Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

Where Are You From

I am 38 and raising a 16 year old daughter, divorced and originally from New York City before recently moving to Orlando Florida because of a job offer to do what i love and had been doing as a hobby the last 3 years.

I spent 6 years in the US Army as a field artilleryman and also went to Airborne school. I made a total of 25 jumps during my 6 years.

I worked for 10 years at the World Trade Center and was there for both the '93 bombing and on 9/11 (the worst day of my life) and would not wish that experience on anyone. OFP actually became a means to vent the anger i was feeling after that day.

I hate people who think they know it all or think they are better than other people (it just shows how truly ignorant they are) or try to push their beliefs on others.

Raising a teenager alone is a huge task but i wouldnt trade it for anything. She is my light and my reason for being and the source of motivation i needed to get my life back in order after 9/11 made a shambles of it.

And I thought I was old biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Never knew you were working at the WTC.

A day like 9/11 certainly changed your life.

And I thought I was old  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Neither did I.

This is a nice and interesting topic.

I'm a 28 year Norwegian IT-technician.

I live in a small town called Ski (30km south of Oslo).

I was born in Oslo, but two year later my parents moved to Ĺs. Now I live in Ski. I work as a tech in a computerstore in Ski. Been working there for 7 years now. Before that I served my year in the airforce. I've had 3 Newfs over the years (2 with my parents and one on my own). Always been a dog-lover, and always been very fond of the cuddly bear-like races which you don't hurt your back when hugging them (Newfoundlands, Saint Bernards etc).

I don't like cats and plan on buying a sound supressor for my HK MK23 to deal with that biggrin_o.gif

After my last dog had to be put to sleep and said to myself I needed a hobby to take my mind of the large gap that dog left, so I started handgun-shooting at the local handgun-club.

I had a Browning Buckmark .22 (sold it to a girl at work who I shoot with), I still have a Beretta 92FS and a Heckler & Koch Mark23.

Going to give IPSC a try next year, so a new handgun is planned (prolly a CZ ST IPSC or a Tanfoglio of some kind).

Still single so if anyone knows Buffy Tyler, tell her I'm available wink_o.gif

(...)

I had a Browning Buckmark .22 (sold it to a girl at work who I shoot with) (...)

I need help... I actually thought it said "sold it to a girl at work whim I shot with it" crazy_o.gif

And I thought I was old  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Neither did I.

This is a nice and interesting topic.

I think i am the oldest to post in this thread so far sad_o.gif

Tonight im getting a new motherboard and 512mb of DDR ram for it. I hope when i do this it cures my OFP update problems. Tomorrow i am getting my cable internet service (the hurricane cancelled last weekends appointment) and then i will join you guys on sunday for some CIA co-op's. I can't wait biggrin_o.gif

Ok, this is exhibit #xy... here we go... wink_o.gif

'My name is Frank...'

-- 'Hi Frank!'

'... and I'm a 25 year old mechanical engineer aspirant from good ol' Germany, at the moment intern at WABCO automotives. I'm going to finish my diploma studies next year just to start Ph.D. studies... wow_o.gif'

'I'm looking forward to OFP2 and I'm still waiting for a Linux version to add OFP to UT2k4, Flightgear, ET etc. in my games submenu on my desktop biggrin_o.gif'

I'm Dutch, 17 years of age and I live in the lovely little town of Landgraaf. I still go to school but I hope to finish it next year.

In my spare time I build 3d models and textures for them for our beloved game  smile_o.gif .

However, although most of my projects are nearly done I lose interest in my projects and then I won't finish them for some reason. This leaves a lot of unfinished projects on my HD, some of which might be interesting for other modders.

Ah well, maybe I'll throw them on the internet  wink_o.gif

I don't have a frickin' clue what to do after I finish school, not even what direction to go to (Computer science, Economics, Science , etc etc). I already threw the idea of the army away considering I'm a bit thin and light and stuff like that smile_o.gif

PS I spend about half of my spare time going to these forums and checking for new stuff etc. However I almost never post since I usually don't have anything valuable to add. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] However I almost never post since I usually don't have anything valuable to add.

I wish more people would be like that icon_rolleyes.gif

wink_o.gif

I'm 16 and from  southern Germany and I improve my skills with Weapons by shooting my neighbours cats

biggrin_o.gif .

if you need a sponsor for your bullets then please tell me!

Oh that would be cool. biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

- 25 years

- from western Germany

- on the verge of finishing my studies (history/applied lingustics/economics)

-garden party on 28th August. if anyone from nearby wants to pop in pm me for details. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] However I almost never post since I usually don't have anything valuable to add.

I wish more people would be like that icon_rolleyes.gif

wink_o.gif

Why don't you follow his example? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

...i'l be short   smile_o.gif

- nick: Radnik as Worker

- years: in September 24

- town: Belgrade

- economic state of country:    wow_o.gif

- school: 2nd year of college for High Computer Technologies

- yes to girls no to wife

...i  bought PC cose OFP

Don't want to be too judgemental, but it sounds like someone watches too much anime!

Do you mean me? Cause im not completly sure what Anime is?

STGN

Anime is Japanese or other Asian art/ comics

Not quite.

Anime is Japanese or other Asian Animation

Looks like my brain went kinda slow.

Magna is the comics, Anime is the animation.

I was looking for a comic while writing that, actually  biggrin_o.gif

Isn't it manga instead of magna?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh stop it! crazy_o.gif

Don't want to be too judgemental, but it sounds like someone watches too much anime!

Do you mean me? Cause im not completly sure what Anime is?

STGN

Anime is Japanese or other Asian art/ comics

Not quite.

Anime is Japanese or other Asian Animation

Looks like my brain went kinda slow.

Magna is the comics, Anime is the animation.

I was looking for a comic while writing that, actually  biggrin_o.gif

Isn't it manga instead of magna?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh stop it! crazy_o.gif

STOP WHAAAAAT??? crazy_o.gif

im 19 and was born in scotland though im moving to japan permently very soon smile_o.gif  , (mum was scottish dad is japanese)

Holy shit, am i the only one that almost wrote down a book about my life?

god-fucking-damnit!!!

Holy shit, am i the only one that almost wrote down a book about my life?

god-fucking-damnit!!!

I didnt write a book, although maybe a novella tounge_o.gif

My name is Mark,

I'm 17, turning 18 in November.

I live in Salem Massachusetts...where all them crazy gothic wack-jobs live (witches).

I actually lived next to Gallows Hill, where the witches were killed back in the day.

I played OFP from the day it came out to now. (I was pretty young and did'nt have internet or anything)until I was finally able to find some web sites like ofp.info and ofpec.com.

Salem MASS is'nt really an interesting place to be. Unless you happen to be close by.