Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

Questions on unified zombie mod

Post any scripting questions you have about the zombie mod HERE.

Just some ground rules:

1) Zombie mod scripting questions only. I will ignore anything that is covered under general OFP, e.g. arrays, creating cameras etc.

2) Don't ask when a certain mod feature will be "done". We don't work to any timescales - Scott already works full time as a software engineer so sometimes can't be arsed biggrin_o.gif

3) I hate Resident evil (the movie). Any mention of lickers, flickers, knickers etc will be ignored.

Apart from that - ask anything!

PS: this mod has nothing to do with the undead mod created by General Barron.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SCRIPT UPGRADE RC3 - HOW TO MAKE THE AI ZOMBIES REACT FASTER AND WHAT WILL BE CHANGED IN RC4!!!!

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....y650940

1. Initialising global variables and zombie mod arrays - IMPORTANT

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....5;st=90

2. Zombies don't attack me/ what are SERVER gamelogics for?

answers on this page

3. Why do zombies not attack player in MP?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....y621945

4. How do I set the difficulty levels?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....5;st=30

5. Why don't "bit" humans resurrect as zombies (and other resurrection issues)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....y621945

6. How to make the zombies "speak" ?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....5;st=30

7. Known bugs in script upgrade release candidate 1  

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....y644636

7. Event handlers in new zombie mod (THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR SCRIPT UPGRADE RC2!)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....5;st=45

8. Whats your web page?

http://www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz

9. What's coming next?

DONT ASK!!!!!  crazy_o.gif

how do i make the zombies attack me??

i have added a game logic named server and some zombies and a group of west soldiers but nothing happens, i even added waypoints to zombies but thye just stand still..

how do i make the zombies attack me??

i have added a game logic named server and some zombies and a group of west soldiers but nothing happens, i even added waypoints to zombies but thye just stand still..

You set up the gblAllTargets array.

gblAllTargets is an array of units for the zombies to attack. Every unit type except buildings (EDIT: Buildings can be attacked in script upgrade 2 onwards!!!), boats and planes are considered fair game by the zombies.

For example, to make the zombies attack the player, create a new standard game logic in the editor, and in the initialisation string type:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

gblAllTargets = [Player]

you can add and remove any units you like from this array . There is no limit to the size of the array.

For example, in a multiplayer game where you have 5 players named P1 through to P5, you would use:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

gblAllTargets = [P1,P2,P3,P4,P5]

To add entire groups is easy.

First name your groups. In the LEADER of each group (the highest ranking officer) put the following initialisation statement

grpx = group this

Where x is the group number

Then, when all groups have been named, create a game logic that has the following initialisation string:

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets + units grp1 + units grp2 + ...

You will now see that the groups are zombie chow.

Any more questions? smile_o.gif

1.) Are you planning on combining the Undead mod scripts into the Zombie mod for ease in mission editing purposes.

2.) Do you have anything on all the units you have (like a list of all the units you are making or have made). I'm just interested in what all the units are.

3.) Have you found a way for the scripts to be less CPU intensive in massive amounts of zombies.

4.) Shopping mall?

5.) Great job with everything, and keep up the good work. If you need any help in the mission editing aspect feel free to PM me or Email me at Skewballzz@aol.com

1.) Are you planning on combining the Undead mod scripts into the Zombie mod for ease in mission editing purposes.

2.) Do you have anything on all the units you have (like a list of all the units you are making or have made).  I'm just interested in what all the units are.

3.) Have you found a way for the scripts to be less CPU intensive in massive amounts of zombies.  

4.) Shopping mall?

5.)  Great job with everything, and keep up the good work.  If you need any help in the mission editing aspect feel free to PM me or Email me at Skewballzz@aol.com

1. The undead mod and the zombie mod are two different mods by two different teams. Why should they be merged?

I will never introduce "magical" creatures like vampires, werewolves etc into the zombie mod. If it ain't Romero, it ain't in! (Well, apart from the return of the living dead stuff.)

2.  Available unit types are as follows:

ZombieExangelina,

ZombieExSoldierWB, ZombieExSoldierWSaboteur,

ZombieExSoldierWSaboteurDay, ZombieExOfficerW,

ZombieExSoldierWPilot, ZombieExSoldierWCrew,

ZombieExSoldierWSniper, ZombieExSoldierWMedic,

ZombieExSoldierWLAW, ZombieExSoldierWCaptive,

ZombieExSoldierWMiner, ZombieExSoldierWMG,

ZombieExSoldierWG, ZombieExSoldierWMortar,

ZombieExSoldierWAA, ZombieExSoldierWAT,

ZombieExSoldierWSaboteurPipe, ZombieExOfficerWNight,

ZombieExSoldierGB, ZombieExOfficerG,

ZombieExSoldierGMG, ZombieExSoldierGCrew,

ZombieExOfficerGNight, ZombieExSoldierGMedic,

ZombieExSoldierGLAW, ZombieExSoldierGG,

ZombieExSoldierGAT, ZombieExSoldierGAA,

ZombieExSoldierGPilot, ZombieExOfficerE,

ZombieExSoldierEB, ZombieExSoldierECrew,

ZombieExSoldierEPilot, ZombieExSoldierESaboteur,

ZombieExSoldierESniper, ZombieExOfficerENight,

ZombieExSoldierEG, ZombieExSoldierELAW,

ZombieExSoldierEMedic, ZombieExSoldierEMG,

ZombieExSoldierEMiner, ZombieExSoldierEAA,

ZombieExSoldierEAT, ZombieExSoldierESaboteurPipe,

ZombieEx1, ZombieEx2, ZombieEx3,

ZombieEx4, ZombieEx5, ZombieEx6,

ZombieEx7, ZombieEx8 ,ZombieEx9,

ZombieEx10, ZombieEx11,

ZombieExWoman1,ZombieExWoman2,

ZombieExWoman3, ZombieExWoman4,

ZombieExWoman5, ZombieExWoman6,

CrawlingZombieEx, HeadlessZombieEx,

ZombiePilot, ZombieDrTongue

In addition to that, we have made:

A skeleton (model by Prototype 001) - can't access freewebs just now, so no link;

Unified zombie mod sound pack (good for any horror map, not just zombies)

The Coffin

The Overturned Bus

3.  I am looking into ways of speeding up the zombies. Whether or not I'll be successful is another matter.

So far, I am going to:

a) have the zombies think of food less often

b) shorten variable names.

c) exec less scripts and use more functions

EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN DONE FOR THE SCRIPT UPDATE RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 - DOWNLOAD FROM LINK IN SIG!!

EDIT:

4. YES!!! MIG IS WORKING ON A SHOPPING MALL! (Oct 27th 2004)

yes, why'd you doublepost? rock.gif

naw, kidding , just two questions i already asked but didn't got answered...

1) will there be a zombie healf-eaten dog?

2) will there be a light effect pack?

yes, why'd you doublepost?  rock.gif

naw, kidding , just two questions i already asked but didn't got answered...

1) will there be a zombie healf-eaten dog?

2) will there be a light effect pack?

1: Already made demon dog for Vampire pack. Half eaten? zombies don't eat dogs!

2: No plans for that. Surely there are light effect packs out there on ofp.info or whatnot?

Sorry to sound like a total retard.. but unfortunately your brilliant addon still has me flummoxed.

Scenario: I want the zombies to attack all units possible on the map (Bar themselves, obviously)

Lets say I've already laid 3 squads of zombies, a squad of US soldiers and a group of civillians and nothing else Could someone please go step by step how to make the above happen? (The zombies just stand there like melons for me!)

Sorry to sound like a total retard.. but unfortunately your brilliant addon still has me flummoxed.

Scenario: I want the zombies to attack all units possible on the map (Bar themselves, obviously)

Lets say I've already laid 3 squads of zombies, a squad of US soldiers and a group of civillians and nothing else Could someone please go step by step how to make the above happen? (The zombies just stand there like melons for me!)

A simple example on a simple situation

Create a West - Infantry - Infantry group, put the Officer as yourself

In the Officier init line , put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">TEAM1=group this

Away, create an East - Infantry -Zombies group

Create now a Game Logic , edit its properties and change the line "Game Logic" that is to the right of the word "Unit"  to "Zombi Mod - HARD Game"

In the init line of this game logic, put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gblAllTargets=units TEAM1

Preview,

You will notice that the zombies will begin to move to your (and your squad direction) your squad will open fire...

But the fight will be desesperate, as each dead zombie will get up very few time after having being killed to attack again.

Soon your squad will be annihilated and they will join the zombies to go after you

Run, run !!!!

Of course you can select a lower difficulty level in the Game Logic choice instead of HARD.

I just want to add that the warfaregames website (the host of those 2 files) is now closed, unfortunately making those 2 files not downloadable from their server .

I uploaded the zombie mod sfx pack to Munk, hopefully ofpcentral.com now has the sound pack.

If you can't find it there, add tunstals@hotmail.com to your MSN messenger and get online Monday night @ 7PM GMT. I will upload the sound pack to all who want it (webmasters, this especially means YOU). It's a big file, so 56K users are best to wait for OFPCentral to host.

NB: if you add me to MSN and ask me details of "will I be creating a new addon that does xyz" or "can your zombies do this in the next release" I will not be pleased. Invites to games of CTF will be gratefully received though biggrin_o.gif

I don't mind bug reports (although they should ideally be in this thread)

Finally, Zombus.pbo is now part of the unified zombie mod. You can download that from the link in my sig.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">TEAM1=group this

Create now a Game Logic , edit its properties and change the line "Game Logic" that is to the right of the word "Unit"  to "Zombi Mod - HARD Game"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gblAllTargets=units TEAM1

Preview,

You will notice that the zombies will begin to move to your (and your squad direction) your squad will open fire...

But the fight will be desesperate, as each dead zombie will get up very few time after having being killed to attack again.

Soon your squad will be annihilated and they will join the zombies to go after you

Run, run !!!!

Of course you can select a lower difficulty level in the Game Logic choice instead of HARD.

Remember, you can add as many units to gblAllTargets array as you wish.

e.g.

gblAllTargets = units TEAM1 + units TEAM2 + units TEAM3...

etc. etc.

HOWEVER, the more targets in that array, the longer it takes zombies to determine the closest food source - see the readme.txt file for details.

EDIT: AS OF 24 OCTOBER 2004, IT IS ALRIGHT TO DOWNLOAD FROM WWW.UNIFIEDZOMBIEMOD.WZ.CZ

BUG REPORT

Known bugs as of 11 September 2004:

1) Crawler has white face.

This is due to a missing texture. The next zombie mod will fix this.

2) If you shoot zombies when gblIndestructibleZombies is set to 1, your team mates may shoot you.

This is because zombies that "get up" after being apparently "killed" are actually new zombies createunit'd on the spot. The "killed" zombie is deleted. The new zombies join grpNull and this appears to be a civilian group - I guess your team doesn't like you killing friendlies!!!!

This is being addressed for the next zombie mod patch.

3) Zombies with damage of 0 don't have blood on them.

This is because some zombies are just civilian models with damage of 0.8 - any lower and they appear "intact". This isn't a bug as such but rather a way to avoid bundling "gore" models of civilians with the zombie mod.

27 OCTOBER 2004 UPDATE

All of the above bugs except #3 have been fixed. Download zombie mod and script updates from link in my sig.

zombies are now just taking 3 shots. and it doesn't matter what difficlulti I have they only take 3 shots enyway. even the crawler and the headless do. I read thrue the readme but I couldn't find enything how to change the strange on a zombie

zombies are now just taking 3 shots. and it doesn't matter what difficlulti I have they only take 3 shots enyway. even the crawler and the  headless do. I read thrue the readme but I couldn't find enything how to change the strange on a zombie

You can either go to ofpec.com and look for toughunit.sqs

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=239

OR

You derive new zombies from the existing ones. It's easier than you think, and discussed in the zombie mod ADDONS: COMPLETE thread.

Preview,

Run, run !!!!

Cheers mate.. I tend to have troubles getting to grips with flashpoint scripting, but when someone goes through it step by step, well I end up mastering it biggrin_o.gif

Yup, thanx to Sanctuary for that tip ghostface.gif

What are you waiting for? Get mission making! tounge_o.gif

j/k biggrin_o.gif

Yup, thanx to Sanctuary for that tip  ghostface.gif

What are you waiting for? Get mission making!  tounge_o.gif

j/k  biggrin_o.gif

Already half done biggrin_o.gif

A slightly different take.. your part of a team holding a "Evacuation Station" and you've got to hold on till the evacuation is completed.

Set on SKYE (Where else hey?) with Project UKF's DPM pack.

Zombies vs. Bayonets... JUSTICE!

I got them to work, did the game logic, they chase me down, but when they attack, nothing happends....i just stand their, fine and dandy?

i seem to be getting this error rock.gif

\zombiescripts\initmalezombie.sqs

and where do you change the properties line to "Zombi Mod - HARD Game"?

I got them to work, did the game logic, they chase me down, but when they attack, nothing happends....i just stand their, fine and dandy?

Are you still suffering this problem, or have you fixed it?

Could it be that your mod is out of date?

EDIT: REMOVED!!!

www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz NOW has the latest files.

Q. Why don't all the bitten humans resurrect with the new mod?

A. You need a spare "slot" in the groups referenced in the gblGroupList array, as a temporary placeholder for the resurrected human.

For example, if gblGroupList held references to 3 groups (every created zombie will automatically add its group to the list) and each group was full, that is to say, had 12 units each, then bit humans would not resurrect.

To clarify, the logic is as follows

For each group in gblGroupList

If number of units in group is < 12

create zombie unit using that group

assign new zombie to GrpNull

Exit For

End If

End For

It is best if you create groups SPECIFICALLY FOR the purpose of resurrection.

For example, create a solitary EAST unit on an island AWAY FROM THE BATTLEFIELD, not grouped with anyone. Think of it as a placeholder. The east unit will never be killed, and that's what we want!!!

Put in the init string of the solitary unit:

MyGroup = group this; this disableAI "MOVE"

Then, create a TRIGGER which waits for gblInitDone==1, which executes the following code on activation:

gblGroupList = gblGroupList + [MyGroup]

You have now told the zombie mod that this group can be temporarily used for resurrecting dead humans.