Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

Gunmen take 200+ student hostages

the specnaz have attacked without any plans...

and we know how the things goes in Russia with the counter-terrorism attacks

the specnaz fire at will without any remorse

Plz read a little before you post BS.

Not planning to go in (as you probably heard on the news) is different from having a backup plan if the terrorists start killing hostages.

Do you think they were standing around with their hands in their pockets and smoking before the heavy fightning started today?

Are you Spetsnaz perhaps?

Not planning to go in (as you probably heard on the news) is different from having a backup plan if the terrorists start killing hostages.

Do you think they were standing around with their hands in their pockets and smoking before the heavy fightning started today?

Are you Spetsnaz perhaps?

of course he is, thats why he knows the secret spelling of the Group.

Quote[/b] ]What i'm really surprised about is that there were no ambulances.

There were ambulances actually! People moved other cars with their own hands to clear the way for ambulances.

At times like this I wish I had a gun and a room full of those pig terrorists! mad_o.gif

How cowardly to attack the young who cannot defend themselves! The same as when they have attacked hospitals before!

Makes me wish there really was a rainbow 6, so I could join and do somthing!

Obviously being at work today I had no chance to watch any TV news, just watched a 10 minute BBC News summary and the events of today are simply heart breaking.

They fired at kids wich runway from school after the first explosion... Most of injuries are gunshot wounds.

That's your "rebels" Apollo.

You've already lost when there is a hostage taking, if you want to have the best effect you join an intelligence agency that catches the terrorists before an attack can happen.

There are other CT forces than the fictional Rainbow Six you know, if you really wanted to you could join one of them... wink_o.gif

They fired at kids wich runway from school after the first explosion... Most of injuries are gunshot wounds.

That's your "rebels" Apollo.

My rebels? I didn't order them.You make it sound like i support them.

I do not justify their actions ,i'm a humanist and i hate all killing.

I was talking symantics ,when a bunch of bankrobers take a number of people hostage while robbing a bank ,and one hostage tries to flee upon wich the bankrobbers shoot that hostage ,does that make them terrorists or bankrobbers?

And another thing ,don't trust on Russian media to much ,ever since Putin ousted Goerzinsky "the goose" oligarch and boss of the only free Russian media group with the channel Nedtv Russian media hasn't been exactly unbiased.I wouldn't be surprized if Russian soldiers had more to do with the start of the shooting that what they claim ,the deathtoll is deffinatly higher than what they first claimed.

Thechnia is off limits for western media ,some French journalists with film crew managed to clandistinly make a report in chechnia once some time ago ,what they filmed was hardly less horrible than what ive seen today ,and i was shocked today to.And that was just one report by the only free filmcrew that ever got in there to make such a report ,it was just the tip of the iceberg.

This is a highly dirty war ,and the russians really arn't a hair better than the men opperating under Bashayev ,in fact i would call them worse ,only Russia's atrocity's in chechnia arn't as well documented as the terrorist attacks on russia.

Any thoughts on what Russia's consequent response in Chechnya will be? Or will there even be one?

Personally I think things there have already gotten far worse than they should be for both sides so I hope there is no large scale action by Russia because it wont go well for them.

Anyhow I'm happy this horrible event is over, though it could have potentially gone so much better given better organisation: the military coped amongst themselves as best as could be expected but measures to prevent interference by the crowds should have been in place soon after this kicked off, or more favourably, more time (though it seems the timing of today's events were scheduled by nobody). However things could have been worse also, and we have to be thankful that they weren't.

I just hope people try to be objective about this and see it as the actions of a very fucked up minority, that speak only for themselves and perhaps a few others:- I can't see such a policy of directly victimising children as being acceptable even among some other very extreme individuals, though it seems other people think otherwise; and look at finding a resolve for the greater problem from which this is an accute tangent, before it goes more tit-for-tat.

Quote[/b] ]You've already lost when there is a hostage taking, if you want to have the best effect you join an intelligence agency that catches the terrorists before an attack can happen.

There are other CT forces than the fictional Rainbow Six you know, if you really wanted to you could join one of them...

I know, I just dont think I'm cleaver enough for MI5 really. lol. But then I remember a guy i spoke to once who used to go to the same air cadet squadron as me, he's in the SAS now, maybe, just maybe. Perhaps SO19 would be okay! biggrin_o.gif

I still can't get over how tragic this has been satistics still coming in and its just heart breaking! God damn them!

Whats wrong with the world, why do we have to have huge super powers, why do we all have to be better than others, we are all human, and so should be able to life that way. Maybe one day, we can all life in a free world where we have no conflicts, wars, terrorisim, freedom fighters, and no need for them. I take pitty on those who have lost thier lives and await justice to be brought to bear.

May the hand of justice be high enough for all to see, and let it bring peace to us all...

This heinous act will just invite official and unofficial acts of retribution from Russia.  I can easily see parents of the murdered children starting or supporting paramilitary groups for the sole purpose of revenge.  Barring that, Russian soldiers will surely have this event foremost in their minds if and when they are utlized in retaliatory operations...it is inevitable and so the cycle of violence will continue......

Politically and strategically, it is hard to think what this murderous act will accomplish for the Chechen separatists overall.... except to turn the world and Russians who may have been sympathetic to their cause against them....

The sycle of revenge isnt a new thing there, its been going on since the first tchetchenia war.

Quote[/b] ]What i'm really surprised about is that there were no ambulances.

There were ambulances actually! People moved other cars with their own hands to clear the way for ambulances.

I heard that the ambulances only came along once fighting had started, i meant there wasn't any ambulances standing by at the school somewhere.

Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't be surprized if Russian soldiers had more to do with the start of the shooting that what they claim

Yeah, Russian soldiers had to stand there doing nothing watching children get shot in the back.

Quote[/b] ]And another thing ,don't trust on Russian media to much

I don't. I watch news programs on all channels and i read news in the internet, i read newspapers and i visit this forum. Though some members seem to be more biased than Russian people with their biased media.

Quote[/b] ]This is a highly dirty war ,and the russians really arn't a hair better than the men opperating under Bashayev ,in fact i would call them worse ,only Russia's atrocity's in chechnia arn't as well documented as the terrorist attacks on russia.

How do you think, is your media giving you an unbiased point of view on what's happening in Chechnya? There are no unbiased news agencies so if you want the truth go enlist Russian army and ask them to send you to Chechnya. I don't support our government on this issue (war in Chechnya) but sometimes i hear such BS statements from foreign news agencies that it makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Then you say that you support the freedom fighters but you don't support terrorism. These freedom fighters kill Russian 18 year old conscripts who had no wish to fight in Chechnya. They torture them and behead them. Damn, it's so easy to sit there behind the computer and try to look unbiased by posting such things as you do. Like Russians had been killing Chechens for years and it hadn't caused such an outcry like this situation in Beslan did. In fact you're wrong and every news agency did and does blame Russians for this war. But all normal people support Russians in this situation in Beslan. You're saying you don't justify their actions but then you easily discuss symantics saying those hostage-takers can't really be called terrorists. You're playing with fire.

Quote[/b] ]I heard that the ambulances only came along once fighting had started, i meant there wasn't any ambulances standing by at the school somewhere.

Hmm perhaps they couldn't drive closer to school because it was dangerous? Or maybe it's our shitty system working this way again  mad_o.gif  I hope this time they are more prepared than in the situation in Nord Ost theatre.

Damn, they're saying there are more than 150 dead.

Or maybe the local hospital was around hte block where all people were told to remain, the military/police surely had a basic MASH going.... of some sort, if the ambulances were far

I wouldn't blame the Russians for this particular operation, apparently they did what had to be done.

At times like this I wish I had a gun and a room full of those pig terrorists! mad_o.gif

I think they would rather want people with a bit more self-control.

I have pity for those that have suffered. That will extend to include those innocents in Chechnia who will undoubtably suffer from Russian retribution attacks....i mean....we all know what alot of Russian soldiers are probably thinking right now.....

I have a little sympathy for the "rebels" in Chechnia, as i'm sure they have suffered at the hands of Russians, but no sympathy whatsoever to those who believe that targeting innocents is a legitimate tactic. In my mind this is what makes the difference between Terrorists and Rebels/Freedom fighters....i would not class those who go for military targets as terrorists just because they fight for a cause i do not believe in. However, the minute a group deliberately targets civvys......i class them as terrorists.

Quote[/b] ]And another thing ,don't trust on Russian media to much

I don't. I watch news programs on all channels and i read news in the internet, i read newspapers and i visit this forum. Though some members seem to be more biased than Russian people with their biased media.

Yeah i read in the Times some extracts from a Moscow newspaper in some of which the writers critized the governments foriegn policy in Chechnia for the continuing violence (it was something like....."unless the Kremlin wakes up to the situation, and drastically changes its policy towards chechnia, we can see no change to the current trend/situation" only in harsher language tounge_o.gif ). If the papers were as state controlled as everyone likes to think, surely this wouldnt have been printed  wow_o.gif

Apart from the times i havent seen any analysis of the Chechen situation in the western media, and especially no indepth analysis anywhere. However, i expect once the hostage news gets old, things will move on towards this direction.

I do not justify their actions ,i'm a humanist and i hate all killing.

I was talking symantics ,when a bunch of bankrobers take a number of people hostage while robbing a bank ,and one hostage tries to flee upon wich the bankrobbers shoot that hostage ,does that make them terrorists or bankrobbers?

Apollo, looks like you have no idea what words separatism and terrorism mean. I had time to sure in it. Please take a look into the explanatory dictionary. May be you'll not going to post such a strange posts here anymore. Or, perhaps, it's result of first-class brain washing campaign.