Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Something really Nasty!

This is being built concurrently alongside the PT Boat.

I know the PT Boat will have limited appeal, and seeing my interest in Vietnam goes back to 1970, and there are a number of Nam maps out there with waterways, I thought this might be interesting for a few people.

ptf3.jpg

Nasty page at Utopia Site

edit:

Meant to add. This addon will have a lot more firepower than depicted in the pics.

Klink's Official forum

This is an addon that many will appreciate, especially in the Vietnam OFP theaters

Great work as usual Klink... seems sea borne things are your speciality... wink_o.gif

hey Col, that looks great!!! Some countries are using that to counter the pirates in modern days, espacially now that there is an US led international initiative to combat sea terrorism to keep the sea lanes safe. Great job as usual wink_o.gif

Looking wonderful  smile_o.gif

What kind of boat is it? (Dunno if i missed it or you didn't type it  tounge_o.gif )

Edit: Aha, "Nasty" Class...silly me tounge_o.gif

Looking wonderful  smile_o.gif

What kind of boat is it? (Dunno if i missed it or you didn't type it  tounge_o.gif )

Edit: Aha, "Nasty" Class...silly me  tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif I put a coupla clues smile_o.gif

it looks really cool biggrin_o.gif will this have a bofors? or something else

How are the AI at using all that firepower?

Its an awful lot, thats the kind of armament you'd expect on a 75ft ship

sweetnes a bofors to shoot down some choopers with YAY biggrin_o.gif

great work so far klink smile_o.gif

How are the AI at using all that firepower?

Its an awful lot, thats the kind of armament you'd expect on a 75ft ship

Ai will attack anything that flies (except the seagulls smile_o.gif ).

I'm testing this against helicopters, prop and jet aircraft. The noise is damned near unbearable when 3 Oerlikons, a bofors and a M60 all fire at once.

The Nasty class patrol boats were 80 feet long and yes they did carry this sort of firepower. Some Nasty's had 40mm bofors fore and aft,as well as a .50 cal with under grenade launcher in front of the foredeck gun, 20mm cannon on either side of the main structure, tube mounting points for m60s as well as the crew's personal weapons.. smile_o.gif I can imagine that they would have been formidablle.. not bad for a wooden boat.

The noise is damned near unbearable when 3 Oerlikons, a bofors and a M60 all fire at once. ....... / .... not bad for a wooden boat.

LOL .... sounds like a bad combination ....... all the wood mounting should be cracked up with a decent barrage !! biggrin_o.gif

Gnat @ Aug. 16 2004,13:25)]
The noise is damned near unbearable when 3 Oerlikons, a bofors and a M60 all fire at once. .......   /  .... not bad for a wooden boat.

LOL .... sounds like a bad combination ....... all the wood mounting should be cracked up with a decent barrage !! biggrin_o.gif

yeah that came to my head to biggrin_o.gif

oh i cant wait, its looking very nasty  tounge_o.gif  (in a good way)

how do you get the AI on the other guns? say if it was empty

Sorry Klink I meant 75m not foot but point taken, a super gucci blower up of things.

Will it bombard the shore? What are the engagement distances of the 40mm against surface targets?

Sorry Klink I meant 75m not foot but point taken, a super gucci blower up of things.

Will it bombard the shore? What are the engagement distances of the 40mm against surface targets?

and what about surface to air? rock.gif

I take it... That it will come with "John Kerry" addon?

Oh wait... "John Kerry" wasn't in Vietnam but only for, 4 months.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

but he got 3 purple hearts LOL jibjab.com watch and u will laugh, i wish john kerry came wiwth this so i could.... but anyways this ship is awesome and i cant wait for its release, great job klink.

oh i cant wait, its looking very nasty  tounge_o.gif  (in a good way)

how do you get the AI on the other guns? say if it was empty

Shhh! I'm here incognito (Password fouled up) smile_o.gif

at the moment moveingunner etc is not an option as the gun positions are created at run time. However if an empty PT/F boat is placed on a map (preferably in the water smile_o.gif ) the player can order men/women? in his/her group to get into specific gun positions. This is I know not satisfactory for everyone, however it does work and empy pt/f boats can be placed on the map and can be used.