Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Mini Barret Idea

it is not a hard gun to make all you have to do is EDIT a M82 smile_o.gif

The damn thing shoots 25mm rounds.

Edited wink_o.gif

I could definetly need one of those anti material sniper rifles to shoot at the "Family Frost" anoying van from my balcony, that stupid irritating music is driving me mad crazy_o.gif .

Oh... yes it would also be a good addon...

25mm, but it's power is no more than that of the barret .50. The rifle is designed to take the OCSW 25mm explosive AP ammo. When using this amo the penatrating power of this rifle is much better than the baret .50, but the ammo doesn't excist yet. Also the recoil is still too high according to the US military.

Note the very large muzzle-brake? It deflects the gasses backwards to help reduce recoil. THe muzzlebreak on this rifle is actually so effective that when it's placed on the barret .50, the recoil machanism won't work (which means it won't reload itself, effectifly making it a fancy bolt action rifle).

Note that on the background you see a soldier firing the rifle with a 'silencer' attached to the rifle. Not a very good idea. Since the muzzlebreak is what keeps you shoulder from breaking apart, I wouldn't want to fire the rifle without it.

[edit]

ok the ammo seems to excist now (cool!);

Quote[/b] ]Effective distance armor piercing “lethality†for the rifle is listed at 2000 meters. The 25mm round is derivative design from the AH-64 Apache helicopter’s M789 high-explosive dual purpose (good against armor and personnel) 30mm ammunition and will penetrate at least 50 millimeters of armor plating, making it capable of destroying light armored vehicles, SCUD launchers, and other equipment. According to the ammunition manufacturer, the 25mm round is 2.5 times more effective at destroying targets than a .50 caliber armor-piercing round. At some point the system will also be integrated to use 25mm airburst ammunition designed for the OCWS.

but the recoil seems to be unfixed. I still wonder how they can keep the recoil the same without the muzzlebreak;

Quote[/b] ]One drawback to the weapon is the heavy recoil of the round. Barrett is working on reducing the recoil. Finally, a company slide describes the weapon as a “payload rifle†and also alludes to the ability to remove the muzzle break and replace it with a sound suppressor

It would actually take two, or three ammo types. HEAPI-T, HE-Frag ( Air Burst ), and possibly Thermobaric anti-personnel.

And it would probably be equipped with a fire control sight system.

Compared to the FN 40mm High-Impulse Weapon System, recoil is manageable, and comparatively, relatively light.

With the replacement of the 20mm OICW XM-29 proposal, by the 25mm XM-25, it's difficult to say what part Barret's Payload Rifle would play at the squad level. It's quite a heavy weapon, so long range patrols would be precluded, unless support vehicles were attached. But it would probably be able to provide a serious anti-material, support weapon, bunker-defeat weapon, as well as a counter-sniper capability.