Sign in to follow this  
Badassdom

military photography

Here are some pics of me and my buddy, BumRush.

Shoot and Scoot

I'm the one squating.

Time Out

I'm the one on the left.

A Little Humour

I call this one. "Two Big Foots Sighting"

Me

a.k.a. MilitiaSniper

BumRush and Me

I'm the one on the left.

Black and White

In a swamp. Waiting For pickup.

Just thought I would share some personal photos.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

Depends..? On how you are gonna use it?

I didn't post the pictures to brag.

Or anyone feel sorry for me.

Everyday I live my life.

For my wife and kid.

And try... To live right by God!

Please show what you are doing with the picture/s.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

Some pictures I took during an exhibition of the German Ministry of Defense and the "Bundeswehr" in August '04.

fennek_01.jpg

Fennek...

dingo1_03.jpg

Dingo1...

dingo2_01.jpg

Dingo2...

tiger_02.jpg

UHT "Tiger"...

idz_02.jpg

"IDZ" equipment...

You can find much more pictures in this forum...Plastikkram.de.

Greetz

Plage

Yes, in Berlin on the areal of the ministry. This exhibition is taking place each year since 2002. It's open to the public and the entrance is free.

Greetz

Plage

Awesome photo's and links TSC Plage! Thanks:) Especially for the tiger pix...

What is the story about, will you translate it?

Sorry, but I can't be bothered to translate the text in full. I'm at work you see biggrin_o.gif

However, the article is about a fisherman trying to catch catfish with a net in one of the local fjords. At 200 meters depth he caught this instead. A professor and head of the board of our aquarium is stunned because of the mutant fish' ability to survive despite the two abnormal fins. It's currently kept in the aquarium where it might reach an age of around 20 to 30 years.

What is the story about, will you translate it?

Sorry, but I can't be bothered to translate the text in full. I'm at work you see  biggrin_o.gif

However, the article is about a fisherman trying to catch catfish with a net in one of the local fjords. At 200 meters depth he caught this instead. A professor and head of the board of our aquarium is stunned because of the mutant fish' ability to survive despite the two abnormal fins. It's currently kept in the aquarium where it might reach an age of around 20 to 30 years.

They should breed with it

gotta love freaks of nature!

cool, i thought it was a big bullet type thing not a arrowy thing, anyone know is theres a war head in that tip?

To follow the post that pointed to World War 1 pictures in color here is another grea link in my opinion to a site showing World War Two pictures

aba.jpg

[im]http://www.ww2incolor.com/gallery/albums/germans/wehrmacht42.jpg[/img]>100kb

Wermacht

rommel_1.jpg

Guess Who

stalingrad.jpg

Stalingrad

p004588.jpg

abn.jpg

http://www.ww2incolor.com/

To quote the author of the site:

"While a picture may be worth a thousand words, it is the colored ones that bring us one step closer to the reality of this historic point in time."

Couldn't agree more.The colored pictures add a new dimension to the war,attracting ever more people to be intrested in both World War 1 and World War 2,who were in the past reluctant to discover it,because of it's unfriendly black and white footage.

As for me I've always been a World War two addict since childhood,even if there was no footage at all.Call me old fashioned but I was always more satisfied by a good read rather then a mediocre Discovery documentary squeezed in 30 minutes.

A mention is despatches is roughly equivalent to a US Bronze Star, IIRC. Looks like your grandfather saw some interesting places.

The Cheshires were usually machine gun battalions, right? I remember reading about one of their battalions attached to the 50th Northumbrian Division and they were the ones providing the bulk of the Vickers guns in the division.