Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Vampires/Undead Pack Beta Release

bite.JPG

DOWNLOAD  (1.85 mb)

Attention all nerds! smile_o.gif For all you fantasy fans out there, I'm releasing a beta of my vampires and undead pack. I've been working on this addon for a while now. I was making it specially for Kueter's upcoming campaign "Disciples vs the Undead", but progress is slow, and I figured others might have some fun with it. Plus maybe I'll be able to play a mission using these guys. biggrin_o.gif

The vampires all use BIS civillian models, but are HEAVILY scripted. They can run up to you and slash at you; they can leap through the air; they can throw fireballs; they run really fast; and they can throw cars at you. You can give them weapons, and they will forget the hand-to-hand attacks, but they will retain all their other abilites. There are a number of different vampires, which take from 5-15 or so M16 rounds to kill.

There are skeletons, which use a model by Wizzywig, and act similar to vampires, only without as many special abilities. Also, there are hellhounds; fiery hounds that burn enemies nearby. They use Teacup's animated dog model. All the units are playable, too!

Also included are a few special weapons: a fireball, an exploding head, and holywater. Holywater only damages the units in this addon, and doesn't hurt anyone else in it's radius.

Last, but not least, I've included some various spells, with many different effects. The current spell list:

Float

Teleport

Armor

Shockwave

Slow

Heal

Magic Missle

Fire Rain

Holy Strike

Here are some kinda crappy screenshots:

Holy strike spell

Vamp attack

Incoming!

Hellhound

View the README for more information.

Please try out the units and let me know what you think. I've included 2 sample missions to get you right into the action; one where you play against the vampires, one where you play as them. I've tried to make editing with the units as easy as possible, but first READ THE README before using the units. Unfortunately, at this time, the units are most likely NOT mp compatable.

Future Improvements:

Throwable wooden stakes

More spells

MP compatability (anybody got advise?)

New vampire abilities

Vampire bite attack (the screenshot above is still a work in progress)

More custom animations (having trouble with configs right now. :crazy:Help welcome)

New vampire models/textures (if I can get help)

Let me know what else you think would be cool

Special thanks to...

Wizzywig and Teacup

-For letting me use their models

Kueter

-For testing, giving feedback, advice and ideas

BIS

-Great game guys

My Mother

-Because everyone has to thank their mother somewhere, sometime biggrin_o.gif

Awesome! Downloading now tounge_o.gif

Something else to try my shotguns out on wink_o.gif

bloody amazing this is great

i cant wait to use this with philcommando new city island

SF strike team inserted by helo in city center then outa nowhere fireballs hit the chopper and the SF Team rope out quickly the zombies and vampires come runnin down the streets pickin up cars and throwin at ya, sweet biggrin_o.gif

This sounds really good !

downloading now wink_o.gif

I like your ideas for the campain biggrin_o.gif only which side do i play biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Good job there barron!..sure is a significant breakthrough in scripts and addon concepts u used and i am sure it can be duplicated for other forms of battles.

Lol! if this creative mood continues, i guess BIS are gonna have to reprint more ofp 1 cds to meet the demand as more are migrating to ofp1 engine....never seen so many unbelieveable & amazing talents in a game b4! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

OMG! this is sooooo good!

the armies of the dead are rules nogova now! biggrin_o.gif

General Barron ...

that vampire pack was hilariously cool! thanks!

BTW.. i was wondering, is there a way to make a normal Attack dog addon for both west/east/res units?

i kind of would like the same effect how the dogs leap at and attack it's victims (minus the fire and stuff)

thanks.

Vampires and Hellhounds??? Nice biggrin_o.gif

Are you going to retexture Teacups hound?

PS:

That Iskeleton.paa file looks similar to one in the zombie mod... tounge_o.gif

hi this sounds like a cool mod so i put it togheter with the zombie pack in a mod folder but al i got was a pop up saying dx8 required when trying to start ofp tounge_o.gif

really freaky, and then i tried to remove your mod from the mod folder where i had the zombie stuff then the sounds ingame disapeared totally rock.gif

no sounds even though i raised volume everywhere and so on

then when i removed the zombie mod folder from my desktop shortcut sound was back at normal biggrin_o.gif i don't got a clue why it happend because i got direct x 9.0 c. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BTW.. i was wondering, is there a way to make a normal Attack dog addon for both west/east/res units?

i kind of would like the same effect how the dogs leap at and attack it's victims (minus the fire and stuff)

Yeah, I could look into that. It sounds like Teacup is releasing an updated dog soon, so perhaps I'll talk to him about making an 'attack dog' for it.

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to retexture Teacups hound?

I'm planning on it. However, I'm having trouble retexturing things, because I seem to be unable to properly convert it to the right format (I get alpha where I don't want it, etc). I guess I'll have to do some searches here...

Quote[/b] ]PS:

That Iskeleton.paa file looks similar to one in the zombie mod...

Lol.... I forgot I used that from you guys! Sorry for not asking permission. :P The scripts, however, are totally my own, although obviously some are going to be similar to yours, since they do similar things.

Quote[/b] ]...all i got was a pop up saying dx8 required when trying to start ofp...

Hmm.... no idea what's going on here. If anyone else has this problem, please let me know.

You know that Mig's made a priest model, yeah? See zombie mod thread.

That would go lovely with the vampires..

Shit, I'm gonna start making a coffin model! Vampires and zombies... bout feckin time!!!

Who's gonna do a werewolf? smile_o.gif

I'll pop over to the zombie thread and check it out. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Who's gonna do a werewolf?

Actually, Monilith from the Disciples squad is working on a werewolf model. smile_o.gif

The scripting is very well done, you dont even have to use out of game scripting. smile_o.gif Very easy and intinuitve(?).

Wow.....

Very cool work...

I like that addon so much i build my next mission with it.

And a + point is that it is easy to build the units in own missions, just one gamelogic and its done. Good job.

I hang my head in shame tounge_o.gif I ran from battle like a coward when my team were dead in < 2mins biggrin_o.gif

A quick change to the Bas M.gunner made for a more balanced fight biggrin_o.gif

After playing those demo missions it was clear straight away how good your script work is Great Job.

I haven't had any of those problems and Another battle field for OFP is a good thing! ghostface.gif

Just for something else if you get time? maybe make the civils have a bloody face? like that other mod? Im not sure if you can just swap face textures or if it worked on a health system?

Couldn't just stick with the common folklore, had to mix in a little dragon ball z, but thats okay. He's a tough fight. I began thinking of a good opponent for him and i thought of what a good vampire hunter would look like. So like, it'd be cool to have a vampire hunter with like, a shotgun, or some really rare pistol, and an oldies car like the one black baron made that is red and has that really bad@$$ sounding engine inside of it. It looks like an old 1960s pontiac or chevy or something. That and the new nightstalker shotguns. It just sounds right, because vampires come out at night so you use a nightstalker shotgun. Then you email me for some cinematic sound files and you're ready. I'm doing something else at the moment so i can't like....do that and this too but if any of you just need minor help like sound scripting n stuff, soundtrack, music then hit me up. On the bottom here is a few tabs and one is for email.