailuoto, well i only merged an FDF Eastborder cti onto the island and edited for it to fit the island, works good, but there´s a few bugs i must correct before any possible release, plus i´m gona ask the author of the fdf eastborder cti if it´s ok, all credit will ofcourse go to him. smile_o.gif

Hi..

Having problem with that island on my dedicated server (Linux). Following message:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Invalid texture aspect ratio (256x4096)

wink_o.gif

I would like to add Hailuoto to the ASP addons-pack for our server, but we're not using the FDF-mod. Is there a way I can get around this?

Can I copy just the files from the FDF-mod that are in use along with Hailuoto onto the server?

If so, which are they?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks smile_o.gif

I'll echo Buliwyf's problem: either the island or Instructor's Finnish houses addon has a nasty texture file in it. Server crashes and spits out<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Invalid texture aspect ratio (128x2048)when trying to load a mission on a dedicated Linux server...

This is using Haliuoto 1.2 and the latest (December 01) version of the house addon (haus.pbo, size 44 605 743 bytes, dated 2004-11-30 22:37)

I'll echo Buliwyf's problem: either the island or Instructor's Finnish houses addon has a nasty texture file in it. Server crashes and spits out<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Invalid texture aspect ratio (128x2048)
when trying to load a mission on a dedicated Linux server...

This is using Haliuoto 1.2 and the latest (December 01) version of the house addon (haus.pbo, size 44 605 743 bytes, dated 2004-11-30 22:37)

Just uploaded a new version with a few minor improvements. See if it works better.

I'll echo Buliwyf's problem: either the island or Instructor's Finnish houses addon has a nasty texture file in it. Server crashes and spits out<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Invalid texture aspect ratio (128x2048)
when trying to load a mission on a dedicated Linux server...

Just uploaded a new version with a few minor improvements. See if it works better.

That one seems to have done it. Yay! For people re-downloading it: the one I tried with and that seems to work is<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">haus.pbo size: 45 035 041 bytes, dated 2004-12-07 22:21

Many thanks for the quick update, Ares!

It's been quiet around this project but I have some small news:

I ill be making a second edition of this island that will be completly standalone, well nearly. The only addon required will be Ares Finnish Houses Pack. With completely new snow textures. And new trees, bushes. smile_o.gif

But I still need to finish Homeland before someone is gonna ask when it will be released. Ofcourse I got beta-testers now which I didn't have previously. smile_o.gif

It's 2016 and Hailuoto v1.2 seems to be nowhere available. v1.1 is scattered around the internet though. Could someone upload it to some safe place?

On another note, did v1.3 ever complete?