Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Lowlands Warrior

I would like to announce some releases from Sander and RASP.

desert_prerelease.sized.jpg

RNLMC (Dutch Marines), release within 48 hours

(Background: Leusderheide military training area - soon to be released)

at4_2.sized.jpg

RNLMC (Dutch Marines) in woodland fatigues, release within 48 hours

hussars.gif

Men from the Dutch 42 Tank Bataljon, release expected this week

leopard2a6front.gif

Leopard2A6 from the Dutch 42 Tank Bataljon (includes crew), release expected this week

painf.jpg

Armored infantry "Limburgse Jagers", release later this week

Some more:

11th Airmobile Brigade Netherlands Royal Army, release later this week

OPFOR pack (image: BSA sniper), release expected this week

Sit tight, and keep an eye on: http://LLW.THE-DROPZONE.NET/

That Leopard2A6 is looking sweet.

The Dutch 42 Tank Bataljon wear black berets? I only ask as I used to.

cool, but y do the dutch use both US and UK woodland camo patterns?  crazy_o.gif

Very nice looking units you have there.I noticed the weapons look very much like M16's.Is that the Dutch weapon of choice,also that Serb sniper is using the BIS Draguanov will that be his weapon also..Not that i'm complaining of course.I've been using OFrP's units so i can't see why i can't go Dutch tounge_o.gif

Oh yeah,i like this one alot.

redberet.jpg

Does the Leopard tank come in desert camo also.

Very nice looking units you have there.I noticed the weapons look very much like M16's.Is that the Dutch weapon of choice,also that Serb sniper is using the BIS Draguanov will that be his weapon also..Not that i'm complaining of course.I've been using OFrP's units so i can't see why i can't go Dutch tounge_o.gif

dutch use the candian C7 series of rifles which are based on the m16 design.

cool, but y do the dutch use both US and UK woodland camo patterns?  crazy_o.gif

Yes.

Marines use a mishmash of the woodland pattern for fatigues, and UK DPM for their parkas. Helmets and the rest of their equipment is NL DPM (which is only slightly darker than UK DPM)

Army/Airforce/Military Police all use NL DPM.

For desert, the US desert pattern is standard for all services.

Quote[/b] ]Does the Leopard tank come in desert camo also.

Not at this time. I'll ask.

Looking great, as evetything from Lowlands Warrior / KMARNS (the mod studio, not the military unit tounge_o.gif) always does!

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

To answer various different points:

--- Camouflage patterns

The RNLMC adopted UK DPM camouflage clothing during the 1970's as they increased cooperation with the British Royal Marine Commandoes in the UK/NL Landing Force. Starting with the UNTAC mission DPM fatigues were replaced in RNLMC service with US Woodland uniforms. This pattern has not been adopted for rain or cold weather clothing which remains UK DPM. Body armour and helmet covers are issued in DPM as well. Load bearing gear varies as some is privately purchased and can be observed in both Woodland and DPM camouflage material.

The Koninklijke Landmacht (Royal Netherlands Army) started to use DPM uniforms from 1990, the Dutch pattern differing slightly in colouration from the British DPM. However as for the Netherlands the uniforms are dyed ochre before applying the print, used and faded NL fatigues get a more distinctive brighter yellowish overall tint. Before DPM Goretex parkas were adopted for general issue, privately acquired Woodland pattern ECWCS gear was used by many troops.

Small batches of UK desert fatigues were used by the RNLMC during the Provide Comfort relief operation in Northern Iraq. However US style three colour desert camouflage was adopted for general issue, going through several different variations before settling on a distinct Dutch cut.

--- Berets

Navy and RNLMC troop are issued very dark blue, almost black, berets, military constabulary medium blue, air force units wear greyblue berets, most army units currently berets in various shades of khaki (shortly to change to green), airmobile units maroon berets, KCT (special forces) green berets and tank troops black berets. Cap badges indicate branch of service and/or parent regiments. To preserve regimental tradition after the reduction of forces and unit amalgations even individual companies may wear distinctive beret emblems.

--- Dragunov

Opfor units use BIS weapons only, there are no plans to make more precise enemy weaponry like the M70B Kalashnikov clone. The intention was just to have more appropriately looking opponents than 1980's Soviets.

Regards,

Sander

great

I'm also looking forward to the detailed terrain you have there ...

It is as if the Limburgse Jager is posing for a fashion magazine :cool:

Nice work!

Quote[/b] ]Armored infantry "Limburgse Jagers", release later this week

;) I live there.

Looking forward to download those units smile_o.gif

Hey to you Dutch guys, love your pack and all, but a couple things bother me.

1. On the berret of the Yugoslav officer it says that he is police Snap59.jpg

If he is part of some militia force, he can't be police, secondly, it also states that he is from Republika srpska, wich is a country apart from Yugoslavia + it was formed in 1995, when the fighting in the republics of former Yugoslavia was over.

2. Where did you find this helmet? WWII? tounge_o.gif

Snap69.jpg

3. The smallest problem I see is that these soldiers use foreign equipment. AK47's & SVD's for example.

Hi,

1. It was noted in reports by Dutch IFOR officers that in the various entities of Bosnia-Hercegovina, such as the Republika Serpska, soldiers and other armed individuals were simply relabelled as police by all of the former warring parties. They had camouflage uniforms and weaponry, but not the slightest inkling about law enforcement and the normal duties of police. Following these reports the designation word militia has been incorporated in the beret insignia of these units. The Bosnian Serb rebels did style their self proclaimed political entity the Republika Serpska.

2/3. Weaponry and equipment from various sources and of different antiquity could be observed in use. This included World War II vintage items of uniform. Aside from the regular JNA model steel helmets Soviet, U.S., WW2 German, East-German and British type steel helmets were in evidence. Weaponry was not limited to that in the pre-war JNA inventory. Different types were smuggled to all of the warring parties.

Regards,

Sander

Hi again, well it still doesn't classify as a militia force, much less as a Yugoslavian militia force, as it is an offical law keeping force inside Republika Srpska. I agree that there are such instances of police being made up from former criminals, but nevertheless.

And I also agree that the weapons stokpiles were full of old stuff, but JNA primarily used their own homemade equipement, while paramilitary formations were usually given support in anything avalible, including old stockpiles. The other two sides were the ones that smuggled in weapons in large quantities.

Now please don't take this as an attack on your mod or anything, I just want some kind of relabelment, to change it from "Yugoslav militia" to something else.

Hi,

There are no updates planned for the current addon and there will will be no change in label.

In many Slav countries police forces carry the name of militia. In English however militia is commonly defined as irregular armed forces and it is in the latter sense that the word is used in the category designation. Beret badges include the word militia in Cyrillic as an authentic detail because various armed thugs would indeed label themselves as such even if they were more practiced in breaking the law rather than upholding it.

It was not the intention to depict regular forces, as that would require a bit greater uniformity in appearance and the provision of more specific weaponry (eg M70 Kalashnikov clones or M53 machine gun). Portraying militia, ie irregular fighters, would allow for greater variety in appearance and equipment reflecting the lack of proper logistical support available to regular armies.

The generic category 'KMM - Yugoslav militia' is used instead of a more specific name, such as for instance 'KMM - Bosnian-Serb Irregulars', because there will eventually be other Yugoslav factions grouped under that header as well, all a mixed ragtag of Southern Slav irregular militia.

Regards,

Sander

Hi,

There are no updates planned for the current addon and there will will be no change in label.

In many Slav countries police forces carry the name of militia. In English however militia is commonly defined as irregular armed forces and it is in the latter sense that the word is used in the category designation. Beret badges include the word militia in Cyrillic as an authentic detail because various armed thugs would indeed label themselves as such even if they were more practiced in breaking the law rather than upholding it.

My point exactly. It means police, rather than a group of armed thugs. And I haven't seen any group labeling themselves as police, but OK, I'm not arguing.

It was not the intention to depict regular forces, as that would require a bit greater uniformity in appearance  and the provision of more specific weaponry (eg M70 Kalashnikov clones or M53 machine gun). Portraying militia, ie irregular fighters, would allow for greater variety in appearance and equipment reflecting the lack of proper logistical support available to regular armies.

The generic category 'KMM - Yugoslav militia' is used instead of a more specific name, such as for instance 'KMM - Bosnian-Serb Irregulars', because there will eventually be other Yugoslav factions grouped under that header as well, all a mixed ragtag of Southern Slav irregular militia.

Regards,

Sander

OK, do what you like, it's your mod.

Best wishes,

4-Eyes