Sign in to follow this  
hula

Honesty is Everything

Currently there is in my opinion a dire need for some absolute clarification on OFP2.

I say this because there are several disconcerting factors regarding the title.

We have a date given as spring 2006 by Codemasters and yet another given by amazon.

There's the report of possible takeover by Ubisoft of Codemasters that some say is happening and some say is just rumour.

The nature of OFP2 is reported to have changed and rumours are going round that BIS are in trouble over certain aspects.

Only BIS or someone from Codemasters concerned with the title can truthfully settle these 'concerns' so this is a direct appeal for a definitive statement on OFP2.

I am a moderator over at www.ofpdepot.com and have emailed Bohemia in the hope of information, news, a possible interview etc but have never heard a thing back.

I think the fans have at least a right to know a little something even if it is a confession that states 'all isn't going to well, please bear with us'

Our site is currently on hold for the moment as we re-design its' layout. We launched when we did because we wanted to build everything up as we headed towards the date we all originally expected. Quite frankly were a bit disillusioned of late. What is the point of offering the community an OFP2 site so soon when the bombshell that is the new release date is thrown at us all.

Disheartened.

Hula.

Have a look toward the end of this thread for miker_CLO's post. He's Codies and states that OFP2 has been delayed and that the Codemasters sale is false information. That's the statement which has been reflected at the Codemasters forum and it's up to us to believe or approach with skepticism. Either way we have the officially released answer.

I'm gonna close this, as we already have another thread asking for clarification. BIS reads everything here and I'm sure they'd be happy to tell us what's going on but have a very good reason for not doing so.

And yes, I'm as much in the dark as you are and crave the exact same information, but right now it's a matter of patience more than anything else. All will be revealed in due time.