Sign in to follow this  
VerySolidSnake

Game of the Year graphic glitches

Hmm tried the new drivers, and there is improvement!

Menu now loads.. BUT.. it takes around 90 seconds from starting the game for the menu to appear..

When I do start a game it's VERY slow initially, and seems to stutter all the time. Much much worse than my 9800Pro (and my Geforce4!!)

Could I have something else set wrong?

Hmm tried the new drivers, and there is improvement!

Menu now loads.. BUT.. it takes around 90 seconds from starting the game for the menu to appear..

When I do start a game it's VERY slow initially, and seems to stutter all the time. Much much worse than my 9800Pro (and my Geforce4!!)

Could I have something else set wrong?

Hmm, i'm not sure what could be the problem. My game runs smoother than it did with my previous card (GF 5900 Ultra), but not much.

It's possible that you don't have enough RAM, but if the game ran better on your previous system then it must be something else. Try lowering the terrain detail to normal, and your view distance to 1500m.

bingo problem solved, i could've sworn I had the latest drivers, but this definitly fixed it. Thanks guys!

"Latest" is always relative! biggrin_o.gif

You may want to monitor places like Guru3D for driver updates, both news and downloads. The latest beta ForceWare drivers currently available there are V66.00, and they are supposed to be both extremely fast and stable. Quake3 users for instance are reporting framerate gains of up to 20% with their 6xxx series cards.