Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Hep hunter , I'm doing a new config with your mod !! wink_o.gif

It'll be ready in 2 hours, I've replaced all BIS soldiers and Weapons by DRF ,hyakushi , edge, WGL , INQ weapon pack smile_o.gif

but I need just your permission to publicate it smile_o.gif

Hey

Sorry if this is a noob question but I also can not get this to work. I am running OFP Game Of The Year Edition and it doesnt seem to have this 'FlashpointBeta.exe' that you change the target in, there is only 'OperationFlashpoint.exe' and 'FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe'. I tried changing the target in the game of the year exe files but it says the file is invalid.

Any ideas? sad_o.gif

Nemesis6, you wouldn't be able to let me have a decripted version of your Bin by any chance so I can merge it with my configuration? its for my personal use, not as good as Pappy's but I use units of my choice.

I'm allso working on a winter version of it.

I haven't downloaded your yet, I'll do that now, so I may find that you included a decripted Bin in the download like Golmember used to do? biggrin_o.gif

Thanks in advance.

@CERO.

A decrypted version is in the mod folder. You're more than welcome to use it.

paulsgruff - I guess it's kind of my fault. You should only add the -mod=FlashFX to the shortcut of the exe file you're using. Flashpointbeta.exe is the name of the new exe file in the newer patches.

This is what the Target line should look like -

(Drive and OFP directory here)\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -mod=FlashFX

This is just to clear it up, don't remove anything before \FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE

Hep hunter , I'm doing a new config with your mod !! wink_o.gif

It'll be ready in 2 hours, I've replaced all BIS soldiers and Weapons by DRF ,hyakushi , edge, WGL , INQ weapon pack smile_o.gif

but I need just your permission to publicate it smile_o.gif

It's Nemesis6's, not mine wink_o.gif

Well, there have been a few reports saying it doesn't work with FDF... But then again, a few only.

Well, there have been a few reports saying it doesn't work with FDF... But then again, a few only.

All mods which are modifying main game config are always incompatible with each other.

Then those reports(from Flashpoint.ru) has been either misinterpreted or wrong.

FDF, WGL, CSLA (without RIP), ECP, EECP, and Y2K3 will not work with these effects.

Well, too bad...

Anyway, these are the changes in 1.1

* Backblast from helicopter missiles when launched.

* MG effects improved - Smoke, bullet-cartridges are ejected, and a flash much like the one in BF1942.

* Burning debris from ground-vehicles (Tanks and APCs)

hep Nemesis I've tried to contact you by pm , but it doesn't work because I've a hugh lag crazy_o.gif ; Please man believe me, I really need your config for the beautiful fuel station explosions... sad_o.gif ; but I need your permission to change tanks explosions by GMR one, but I'll keep the big smoke after the explosion wink_o.gif ; and I need to change the red colour behind behaviour missiles...I'll change BIS US soldiers by Hyakushi's ones , BIS russian soldiers by DRF ones , BIS resistance units by edge's ones, I'll use a new script for blood...(like in Soldier of fortune tounge_o.gif ) But for all this I need your permission...

I'll do this config for low computers like mine ...because those people can't use EECP config or Pappy's config...

Waiting your answer man !

take care

Thanks. But I need some suggestions for the next version. Here's what's on the current agenda -

* Making the mod as MP-compatible as possible.

That's all I can really think of... :-/

Well I've DLed it and looking it over, my sugesstion is the use of the random chopper damage scripts commonly use on DKMs and BAs helos. As well as updated tail rotor failure effect. Its overlooked in all the other config mods. Noticed the Blackhawks had a fair number of flight system failures when damaged. Like rudder control failure, More annoying when your using other choppers like the hind and it lacks such features. Like in the CLSA how you can lose an engine on a chopper or fixed winged aircraft and trail smoke or actually flames depending how severe your hit.

Ok Ok!!!

I must be stupid now.

I've done everything I'm suspose to do.

But I'm getting a "cannot memory o.pbo."

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

If you're getting a "cannot map memory o.pbo" then you need to update to 1.96 and/or put -nomap in your shortcut.

I am using 1.96

Im just stupid.

I dont get it.

I guess I'll just give up?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

I never did get chance to try this sad_o.gif I have a vacation day tomorrow so maybe then smile_o.gif

Edit: For the sake of this thread I've deleted the "French Civil War", we of course have a record of it.

What do you mean by damage scripts? I have tried the BAS choppers, and I do not seem to have noticed such scripts... do you perhaps mean the Exhaust/exhaust sparks and stuff? If so, sounds like a good idea.

I noticed on a number of missions I used the BAS UH60 series blackhawks taking them into HOT LZs. Several times I lost flight controls when I took a fair amount of damage. The rudder and most of the cyclic leaving me only with up or down. till losing the aircraft period to enemy ground fire.

I will look into this. However, this is mainly an effects mod, so I don't know if changing the advantage/disadvantages of the player is good or not.

On a side note - I'm adding the BAS_FX (Exhaust and damage scripts) to all choppers. I am almost done, I just need to adapt the positioning to the HIND and the Kamov.

EDIT: It's finished now(Exhaust and damage effects) - It'll be added in the next version

About loosing control of the chopper - I can't find any script like that...

I noticed on a number of missions I used the BAS UH60 series blackhawks taking them into HOT LZs. Several times I lost flight controls when I took a fair amount of damage. The rudder and most of the cyclic leaving me only with up or down. till losing the aircraft period to enemy ground fire.

Isn't that good?

When a chopper is shot up, it is bound to become less controlable...

Is der any Chance to use these Scripts without editing the ofp main files. just activate in the init line of a unit ? and putting the sripts in the mission folder ?

but great work