Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

AVP *spoiler*

Well, while the idea sounds fantastic, it was done horribly.

Quite boring if you ask me. They needed more fighting, and less -Lord of the Rings run around everywhere for 1 hour and 30 minutes-

The fight scenes were good. But there was never much of it anywhere in the 1 hour and 30 minutes you are sitting down watching a group of people run around aimlessly.

The end was quite predictable, like a Godzilla movie that never seemed to have a sequel. Sadly.

It just lacked something I would have interest in. Not to mention the slogan "whoever wins, we lose" is quite fake. Knowing the Predators team up with the human towards the end and kill Alieans together.

I personally would have chose a better story line. THe Egyptian pyramid stuff was cool. But having the entire movie take place in a pyramid, is quite boring. I wanted to see some carnage in the streets, in the Jungles, I wanted something more. Sadly it did'nt come.

If you are an Alieans or Predator fan, good for you. I personally don't know how the hell these movie directors manage to screw up an almost perfect sounding movie.

I had more fun watching the Titanic. (when the ship began sinking).

Overall this is not a movie I rcommend seeing unless your bored with your buds.

When a movie takes 10 years to go from initial work to completion, you can expect crap.

I was looking forward to this until I found out it was PG13 - no good movie was ever PG13. crazy_o.gif

The AvP games were good, i havent seen the film, but they shoulda based it more on that kinda thing (remote windswept outposts on far away colonies ect)

I would have liked to hear about more technology. It's like if you look at the alien movies all you see is technology, then you look at the predator movies all you see is like modern day but the predator is a hunting. I don't see the two movies as able to cohabit one another in the first place unless you are really creative. They couldn't have the alien get loose in America or any other country because that would ruin the whole alien timeline to where they first discover it through Ripley's team of space miners in the far future. They could have put the predator in the future along with the alien timeline though, and thats what i would have liked to see. I also thought it would have colonial marines. I knew it'd be crap. Thanks for confirming.

Hrrmhmm, if it does turn out to be crap I am very disappointed,

though my feelings are nothing compared to my friend who has been an absolute AvP fanatic for years. crazy_o.gif

The PG-13 does not bode well...it seems a bit too...clean. Ah well, I'll be optimistic, it can't be a complete trainwreck with this premise and what I have seen from the trailers.

There is not one swear word.

You could rate this G if the Alieans were replaced with Teletubbies.  I personally would have loved that.

The only 2 things making this PG 13, is

1. Alieans and Predators are, one, ugly, mother F*ckers.

And scare little kids.

2.  Alot of green blood.  We don't see a hint of human blood.  Not to mention the blood seems to glow, like Halo covenant stuff going on.

The movie just lacks interest.  The good parts don't even happen as soon as it should. Not to mention it's very short.

But I wont hesitate to say, the Predators and Alieans looked awsome, and were presented and introduced to the movie real good.

I just wanted more chaos.  More action.

Also, when watching the movie, the title reads Alieans vs Predator.  Yet, when you are watching it, it's like Alieans vs Humands, and Humans vs Predators.

Not to mention the new Resident Evil movie previews almost made me gag.

What are they DOING!?!?!?

They could have made Resident Evil the perfect, most scary movie ever made.

Yet they decide to dress some chick up in a hot suit, have choppers and explosions blowing the merry hell out of everything, and making it into an action movie.

What the hell is going on?  Same shit with Freddy Vs. Jason.

People are doing it wrong.  WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I will stick with John Carpenters "The Thing", mixed with some exorcist, and some The Ring, and I'm all set.

Horror movies are pathetic.  And I don't think there is one person who disagrees.

We don't need any of this Man in a Ghost mask with a knife, running around aimlessly.

What happened to all the classic Ghost movies, like Poltergeist?  What happened to what we fear most NOT being made into movies?  Like Demons and stuff?

What happened to movies about the unexplained?

Where, what, who, when, but most importantly, why?

I seriously hope I can become a writer and movie director when I get older, because these shit screenplay/directors/writers need to be shown what a real horror movie is all about.

i knew it was going to be crap. no USCM's, just a bunch of dumbass scientists. and the story is very lame. i mean it took them 10 years for them to come up w/ this? i could pull something out of the blue and it would be better.

Not to mention the new Resident Evil movie previews almost made me gag.

What are they DOING!?!?!?

They could have made Resident Evil the perfect, most scary movie ever made.

Yet they decide to dress some chick up in a hot suit, have choppers and explosions blowing the merry hell out of everything, and making it into an action movie.

What the hell is going on?  Same shit with Freddy Vs. Jason.

People are doing it wrong.  WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I will stick with John Carpenters "The Thing", mixed with some exorcist, and some The Ring, and I'm all set.

Horror movies are pathetic.  And I don't think there is one person who disagrees.

We don't need any of this Man in a Ghost mask with a knife, running around aimlessly.

What happened to all the classic Ghost movies, like Poltergeist?  What happened to what we fear most NOT being made into movies?  Like Demons and stuff?

What happened to movies about the unexplained?

Where, what, who, when, but most importantly, why?

I seriously hope I can become a writer and movie director when I get older, because these shit screenplay/directors/writers need to be shown what a real horror movie is all about.

yep it was the same w/ House of the Dead. could have been a really really good movie, but they made it into something really retarded. the last real good horror movie was Evil Dead Bruce Cambell vs the Army of Darkness, though it was more comedy than horror, it was still pretty good.

Not horror but one of the last great sci fi movies ive seen is like uhhh, terminator 3. Very, very good movie. The ending was very good. Before that it was ghost in the shell.

i don't know if anybody noticed, but the same clown who directed Resident Evil (Paul Anderson) is exactly who directed AvP. its such a shame to see one greatest movie franchise get trashed w/ this crap. if only Ridley Scott and James Cameron had directed it sad_o.gif the good news is at least the producer was kind enough to put this movie out right as Kill Bill vol 2 came out on DVD so movie fans will hopefully have their priorities set on what to spend their money on first smile_o.gif

if the Aliens were replaced with Teletubbies. I personally would have loved that.

AHEM.... rock.gifcrazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

And to think I was going to enjoy this.(not talking about Teletubbies btw) sad_o.gif

When a movie takes 10 years to go from initial work to completion, you can expect crap.

I was looking forward to this until I found out it was PG13 - no good movie was ever PG13. crazy_o.gif

Except "Red Dawn" tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

i don't know if anybody noticed, but the same clown who directed Resident Evil (Paul Anderson) is exactly who directed AvP. its such a shame to see one greatest movie franchise get trashed w/ this crap. if only  Ridley Scott and James Cameron had directed it sad_o.gif the good news is at least the producer was kind enough to put this movie out right as Kill Bill vol 2 came out on DVD so movie fans will hopefully have their priorities set on what to spend their money on first smile_o.gif

Not to mention the same guy that made Resident Evil is making a SILENT HILL movie now.

if he screws that movie up, I'll be so pissed off.

I'll lock myself in a dungeon.

And as for Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite movie writers of all time.

You just can't get any better than him. Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction were awsome. Now he's making a movie called Hero. Which also looks quite good.

I thought AvP was a pretty good movie myself.

About the no USMC but all Scientists.. That's kinda expected since they are travelling to a pyramid, not exploring a hostile Alien planet ghostface.gif

But I do agree on the not enough action, all though the scenes where the Predator and Alien's fought were amazing wow_o.gif

Overall, I'm not dissapointed,

I'm glad I went to see it. 'Cause in my view, it was a good movie smile_o.gif

Why do movie execs. love Paul Anderson to do movies based on games? I mean Resident Evil was okay popcorn flick but destroyed the whole storyline of the game. It seems he likes to take little things from a game (RE), or comic/book (AvP) and mash it together with a lot of new things. I guess he likes loosely-based on movies... biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, went to see Collateral on thursday and was good movie (a little slow in the beginning).  Next movie to see .... AvP or I, Robot .... sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Except "Red Dawn"

Exactly what I was going to say.

I work at a movie theater so not only did I see it for free I saw it when we were testing it the night before it came out. I thought it was okay but could've been better.

When it got to the point where the girl and the predator were alone after the huge blast another employee behind me yells out "If they kiss im leaving" thought that was kind of funny.

About the no USMC but all Scientists..

They were the USCM in Aliens...US Colonial Marines. ghostface.gif

They were the ultimate badasses...I would so like to see them again. sad_o.gif

I also noticed when you see the silouette of the Predator running it almost looks like Ricky Williams (Rb from the Dolphins)

lol