Sign in to follow this  
Badassdom

military photography

i couldn't find any topic about this so i made one as i like pics of military stuff, it doesn't really matter if you took the pics yourself as long as it isn't proffesional promo stuff

Please tell whats on the photo's you post

010_08A.JPG

Dutch Airborne troops with cougar heli's droping off jeeps

Is this a thread of photo's we have taken ourselves? If so then I have some:

RNZAF Orion dropping sonar bouy

OrionDrop1lo.jpg

Orion lands with a NZ Army MISTRAL Launcher in the foreground on point duty

Orion_Mistral.jpg

Orion Flyover

OrionFlyPast2lo.jpg

Hercules landing

Hercules1.jpg

NZ Army security detail with C-130 in background

Soldier6.jpg

French Air Force C-235

CASA_235.jpg

Sweet! This thread will be great.

Can I put in a request for any swedes to post pics of the CV-90? Its my favourite...

the-shadow: The pic of the Leopard 2A4 has great DOF! Well done smile_o.gif

The artillary peices above look very modern. Are they top of the line?

RNZAF 757 landing

757_2lo.jpg

RNZN Seasprite Helicopter

SeaSprite.jpg

@Killagee

first, thanks for the comments about the pic smile_o.gif

and 2nd, the guns are from the mid - late 70ies so no, they are not very modern, the ones on the pic isnt even nato standard (as the Later FH77B is (the pic show FH77A)

thies guns will be modernized in a few years so they look like this

the FH77A is today only used for training as the ammunition is for free (that means already paid for) and the gun isn´t in active duty anymore (other then training pupouse as i said, cheaper to use up the ammunition then to dissasamble it))

oh, and a note.. These pics are taken with a bad cam, thats why i made some of them Black & white ;)

Do pics of military stuff from airshows etc count or does it have to be from in the field etc?

I have plenty of pics from RIAT and I just got my scanner working again after a long time without it so I'm eager to post some.

Edit- included some pics to show you what I mean:

F_117_1s.jpg

F_117_2s.jpg

F_117_3s.jpg

F-117 Nighthawk taken at RIAT '97 at RAF Fairford. They were towing it back to a hanger for overnight storage between the 2 days of the show when someone parked a Ford Transit minibus in the way, giving plenty of opertunities for a nice close up look.

Couple more:

F-117 on the static display, some hours prior to the incident with the minibus:

F_117_4s.jpg

F_117_5s.jpg

B-2 Spirit taking off shortly after landing for the first time in the UK, an amazing sight the first time you see it.

B2.jpg

Czech Mil Mi-24 Hind:

Mi24.jpg

USAF MH-53 Pavelow III:

PaveLowIII.jpg

Royal Navy Seaking/Commando:

SeaKing.jpg

My scanner sucks, thank God I've progressed to using a digital camera in the years it took me to try and make it work. biggrin_o.gif

Pics from my days as a conscript in the Danish army. I served as a combat medic in an Armored infantry squad.

pic87.jpg

Im the one waving and shouting, our right flank was about to be attacked and i was apparently the only one seeing that lol.

pic21.jpg

Our M113 G3 (the one in the middle with the dent....We got it like that!! tounge_o.gif)

pic100.jpg

Leopard 2 A5

pic101.jpg

Thats me trying to look badass.... rock.giftounge_o.gif

PLRSniper: Those pics are great! Love the concussion ring...

da12thmonkey: I'm so jealous.. I would give anything to get to RIAT sad_o.gif Many thousands of miles away for me sad_o.gif Great shots.

For your info killagee the latter KSP was overheated in the end resulting in rounds going off without pulling the trigger!

It's really fun actually but not so safe...  smile_o.gif

Here is some other not as COOL pictures  rock.gif

Blast door

About to blast a door during exercise.   (Already blasted several times before)

Target shooting

Me shooting at targets 100 meters range using a G3A3 "Carl Gustav"

Russian.jpg

"Russian night",   Me and my army buddies got to most of the Soviet armament from 1945 up til now...

The dude under the red arrow is me smile_o.gif

EDIT: Removed large pictures and made links instead! Forgot that forum rule...

thanx for great photos, but if they are over 102,400kb, we prefer to have links to the pictures instead of directly linking them as you do now.

please adjust accordingly.

I might make a gallery for the rest of my pics, there are quite a lot and I don't really want to fill this thread with my crap, on the other hand it'll take some work to do...

Anyhow, here's a couple more in the meantime:

Apache1.jpg

Apache2.jpg

AH-64 Apaches, the first one is Dutch IIRC and was taken at RAF Cosford, the second is US Army and taken at Fairford.

Dakota.jpg

A pair of DC-3s.

F15E.jpg

F-15E Strike Eagle

Mig21.jpg

Czech Mig-21 with one of the nicest camouflage schemes I've seen, not sure how practical it is though.

TMk10.jpg

RAF Harrier T.Mk.10

Taken by my grandfasha in Korea...

Him + M38A1

1kor1-med.jpg

3x M38A1, 2x M37, 6x M211

1kor2-med.jpg

8x M211

1kor3-med.jpg

Some pictures from the Miramar Airshow...

[ig]http://www.tacticalblunder.com/g503/data/507/1HPIM0993-med.JPG[/img]>100kb

[ig]http://www.tacticalblunder.com/g503/data/507/1HPIM0989-med.JPG[/img]>100kb

[ig]http://www.tacticalblunder.com/g503/data/507/1HPIM0985-med.JPG[/img]>100kb

Some from Camp Pendleton...

My 1967 M151A1 with M60 machinegun, and a friend's very late model M151A2, plus a ridiculously large yet oh-so-damn-cool howitzer.

1Hpim2261.jpg

M60 Silhouette

1HPIM2266.JPG

Another pic... and no that's not my pickup :P

[ig]http://www.tacticalblunder.com/g503/data/530/1Hpim2211.jpg[/img]>100kb

Taking about big guns:

xm_109_1.jpg

xm_109_2.jpg

Quote[/b] ]For some long-range sniper missions, a .50 caliber (12.7mm) round just isn’t big enough. The Barrett company, which pioneered the development of the modern .50 caliber sniper rifle, has now built a 25mm sniper rifle (although shoulder cannon may be a more precise term), the XM109. Ten prototype weapons are being made available for testing this month. Designed to destroy light armor, the XM109 is a semi-automatic 25mm rifle that has a 17.6 inch long barrel and an overall length of 46 inches. It weighs in at 46 pounds and has a 5 round magazine. In comparison, the Barrett M107 .50 caliber sniper rifle in general use today has a 29 inch barrel, overall length of 57 inches, and weighs in at a mere 32 pounds, with a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

A spiked bipod is included to steady the XM109 for firing and it has a standard M1319 accessory rail for scopes and other accessories. Barrett will either sell a complete rifle or supply upgrade kits to convert the M107 .50 sniper rifle over to the 25mm configuration, replacing the bolt, upper receiver, and magazine.

To complement this “rifle†is a computerized sight called the BORS (Barrett Optical Ranging Sighting System). BORS is specifically designed for long-range shooting at 1,000 meters and longer distances, measuring and compensating for air pressure, temperature, and the angle of the weapon in relation to the target. Precisely compensating for all these factors and successfully hitting the target on the first shot is possible, but difficult. BORS is designed to take all the sweat-math work out of first-round shots, leaving the operator with simply dialing in the distance to target, selecting the ammunition type, and putting the cross-hairs on the target. Future versions of BORS will incorporate a rangefinder, and night vision capability.

Effective distance armor piercing “lethality†for the rifle is listed at 2000 meters. The 25mm round is derivative design from the AH-64 Apache helicopter’s M789 high-explosive dual purpose (good against armor and personnel) 30mm ammunition and will penetrate at least 50 millimeters of armor plating, making it capable of destroying light armored vehicles, SCUD launchers, and other equipment. According to the ammunition manufacturer, the 25mm round is 2.5 times more effective at destroying targets than a .50 caliber armor-piercing round. At some point the system will also be integrated to use 25mm airburst ammunition designed for the OCWS.

One drawback to the weapon is the heavy recoil of the round. Barrett is working on reducing the recoil. Finally, a company slide describes the weapon as a “payload rifle†and also alludes to the ability to remove the muzzle break and replace it with a sound suppressor. – Doug Mohney

Addon makers ? biggrin_o.gif

And the V-22 Osprey in action:

osprey1.jpg

osprey3.jpg

I just don´t trust those VTOL vehicles wink_o.gif

Hey Blackdog, are you really driving around on the streets with a M60 mounted on your Mutt? wow_o.gif

blackdog watch your filesizes please, you can't afford another warning level and numerous people have in the past received warning level increases for posting images over 100kb when they know that's not allowed.

Posted most of these before in the photography thread but they fit here as well.

LAV-25 Coyote:

D-DayAPC.jpg

D-DayAPCMemorial.jpg

The much maligned Iltis:

D-DayParade1.jpg

Sherman (M4A3?):

D-DayParade2.jpg

Sherman.jpg

M24 Chaffee:

Chaffee.jpg

blackdog watch your filesizes please, you can't afford another warning level and numerous people have in the past received warning level increases for posting images over 100kb when they know that's not allowed.

Sorry for any huge inconveniences I caused to anyone still using two cups and a string or a 14.4k modem to browse/read/actively participate in these already slow forums... crazy_o.gif

Therefore, I will just stay in my thread which serves pretty much the same purpose as this one.

Some pics taken during Radom Airshow '01 (static only, i had no "long" enough zoom to take some inflight ones sad_o.gif

show.jpg

show003.jpg

show005.jpg

show008.jpg

show009.jpg

And "historical military"

TKS.jpg

The only one existing in Europe (as far as i know) polish small tank TK/TKS in Military Museum in Beograd.

I just spotted This in another forum, and I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, although it looks like it came right out of an Austin Powers movie....but can anyone confirm wether it's real or not? And if it is, what the hell is it, other than the designer's obvious need to compensate for some personal inadequacies?