Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

Yep, this is looking very elite BB.

*Runs off screaming "w00t w00t"*

blues.gif

@ Blackblood

Very nice work !!! I am looking forward for new British desert soldiers (they will be great together with DKMM UK_pack British Armoured units).

Thx for your excellent work !

fighter

smile_o.gif

Please, don't torture us with such amazing screens smile_o.gif Simply release them as fast as you can smile_o.gif

Yes but just make sure they are brit standard when you do wink_o.gif

*jaws drop*

excellent work, incredible detail, every day waiting for these fine units is more than worth the time wink_o.gif

if you can keep this pace up off adding unbeliveable stuff you might as well take some more month, i will more than happy to wait biggrin_o.gif

Damn Blackblood, your units looking so kick ass smile_o.gif

I wish that every OFP Addon would have such a great quality smile_o.gif

@hooahman:

Congrats to your 900 post wink_o.gif

Yes but just make sure they are brit standard when you do  wink_o.gif

Drunk and asleep in a pile of thier own filth?

Quote[/b] ]Drunk and asleep in a pile of thier own filth?

I'm not going to start an argument, just watch what you say  rock.gif

I was actually on about armed forces... mad_o.gif

Don't mind Munk, he just thinks he's funny.

Anyway, they units are looking top-notch, I especially like the use of the coloured blocks as clear markers for LOD boundaries, must make testing a lot easier, I might have to 'borrow' that idea wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Drunk and asleep in a pile of thier own filth?

I'm not going to start an argument, just watch what you say  rock.gif

I was actually on about armed forces... mad_o.gif

Lets just say I consider myself a standard Brit... wink_o.gif

Im sure our armed forces would agree with my description anyway tounge_o.gif

im speechless... top work

Holy Edmonson! It's not hard to be inspired by your incredible feedback! I've sadly lost interest in doing this for me so it's all for you lot *sniff*.

Yes but just make sure they are brit standard when you do  wink_o.gif

I guess you mean proper loadout and stuff. When it comes to appearance i will make it as close to reality as possible.

But hyperrealism junkies look away tho, watching other guys threads on addons based on real life i've seen a substantial amount of "splitting hair"- attitude.

I mean like: "Shouldn't the officers be cleanshaved and have less wrinkles on their legs?" or "that pouch should be place 2mm to the left" and stuff.

It kind of takes away the fun when you're literally forced to keep it at überrealism level just because it is based on r/l. Don't get me wrong, there wont be any hollywood characters in this pack - just uk grunts based on pics and docs that delivers the ancient message: don't f*** with us.  

rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

He, don't worry about the load-outs and stuff like that.

You got most of the stuff right. And in RL the load-out is SO random that you can't even hope to get it right in OFP. In fact it's so random, that your loadout might be right for a few members of the SAS smile_o.gif

In a game you can only get close to reality, nothing more. We (I think I can speak for all persons in this thread) love the units and we don't mind if one or two pouches are placed 2cm to the right or left of the right position. wink_o.gif

Yeah don't worry about the loadouts.

Quote[/b] ]just uk grunts based on pics and docs that delivers the ancient message: don't f*** with us.

That's what I was on about biggrin_o.gif

sim

BB - just another Brit looking forward this outstanding addon - and as far as the uberrealism malarkey is concerned, we could use JJR's opfor as Regt guys and wouldn't be far wrong in some cases.

As an aside, there are unconfirmed (and open source) reports that on odd occasions, UKSF have been operating in Iraq wearing U.S. kit - so that muddies the waters even more.

Thanks for all the hard work so far.

Rats404

As an aside, there are unconfirmed (and open source) reports that on odd occasions, UKSF have been operating in Iraq wearing U.S. kit - so that muddies the waters even more.

I've seen a picture of British Landy's with soldiers wearing US 3-color BDU's together with soldiers wearing the normal british kit. This may be British SF's wearing US camo, but it can also be Dutch SF's working together with British SF's, since the Dutch use the US 3-color desert camo.

Yep looking damn good BB.

Keep up the good work mang, we appreciate it very much.

maybee you could ask Earl or Suchey if you can use their M16M203 rock.gifsmile_o.gif

looking really sweet, I love the bergen! The beards, and the oakleys! blues.gif

My biggest setback this far...

Have to sit down and reconsider this whole thing. Could really use some advice from the gurus outthere.

The setback:

I have used 'dummy animations' to check for individual states on the soldiers like for example:

? animationphase 'morphinecheck' == 1 : do this and that...

The AI do animate when ordered - BUT the animationphase shows no change whatsoever unless you have the ai in visual sight. That means I have to look at the bloke when giving orders to drop bergen or whatever.

Another example:

The customizable units. Uses different animationphases to check what gear to wear. Works beautiful IF it applies on you and refuses to work on any ai who's out of eyesight.

Tried everything. Ideas anyone?  blues.gif

no just go slow and think maybee you've forgotten something... You just driving up hill, change the gearing and your fine! blues.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

OMG - These look sooo Good - Can't wait for the release on these, especially with the release of the revamped Afghanistan map - Perfect units for behind Enemy Lines Ops S&D wink_o.gif