Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

Gunmen take 200+ student hostages

Putin will be speaking soon.

EDIT: Its hard to imagine the idiots that did this truely felt this was going to help their cause in some way.

Horrible.... just horrible!

One thing - I never got how those people in the gym died... How did that happen? Suicide-bomb, shot, how?

Roof collapsed i guess...

Putin will be speaking soon.

EDIT: Its hard to imagine the idiots that did this truely felt this was going to help their cause in some way.

This world is full of nutcases...

Doesn't surprise me at all that stuff like this happens... not hard to believe in a world full of violence, terror and disrespect for eachother...

Damn it, Apollo, don't you read my posts? You just seem to ignore what people write in answers to your posts.

I don't want to turn this thread into a flamewar. This is not the right time and place to discuss the Chechen war. Open another thread where i'll copy/paste my previous posts (ignored by you) from different threads where i explained why Chechnya can't be granted freedom. Or will these posts be ignored again? Now let's go watch the news.

It was just reported that some of the dead bodies have been boobytrapped by the terrorists...so when they got moved they detonated...

Well I guess their intetion was to get attention to the chechen crisis and they succeeded in that.

Quote[/b] ]Damn it, Apollo, don't you read my posts? You just seem to ignore what people write in answers to your posts.

I don't want to turn this thread into a flamewar. This is not the right time and place to discuss the Chechen war. Open another thread where i'll copy/paste my previous posts (ignored by you) from different threads where i explained why Chechnya can't be granted freedom. Or will these posts be ignored again? Now let's go watch the news.

We had the discussion earlier and frankly i felt that all my sources that clearly IMO validated my points at that time were also ignored ,now i do not understand where i have ignored youre posts ,i have read them and i see nothing that i have ignored ,plz repeat what you think i have ignored.

I ignored youre request of not discussing the Chechen war in this thread? Well probably then ,but mostly because i feel that a) russia and especially putin has a large responsibilety on this conflict and b) that while due to the media attention that this case gets the casualty's that happen here are moarned more than those casualty's that fell in the Chechen war in far larger numbers when the Russians managed to keep the media witnissing most of that.

Another thing is that find it frankly rediculous that i should have to disconnect this episode from the chechen conflict ,it's clearly linked to it and you need to take the chechen conflict into account to correctly review this episode.This IS the right time to discuss the Chechen conflict!

Im not saying this isn't a tragedy ,but i won't moarn more those casualties that have a lot of media attention than those killed or brutalized in anonimity ,and that goes for all dying children all over this world ,suddently everybody must be schocked about this atrocity ,but most people arn't interrested or don't care anymore for those thousands of children dying every so time by starvation in the endless conflicts in Africa.

IMO ,terrorism is highly over rated and over mediatized.

Damn it, sad times we live in. What has become of us all. We are a human race and as such we should all condem such actions.

We just need to be greatful at present that atleast some are still alive.

No-one could give into terrorist demands. It would just encourage more attacks to get their way and you would end up having your country run by these maniacs!

May they burn in hell for all eternity!

well 17 dead children bodies outside the morgue.. maybe more inside sad_o.gif ... i think the russians will react back.. seems ww3 might be near...

I dought it may go that far, Putin may not be that stupid, a conflict may be onthe horizon, but not a fully fledged war, as i dont think to many countries would disagree, a "terrorist removal" operation. Who knows, Bush may back it up. If he did then Blair (UK, us) definatly would.

But then just to prove a point on this:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing..."

Terrorist scum, I for one hope that Russian security forces capture some of these male and female dogs and put old KGB interrorgation techniques to good use.

Sympathy for families of those affected, its a shame that the most innocent of us all usually pay for the policies and crimes of one side or the other in these conflicts.

Terrorist scum, I for one hope that Russian security forces capture some of these male and female dogs and put old KGB interrorgation techniques to good use.

Sympathy for families of those affected, its a shame that the most innocent of us all usually pay for the policies and crimes of one side or the other in these conflicts.

Agreed. Gruesome, indefinete torture would be a proper punishment for these cowards.

Quote[/b] ]We had the discussion earlier and frankly i felt that all my sources that clearly IMO validated my points at that time were also ignored ,now i do not understand where i have ignored youre posts ,i have read them and i see nothing that i have ignored ,plz repeat what you think i have ignored.

I'm not going to look for my posts in old threads. I'm tired to repeat same things over and over again. Ok discuss the Chechen conflict here if you wish.

By the way, one of the terrorists who took civilian's clothes was caught by Russian forces. Then a civilian  mob pushed the soldiers away and beat that man to death. I don't feel any pity.

Agreed. Gruesome,  indefinete torture would be a proper punishment for these cowards.

Right now, after hearing about all this, I might agree.

But on "normal" day I would say that it is out of the question to torture people, it's simply wrong.

Free Chechnia but punish the terrorists, it's just horrible that even children gets killed by crazy people with guns and bombs.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, one of the terrorists who took civilian's clothes was caught by Russian forces. Then a civilian  mob pushed the soldiers away and beat that man to death. I don't feel any pity.

Compared to the pain and anxiety of the parents of the children involved not too mention the gruesome deaths and injuries that these children sustained he died far to quickly and so got off lightly. mad_o.gif

By the way, one of the terrorists who took civilian's clothes was caught by Russian forces. Then a civilian  mob pushed the soldiers away and beat that man to death. I don't feel any pity.

Yeah whatever as long as it's one of those assholes it's allright...

Just make sure that you're not accidently killing a civilian crazy_o.gif

Oh and Apollo, i think this "terrorism" thing is one big media thing too.

There are too much ppl taking advantage of that word...

Sick.... Watching this on BBC it felt more surreal than 9/11.... Those kids had so much left to do... It's really hard to imagine how completly fucked up you have to be to do something like this...

EDIT: Albert, I seriously don't think that Russian authorities had a raid like this in mind....

ffs, if they want to kill go kill soldiers, killing children makes them unfit to have any saying on their nations situation and to belong to the human race.

on a side note, a big percentage of the the terrorists are arabs...this brings about a lot of complications...and a little girl was just now on russian TV saying it all started when a bomb that was taped to ceiling fell and exploded, so many diferent stories that its impossible to say understand what really happened.

Also the russian forces were completely caught unaware it seems, they acted on their emergency plan but the fact that the area wasnt off limits to civilians\families of the victims is a crass error that caused even more deaths...

sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

hell those russians. Nothing has changed since WWII ... lifes dont count much...

What is that supposed to mean? If you're talking about the outcome, it's easy for you to sit at home and critisize, but it looks like most made it out. If you comment was directed at the reported killing of one of the terrorists by a civilian mob, put yourself in their shoes, would you be content with just putting him under citizen's arrest?

Just heard that 9 of the terrorists were arabic mercenaries.

(No point of give a link, it's in norwegian)

EDIT: I'm not suprised

Horrible , i have no real word to describe what i feel now that i learn that lot of hostage had been killed......

One of those case where i sincerely hope that like i believe, hell is a reality.....

May the innocent victims of those kind of barbaric unhuman beings rest in peace.

Do you really mean mercenaries?

The definition of mercenary is

Quote[/b] ] a person hired to fight for another country than their own

they actually called them that and not terrorists?

edit:

Quote[/b] ]It was just reported that some of the dead bodies have been boobytrapped by the terrorists...so when they got moved they detonated...

mad_o.gif Those damn nutcases have no respect for anything. Terrible business.

Quote[/b] ]seems ww3 might be near...

Uhh...or not. How do you figure?

Quote[/b] ]Just heard that 9 of the terrorists were arabic mercenaries.

They also said the man behind this was Shamil Basayev ,WELL DUH! I knew that when the whole stuff started ,there is only one part of the Chechen seperatist movement who organize such stuff and thats Shamil basayev's splinter group.

And the arabs are logical ,remember that Ibn al-khatab was poisend by the FSB in 2002 ,and that Zelimkhan Yandarbiyev was killed in Doha beginning of this year by a car bomb? (not proven but most probably FSB) Al khatab was a seperatist supporter of Basayev of Saudi Arabian origin ,Yandarbiyev was a former president (came to power after the assasination of Dudaev) who imported Wahibism to a number of Chechen fighters who later organized under Basayev's command ,both these men had many connections under international terrorists and raised funds for actions of Basayev's group ,in turn many of Basayev veteran commando's trained multiple terrorists in the training camps in Afhanistan ,it's probable that for ex. the 9/11 terrorists were trained by commando's of Basayev.

I would go as far as saying that Basayev his group is more a part of Al-Quaida ,and quite directly ,than allied to the real chechen seperatists led by Aslan Maskhadov. (yandarbiyev tried to assasinate Maskhadov btw ,Maskhadov wasn't exactly keen on yandarbiyev spreading wahabism under his commando's)

The connections between Basayevs group and Al-Quaida run so deep that personally i consider Basayev group the strongest allie of Al-Quaida ,and this from way before the 9/11 attacks.

Do you really mean mercenaries?

The definition of mercenary is

Quote[/b] ] a person hired to fight for another country than their own

they actually called them that and not terrorists?

Yeah i heard that too, someone siad they were from Korea?! Maybe i miss heard though.

What i'm really surprised about is that there were no ambulances. It's like forgetting to get some cleaning equipment for a party.