Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Vampires/Undead Pack Beta Release

As an afterthought   wow_o.gif

On Friday, August 13th, the Disciples Squad got together for the first annual FESTIVAL OF RETARDS at my place in Ohio.  While not all of the squad members could make It for various reasons (hurricanes, slipped discs, general whinning, meteors from Uranus, etc) the ones that showed up (meaning the first time we had ever met face to face) seemed to have a blast.  My blessed wife and I hosted it, we had 100 lbs of ribs, 3 kegs, and free use of a paintball field/equipment/air station and free paintballs for the weekend.  WE HAD A FUCKING BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We carried on till the wee hours of the mornings on Fri and Sat, and still didnt manage to kill the 3 kegs or all of the ribs, even tho Redemption doesnt seem to need sleep, and Tonelock drinks like a damm sponge.....  It was a very distinct pleasure for my wife and I to finally meet several of the "voices" that I at least have come to call friends over the last few years.  We plan on making this an annual event, at a different location each year, and I must say........................I wouldnt have traded the weekend of the Festical of Retards for the world.  Our resident camera freak, Rip, took some great pics of the debauchery, and they can be d-loaded and viewed at http://207.72.6.37:8282/watch/F.O.R.PICS.zip  and  http://207.72.6.37:8282/watch/F.O.R.Pics(2).zip  

for any interested parties.  Copy and paste if link wont work.

As a dedicated player/map-maker/addon maker of the OFP community, I would seriously reccommend any kind of get-together for a clan, in person.  Drink some beer, eat some food, then go invade a neighboring town.  IT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank BIS for providing the opportunity for such a large gathering of ppl, a great game, and all the accompanying headaches.  Thanks to DISCIPLES for tolerating me!!!!

ANY OF YOU FREAKS IS WELCOME AT MY HOUSE ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again:

LIVE NAKED

PLAY NAKED

DIE NAKED

WHEN IN DOUBT...............KILL YOURSELF

Monoloth  [Public relations Officer; Disciples Squad, OFP]

PS:  We currently use the OFP watch Auto_D_Loader for our server, feel free to look us up @ our site http://disciples-squad.net/ or on our server :

Server ip is 68.193.178.23

port # 2302

We currently use the FDF MOD, connect witrhout it, and we will be forced to kick you as it will make the server all types of poopie-pants.............

in your update make a priest and a vampire hunter with a cowboy hat on and ooh ooh. Anyhow, my idea for a vampire hunter story would have to be taking place in Alaska where they got night time for a long time. Then the vampires can party outside all they want for long periods of time n stuff. I'd make it a vampire resort and some friggin vampire hunter comes into town to kill em all.

general barron you've got uptated hellhound possession. is there a picture on it?

just watched dog soldiers...

make werewolfes!  biggrin_o.gif

(and let them jump, just like the vampires  wink_o.gif )

Regarding what you and Kueter have been working with, I have the *Special Weapon* finished, sent it to Kueter for Beta the other nite.  You may want to touch base with him, may need to "beef" it up a bit in the cpp.

Would that special weapon be the same thing you guys contacted me about? tounge_o.gif

If so, i cant wait to see what youve done. smile_o.gif

So i'm scary ,hein Pathy ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]I already reskinned the seagull model into a crow. However, OFP doesn't let you define new seagull type units, I'm afraid. I couldn't even change the model of the original seagull in the core config without a CTD.

However, I have been thinking about trying to make a "seagull" script that would "fly" an object around like a seagull. Haven't got around to it yet, but it definately is possible. The object should be animated though, so the bat flaps its wings. But I don't know how to make my crow do that.

what's the name of the seagull p3d model? I've take a look at data3d but i didn't find it. If you wand i can give you an hand with the animations

So i'm scary ,hein Pathy  ghostface.gif
Quote[/b] ]I already reskinned the seagull model into a crow. However, OFP doesn't let you define new seagull type units, I'm afraid. I couldn't even change the model of the original seagull in the core config without a CTD.

However, I have been thinking about trying to make a "seagull" script that would "fly" an object around like a seagull. Haven't got around to it yet, but it definately is possible. The object should be animated though, so the bat flaps its wings. But I don't know how to make my crow do that.

what's the name of the seagull p3d model? I've take a look at data3d but i didn't find it. If you wand i can give you an hand with the animations

The seagull model is

racekt.p3d

it depends on two textures:

racek_spodek.pac

racek_top.pac

hlava2.pac

That's 3 textures. Were you listening??? lol

And it doesn't suit a bat shape. I already tried to convert it ;)

Pathy, yes it is indeed the weapon, and yes it is done (GOD I HOPE) lol. As soon as kueter gives the ok, I will send it to you as promised

Pathy, yes it is indeed the weapon, and yes it is done (GOD I HOPE) lol.  As soon as kueter gives the ok, I will send it to you as promised

Is it a BFG??? lol

Here is the Bat i've made smile_o.gif I've made also one flight animation for it. Hope any of you folks can make this fly with scripting wink_o.gif

batf.jpg

batb.jpg

And the download link for the model, textures and anim file is

Here

Here is the Bat i've made smile_o.gif I've made also one flight animation for it. Hope any of you folks can make this fly with scripting wink_o.gif

batf.jpg

batb.jpg

And the download link for the model, textures and anim file is

Here

You're throwing a challenge to me, right? Right? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You're throwing a challenge to me, right? Right?

Why not ? tounge_o.gif

Only a damn good scripter can do it!

The credit is yours Zombie_Mod if you made it biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You're throwing a challenge to me, right? Right?

Why not ? tounge_o.gif

Only a damn good scripter can do it!

The credit is yours Zombie_Mod if you made it  biggrin_o.gif

I can't get the mofo to flap!!

FLAP DAMN YOU!!!

Quote[/b] ]I can't get the mofo to flap!!

FLAP DAMN YOU!!!

Don't care about what Zombie_Mod is saying  tounge_o.gif

He's joking smile_o.gif  In fact we are working as a team with the bat and i assure you all that the damn bat is flaping fine and will be released in about ... a week (full working bat) ! MiG's word wink_o.gif

Anyone knows if bats have glowing eyes?

cant u just replace it with the seagull? that thing was boring anyway wink_o.gif

aah thisd is sweet now all i need is some british urban sas units and i can make a hellsing (anime) scenario!

Quote[/b] ]I can't get the mofo to flap!!

FLAP DAMN YOU!!!

Don't care about what Zombie_Mod is saying  tounge_o.gif

He's joking smile_o.gif  In fact we are working as a team with the bat and i assure you all that the damn bat is flaping fine and will be released in about ... a week (full working bat) ! MiG's word wink_o.gif

Anyone knows if bats have glowing eyes?

We're working as a team? Are we? tounge_o.gif

Yes, we are and THE BLOODY CFGMOVESMC TAKES AGES TO FECKIN MAKE!!!

<rant over>

All this for a bat?

PS:

Mig, I BET you can't make a goat!!1 Remember, goats = satan.

First screenies smile_o.gif

bat.jpg

bat2.jpg

Only one major bug: The damn footprints and footsteps sound. We have dfined the bat as human. Anyone knows how to remove those?

Quote[/b] ]cant u just replace it with the seagull? that thing was boring anyway

To quote myself:

Quote[/b] ]OFP doesn't let you define new seagull type units, I'm afraid. I couldn't even change the model of the original seagull in the core config without a CTD.
Quote[/b] ] The damn footprints and footsteps sound. Anyone knows how to remove those?

I believe this should remove the footsteps sound:

soundEnabled=false;

That would be defined in the animation class config. I could be wrong though.

Alternatively, you could define the bat as some sort of aircraft, and make it truly "fly" around. However, your method looks like it works surprisingly well.

PS:

Mig, I BET you can't make a goat!!1 Remember, goats = satan.

BAH! THat's Christianity's fault! Stupid christianity! Keeps messing things up! BAAaaah!

Cool, all we need now is a gothic castle addon..... tounge_o.gif

Glad to hear you finally got "The weapon" working, sorry i couldnt be of more help with the config though sad_o.gif