Sign in to follow this  
The Real Armstrong

Soldiers: Heroes of WWII

Anybody has this excellent game? Not very fun in SP but MP is loads of fun. Too bad there's no in-game browser untill the MP patch that is gonna be released so you have to search on IRC. sad_o.gif

The game itself is a RTS/Action sort of game. Reminds a bit of Commandos. Published by Codemasters, so you'll know it's quality allright. wink_o.gif

Come in #showw2 and we'll play! smile_o.gif

Is physics that make my momma cry a good thing or a bad thing? tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I saw the E3 videos and I have been thinking about getting it, do you know if it is out in Sweden/Other parts of Europe yet?

I've got the game and the patch for it. I liked the physics, the gameplay, etc. Two words: a good World War two game smile_o.gif

I have it to and i will say i love it. But it has a bug wich i am running all the time where one of my soldiers frezzes and i can't use him. I think i am just gonna wait for the next path before i play it again.

Yes a nice game. Family bought it for me. Apart from the odd crash its very good. Looking forward to the official map editor etc.. and the patch to stop the odd niggly bit.

Quote[/b] ]But it has a bug wich i am running all the time where one of my soldiers frezzes and i can't use him.

Press End and then the arrows (you know-Left,Right,Up,Down). Thus you can drive cars and, erm, walk soldiers (nicely said). It will help you move the soldier out of the place where he's stuck.

Quote[/b] ]But it has a bug wich i am running all the time where one of my soldiers frezzes and i can't use him.

Press End and then the arrows (you know-Left,Right,Up,Down). Thus you can drive cars and, erm, walk soldiers (nicely said). It will help you move the soldier out of the place where he's stuck.

Ok, i will try it when i come home. By the way on wich server is the irc channel on ?

To fix the freeze bug:

Simply take another soldier, select melee attack and bang the freezed guy in the head. Now he's playable again! smile_o.gif

The offical Soldiers channels are:

#showw2 @ quakenet (like everything else)

and

#showw2.match @ quakenet

You can also check out:

http://www.vap3r.com/showw2find/index.php

Until the MP patch come out.

Cya there! smile_o.gif

Read the review in Swedish PC Gamer today, went to Stockholm and bought it. Installing it now biggrin_o.gif

Wow! Since I got the install done I have been playing this game almost nonstop! The direct control feature is just awesome and adds alot to the gameplay!

But I am stuck in two campaigns:

The British one, first mission. I have disabled the first light, scuttled the patrolboat, but I can't figure out how to reach the second searchlight in time. AND I always get blasted by cannons and such.

The American one, second mission. I hate missions where you have to kill EVERY enemy, it is so 1990's.

Brittish 1st: Land on the beach. Stealth is adviced but not required. Take out all units so they cant take the patrol boat. Destroy the searchlight. Take the patrol boat. Fire the torpedoes at the searchlight boat. Tadaa!

EDIT: Oh and yank 2nd, lol. Hmmm, which map is that... THe tank one? rock.gif

Your'e supposed to clear out Nimeijgen (sp?) before the allied main force can enter the town. I've been running around for 30 minutes trying to find the last few Germans. Had the same problem in the first Soviet mission too, but I found the only still living German after 15 minutes.

Oh, Nijmegen. Lovley mission. Really easy too. Use your riflers to take out windows and your MG/SMGs to cover your riflers. You having problems with a specific building? Grab some TNT or nades and blow it up. You should have no problem finding the last enemy, look for red dots on map. If you are running a Fog of War mod, then I advise you to disable it on this map.

played the map "Minefields" yesterday evening in MP

hell we've got 2 Shermans and we destroyed a King Tiger with those Shermans j/K

both Shermans were destroyed within 2 shots sad_o.gif f*** the 88mm

Oh, Nijmegen. Lovley mission. Really easy too. Use your riflers to take out windows and your MG/SMGs to cover your riflers. You having problems with a specific building? Grab some TNT or nades and blow it up. You should have no problem finding the last enemy, look for red dots on map. If you are running a Fog of War mod, then I advise you to disable it on this map.

Damn, forgot the overview map. Cheers, tack, grazie, gracias etc. etc.

Finding last enemy soldiers in this game is easy smile_o.gif Just use the map (it's in the right bottom corner).

just got the game form the video rental and will look into it this evening while i have some czech budweiser, bad weather forces me to do this biggrin_o.gif

88s are easy. Take a Sherman, load up with HE. Drive, shoot, back, reload, drive, shoot, back, reload, 1, 2, communicate, a-ha. smile_o.gif

well, not the FLAK, i mean the eightyeight gun of the King Tiger... its blowing of everything in its way

ivew got the game i love it im on the 4 mission on the brit campaign and that sherman mission is hard i cant do it mad_o.gif

I abandoned my Shermans in the minefield mission, in favour for busted up but repaired German Jagdpanzers and Panzers (can't remind the no.)

Very good game, I really like the "Project America" campaign. Gives me a H&D feel. And I simply HAVE to praise the direct control system again, wow. Tank missions are loads of fun!

VERY nice game tounge_o.gif My favourite 3 things are:

#1 Being able to disable tanks/heavy vehicles by shooting off tracks or destroying wheels E.g: Got a tiger comming towards your sherman? blow its tracks off then get out of sight, send an engineer soldier and make him put some tnt behind it and boom. biggrin_o.gif

#2 Destroying any buildings. Got a sniper in a church tower picking off you men? no problem, destroy the tower with a tank or AT launcher.

#3 Direct control feature. With this you can control you vehicles E.g: Control a willys jeep and drive around with the arrow keys or get in a tank and use the mouse to aim the gun (same with soldiers). biggrin_o.gif