Sign in to follow this  
Diesel

A-10 Thunderbolt II v0.5

That's a LOMAC screenshot, and desert camo for the A-10 never got past the experimental stage, so I don't think it would be suitable

LOMAC planes are a good reference how planes should look in ofp.

I don't know about polycount of those planes, but they are looking quite nice.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the visual shape is created with 68.000 polygons and that is just the limit of what FS can handle, files with more polygons will just not compile. The complexity of the external shape is just unprecedented. The VC is created with 41.000 polygons and also extremely detailed

crazy_o.gif

OMG, every human player has less polygons than that plane!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Diesel, you should download that video!

Then you get the real spirit of that plane! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the visual shape is created with 68.000 polygons and that is just the limit of what FS can handle, files with more polygons will just not compile. The complexity of the external shape is just unprecedented. The VC is created with 41.000 polygons and also extremely detailed

crazy_o.gif

OMG, every human player has less polygons than that plane!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Diesel, you should download that video!

Then you get the real spirit of that plane! wink_o.gif

I watched it. Great model tounge_o.gif

i dont remember if you did this but, did you make the hud shine in the night? that could probably fix the lighting problem on the hud

Question: is your A10 configured so that machine gunners target it?

Sorry, I don't understand you rock.gif

"Czy twój A-10 jest tak skonfigurowany, ze celowniczy karabinu maszynowego* go namierzaja**?"

*) Przypuszczam, ze chodzi o PK, M60, etc...

**) I pewnie czy strzelaja.

I would translate it like this ;)

"Czy twój A-10 jest tak skonfigurowany, ze celowniczy karabinu maszynowego* go namierzaja**?"

What Lenin said. biggrin_o.gif

What Lenin said. biggrin_o.gif

made straight forward translation, which doeasn't make sense. crazy_o.gif

He explains it though. smile_o.gif

Thanks Lenin wink_o.gif

Theavonlady, i don't know.

Update:

Can't shoot rock.gif

Update:

Can't shoot

Well, can you fix that for the next release? rock.gif

How?

BTW. I testing other a10 (BIS, INQ) and ai with PK don't shoot too rock.gif

i think it depends on the units ammo that is firing at the a10,like take a look at JAM east machinegunner and put it next to regular east machinegunner and put down a regular uh60 see what one fires

o ya and adjusting the threat values biggrin_o.gif

If you want your plane to be attackable by enemy MG gunners, your best bet would be to download Gimbal's planes (old addon,still good ones though)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=826

If I recall correctly you have to use these threat values from the cpp to make your plane attackable.. smile_o.gif

If I recall this right, then you should just set the "cost"-parameter in the config extremely high, then everyone should attack the plane with his bare hands.

That would be terrible crazy_o.gif , the damage 4 ai machine gunners can do with their PK's is very unrealistic, even the HD jam ones, far to acurate and from way too far, PK'ers are more dangerous than stingers and strelas and its also hard to find them and kill them, its just anoying to be shot down by a.i. mg fire and feels wrong just like with the BAS MH-60 DAP sad_o.gif .

Also i find the armor and main gun just about right, the armor is tough but doesnt make things unbalanced, they can be shot down with a decent amount of rounds from a ZU-23 and please remember i expect to disable them if i it them with a missile from another jet wink_o.gif .

Main gun is strong enough to kill a tank but a bit too good for air to air combat, i think it is balanced right this way smile_o.gif .

The handling... well it flies worse than the BIS one but i believe you will fix that?

Trust me a soldier trying to shoot this plane down with PK rounds wouldnt hit much in RL and would be wasting his time and ammo smile_o.gif .

If you're flying at 350-550 KPH, will an OFP PK soldier hit you at all? A lot? A little? I don't recall flying a plane in OFP that's targeted by MGs to know from experience.

Unlike choppers that are targeted, the planes are much faster and I would assume would take much fewer hits, even from an MG soldier with a maximimum SKILL setting.

I think this needs to be tested, no?

Besides that, as already mentioned, the A10's armor settings needs to be upped to simulate the plane's real life qualities.

Diesel, any news about an update?

If you're flying at 350-550 KPH, will an OFP PK soldier hit you at all? A lot? A little? I don't recall flying a plane in OFP that's targeted by MGs to know from experience.

Unlike choppers that are targeted, the planes are much faster and I would assume would take much fewer hits, even from an MG soldier with a maximimum SKILL setting.

I think this needs to be tested, no?

Besides that, as already mentioned, the A10's armor settings needs to be upped to simulate the plane's real life qualities.

Diesel, any news about an update?

Sorry, but no. Now i'll working on car for OM. (I going to school yet smile_o.gif Maybe, if i have time, i'll done my plane

I can relased only fixed (i hope so) grey version - ctd bug.

BTW. So, i must create new model with other weapons, or use HAWK's system weapon? What u think rock.gif