Sign in to follow this  
walker

The Iraq thread 4

How is starting an illegal war (attacking a sovereign country) over false reasons (WMD's, immediate danger of nuclear strikes etc.) the "right thing to do", Duke? I know you mean to say that soldiers do their duty no matter how wrong the commander-in-chief is, but don't you think this is derogatory? Don't you think that by saying something like this, you reduce the men and women of the army to simple tools (as in instruments, not idiots)?

Politics can go to Hell. No matter what, we support our troops. smile_o.gif

Saddam needed to get out of there.

Bush gave him enough time.

He excepted our retarded UN people to inspect his weapons etc.

BUT, He never showed us proof that he got rid of them.

He would never let the inspectors in a certain few areas.

This war is something we should have finished in The first Gulf War.

The thing Bush concentrated on in the Invasion this time was, least damage to the Civilian areas, by taking out targets and being precise.

In the first Gulf War, we destroyed every bridge, every major building even thought to house the iraqi forces or anything they used. There are many ways we should have done different in this war. But, no matter how wrong people say Bush is, no matter how much people hate us. I don't care. No matter what, We will stand behind our men and women in uniform serving. These are just things People will learn in every War.

The UN for all I care can go straight to Hell. smile_o.gif

I agree with supporting the troops...by bringing them home.

We obviously learned nothing from Vietnam. Who would have thought that after the blatant waste of lives in Vietnam we would again invade a country over bullshit and get a lot of good people killed over a bunch of LIES.

President Bush's invasion of Iraq was a blatant misuse of American forces and waste of lives.

Wanna support the troops? Stop voting war-mongering, lying, manipulative, spineless idiots into public office. Vote for people who are only going to send American forces to war as a last resort. Afghanistan yes. Iraq NO.

What does Bush know about honor and service? He hid out in the Texas Air National Guard snorting cocaine and flying a plane (that's when he even bothered to report for duty) that was outphased. He hid there along with 9 members of the Dallas Cowboys. Creedence Clearwater's song "Fortunate Son" comes to mind.

VP Cheney received multiple draft deferrments to keep his spineless ass out of serving in Vietnam. When questioned about this his response was "I had better things to do..." Oh really Cheney? You fucking dick.

It might be an all-volunteer Army. But most of the grunts are recruited from poor neighborhoods all across America. I was a recruiter and recruiters intentionally seek out young, naive, non-politically minded people to serve in the military. The more intelligent you are...the more options you have in life...there is less of a chance that you would consider military service and hardly any chance that a military recruiter is going to waste his or her time trying to recruit you. We know the statistics. Recruiters can look over at the recruiter next to them and see how successful they are and their bonuses they get by focusing on certain demographics with regards to potential recruits. The recruiters making all the money and driving brand new cars are the ones who have no problem preying on any village idiot out there. They go to the malls and find young kids with hardly a prayer to save their ass working at some kiosk selling sunglasses and get them pumped up on the military. Recruiters also lie their asses off "Ah pick this MOS and chances are you won't go to Iraq" Bullshit. Everyone with a pulse is going to Iraq even if you're a COOK. Yes, there are cooks out there running around with M-16's on patrol.

This war is created by rich, spineless, cowards and fought by the young, naive, and poor kids of America.

That was basically an insult to our Men and women in service, Thanks Kerry Wannabe. What was Kerry? On a fucking Patrol boat going up river when the dumbfuck released his own grenade pin too late, causing a self inflicted wound in which he received a purple heart. Oh wow some god given warrior he was. he wasnt shit. He even insulted the troops, and barely apologized for it. Our Military isnt made up of just "idiots" as you say. We have many young people that simply believe in our Flag and choose to serve because they feel they are doing something to give back for the Freedom and Rights they are given. Don't even try to pull that lame shit. I don't care if you were a Recruiter. I'm going in the Army, and no I'm not just some idiot that had a low paying job and didn't know what I want to do. I work for the State I live in. I went to College for 1 year. I graduated High School with high honors. That doesn't mean I want something "better" to choose instead of the Military. I simply love my Country and I love what it stands for. Therefore I'm going to follow in my Familys footsteps and serve, Like the 0ther 11 people in my family have.

Oh before I forget about this one.

You say we havn't learned nothing from Vietnam? Wow you are smart. Do we still send in GI's for everything? Do we still rely on ALL MANPOWER like we used to? NO. Our forces use one hell of alot more different techniques in warfare today then they used to. We've learned alot of things from Vietnam, we've also learned many things from this one. If we leave now, then it WILL be another Vietnam, as of right now the way our Media is running things because our Govt allows it, we may just see that again sometime. Vietnam very well could have been won if Politics didn't start caring only about the God almighty dollar they were making off of it. Who ever came up with the rule "Don't shoot unless directly fired upon" for fuck sakes that caused alone many of our casualties in the past. If we let the Politics get too involved in this War, the same shit will happen. We won't be able to fight it the way in which we wanted. Face it, politics are as crooked as they come, every President is in one way or another. I can just picture it now leaving Iraq, "What the hell did I lose my loved one for, just so we can leave again like we did in Vietnam?!?" will be the average response. I'd hate to see half the people here in Charge. Another thing to look at, look at the amount of terrorists caught and documents found since 9/11, and the Invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. They have stopped numerous attacks from occuring. Would they have been stopped and crushed if we hadn't taken action? No. We'd probably still be hurting. I can't even believe the idiots that thought We shouldn't invade Afghanistan, after the 9/11 Attacks. Yeah, shows how much people care anymore about the Red, White & Blue. *Yawns* Boring. icon_rolleyes.gif

That was basically an insult to our Men and women in service, Thanks Kerry Wannabe. What was Kerry? On a fucking Patrol boat going up river when the dumbfuck released his own grenade pin too late, causing a self inflicted wound in which he received a purple heart. Oh wow some god given warrior he was. he wasnt shit. He even insulted the troops, and barely apologized for it. Our Military isnt made up of just "idiots" as you say. We have many young people that simply believe in our Flag and choose to serve because they feel they are doing something to give back for the Freedom and Rights they are given. Don't even try to pull that lame shit. I don't care if you were a Recruiter. I'm going in the Army, and no I'm not just some idiot that had a low paying job and didn't know what I want to do. I work for the State I live in. I went to College for 1 year. I graduated High School with high honors. That doesn't mean I want something "better" to choose instead of the Military. I simply love my Country and I love what it stands for. Therefore I'm going to follow in my Familys footsteps and serve, Like the 0ther 11 people in my family have.

You say we havn't learned nothing from Vietnam? Wow you are smart. Do we still send in GI's for everything? Do we still rely on ALL MANPOWER like we used to? NO. Our forces use one hell of alot more different techniques in warfare today then they used to. We've learned alot of things from Vietnam, we've also learned many things from this one. If we leave now, then it WILL be another Vietnam, as of right now the way our Media is running things because our Govt allows it, we may just see that again sometime. Vietnam very well could have been won if Politics didn't start caring only about the God almighty dollar they were making off of it. Who ever came up with the rule "Don't shoot unless directly fired upon" for fuck sakes that caused alone many of our casualties in the past. If we let the Politics get too involved in this War, the same shit will happen. We won't be able to fight it the way in which we wanted. Face it, politics are as crooked as they come, every President is in one way or another. I can just picture it now leaving Iraq, "What the hell did I lose my loved one for, just so we can leave again like we did in Vietnam?!?" will be the average response. I'd hate to see half the people here in Charge. Another thing to look at, look at the amount of terrorists caught and documents found since 9/11, and the Invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. They have stopped numerous attacks from occuring. Would they have been stopped and crushed if we hadn't taken action? No. We'd probably still be hurting. I can't even believe the idiots that thought We shouldn't invade Afghanistan, after the 9/11 Attacks. Yeah, shows how much people care anymore about the Red, White & Blue. *Yawns* Boring. icon_rolleyes.gif

I truly applaud your ability to turn single paragraphs into intellectual trainwrecks. From Iraq to bashing some has-been "opposition" member in 0.1 seconds flat.. just classic. rofl.gif

And don't think that "I will serve and so did my grandfather rah rah rah"-thing will impress anybody on this forum.

Do I care if it does? Absolutely not. I could care less what anybody thinks about me. I simply love my country unlike many people, and I'd serve it. smile_o.gif

The thing that is sad though, many people don't appreciate what they are given, because of soldiers serving for their freedoms. icon_rolleyes.gif

Do I care if it does? Absolutely not. I could care less what anybody thinks about me. I simply love my country unlike many people, and I'd serve it. smile_o.gif

Then why keep making such bold and self-serving proclamations?

And you can actually be a patriot and be capable of admitting that one's country's goverment can be wrong or even outright evil.

Quote[/b] ]

The thing that is sad though, many people don't appreciate what they are given, because of soldiers serving for their freedoms. icon_rolleyes.gif

Soldiers merely enforce the will of the state. Once they stop doing that they stop being soldiers and become insurgents/terrorists/freedom fighers/rebels (pick one) and I am quite certain ANY goverment is capable of the most horrific deeds known to man.

Soldiers are merely the reason this country has its freedoms. Our freedom has always come at a price. And most likely always will. I'd like to see the people that don't appreciate it, go live in a country that has very little, and/or under a man like Saddam's rule, then come back here and see what way of life they rather live under. wink_o.gif

Dont you just love the "fight for Freedom and Rights" and "what our country stands for" bs talk? I mean.. if you are interested in a military career go for it but atleast find a better excuse other than these over used, childish brainwash lines...

The Iraq thread means Iraq, not Afghanistan... and the reasons for, results, excuses and outcomes of this war are pathetic and were even.. predictable.

Everyone afected by this war (directly or not) are suffering for nothing! but the dilusions of a psycopath. Not for freedom, not for the cheese burger, not for anyones rights. Iraq is the new vietnam of this milenio but this time "comunism spread" is not the excuse, another fuck up to add to the growing list, something for future generations to look into and feel bad, sorry and even embarassed about.

Soldiers are merely the reason this country has its freedoms. Our freedom has always come at a price. And most likely always will. I'd like to see the people that don't appreciate it, go live in a country that has very little, and/or under a man like Saddam's rule, then come back here and see what way of life they rather live under. wink_o.gif

You made it sound like there is a global conspiracy to invade your country, nobody wants to take your greesy cheese burger away kid and if other countries piss on your flag then you should consider adopting less agressive, intrusive, manipulative and self interesting foreign policies..

Nobody wants to take any of it away from us? ha, you're almost funny. *Yawns* You bore me. Jelousy of the US gets nobody anyplace. I could care less if anyone dislikes us. icon_rolleyes.gif

"Us", You the speaker for everyone now? if so, I'm Sorry. rofl.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif Like I really give a shit.

Hi

I have never visited the United States of America but I read much about it and am actually quite interested in what exact freedoms and rights they have over there which I don't have over here, which I would need?

I'm just curious, please educate me. The Yankees advertise their freedoms and rights so much that I feel like it is a responsibility for me to find out what all the talks are about. This far in my life no one has been stopping me from doing anything I have ever wanted to do but if there is more then let me know please.

Best Wishes,

Baddo.

Duke,

At least Kerry was there. He never claimed himself to be a "God given warrior" as you stated. As far as how he was injured in Vietnam, I don't care about that. At least he was there in harm's way unlike those chickenshits Bush and Cheney.

Kerry didn't insult the troops. Only someone with an IQ of 10 would think that. But Bush insulted the troops and the American people when he used Kerry's botched joke on Bush to try to make everyone think that Kerry insulted the troops. You obviously fell for it.

There's a political cartoon somewhere that shows a couple of soldiers in Iraq saying "Better to be insulted by a botched-joke than a botched-war" or something to that effect.

It's amazing that Kerry's Vietnam war record bothers you more than Bush's hiding out in the National Guard and Cheney's 5 draft deferments to keep him out of Vietnam!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT??!?!?!?

As far as our military being made up of young people who "believe in the flag". What does believing in the flag mean exactly? And I'm sure that those Nazi prison guards believed in their flag too. So what you're saying about believing in the flag is mere bullshit. You don't believe in the flag anymore than you believe in the Golden Arches of Macdonald's.

Also, patriotism is the last refuge of a soundrel.

If you die in Iraq you're not dying for the flag. You're not dying for freedom. You're not dying for America. You're dying for a neoconservative agenda called the Project for the New American Century (google it P.N.A.C.) which is a plan of US global domination devised and implemented by Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Bush before they were even in office, and that's a pretty fucking lame thing to die for.

American soldiers have not died for true freedom since World War II. Every other conflict we have had since has been BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grenada...Panama...

You obviously don't know what freedom really is and where it is found.

The flag you cherish so much has been dragged through the mud by your neoconservative heroes in Washington. The fact that you don't recognize that tells me that you're not quite the patriotic American you are making yourself out to be.

True patriots stand up to injustice even against their own government...when there is a rollback on the ideals and visions America was founded upon true patriots rise up against it. You don't rise up, therefore your patriotism is a facade.

See I actually believe in America, what America is supposed to be about, unlike you who has blind faith in your leaders and your government. Well my government is NOT my country.

That's great you're going in the Army. But you're doing it because your whole family has served like mine. My grandfather served in WW2 in an M-10 Tank Destroyer and trained soldiers at Ft. Hood, Tx. My uncle was Huey pilot in Vietnam. My father was a LRRP in Vietnam. I went in because I felt it was a family tradition which is actually the wrong reason to join.

And no we haven't learned anything from Vietnam. And yes we send in GI's for everything. We sent them to Grenada in 1983 because of some landing strip the Russians were building. Yea it took over a week for the 82nd Airborne, Rangers, Special Forces, to overtake a bunch of Cuban construction workers and an 80 yr old woman with a shotgun. We invaded Panama in 1989, which was a blatant violation of international law, to take out Manuel Noriega who was in fact a rogue CIA agent still on the agency's payroll. Yep, because people in Los Angeles had a strong demand for COCAINE, we invade Panama and put their leader in an American jail because he was supplying cocaine. That's a great use of US Forces...I'm sure those Navy Seals that died storming that airfield didn't die in vain...they died to keep people in LA from getting high.

Techniques in warfare? Oh I'm so impressed. Our advanced techniques have really squashed the insurgency!!! We took on Japan, Germany, and Italy in WW2...we fought campaigns in the Pacific...North Africa..and Europe simultaneously....and the Iraq war is already taking longer than WW2 did with no end in sight!! What does THAT tell you. So much for everything we've learned eh? Some techniques we got!

Politics hasn't been involved in fighting the Iraq war on the ground. The US Military has had the freedom to wage the war on its own terms. Stalingrad...I mean Fallujah is a prime example of that.

As far as people asking why they lost their loved ones for if we leave Iraq...DUDE!!!....People are asking THAT NOW!!!! Why do you think the Republicans lost both houses of Congress. Wake UP.

What are our kids dying in Iraq for? Nothing. They are dying for nothing. Just like the guys who died in Vietnam for nothing.

I have no problem with the invasion of Afghanistan. It was the right thing to do. Most people don't have a problem with it. It's too bad we wasted so much of our energy and resources in a quagmire like Iraq when we should have focused everything on Afghanistan and capturing Osama bin Laden. As far as crushing people, the Taliban are making a comeback in case you've been asleep. Afghanistan is completely unstable.

Our invasion of Iraq has turned the country into a terrorist haven. The whole region can turn into shit at a moment's notice. Thanks to Bush, our country even more at risk now than ever before. So much for a war on terror. Borat was right....it's a War OF Terror.

Instead of yawning you should be baaaaaa'ing?

Grenada, was a joke. Along with Panama. Vietnam, we shouldnt have been there. Korea, both the 1950's and the 70's, were to help prevent the spread of communism when, we should have been more worried about the Soviet union in which today we laugh at. You choose to believe things in which you only hear Anti-Govt believers say or do, and the Internet. Bush might have been in the National Guard, so what? I don't care. Yeah maybe he didnt want to go overseas. I don't like that fact, but I also can't stand Kerry. That motherfucker DID IN FACT INSULT THE TROOPS AND HE EVEN ADMITTED IT. whistle.gif

You can believe in what you want, But, Soldiers that serve their Country, the Majority know they are fighting for what they believe in, and dying doing their duties and Jobs. There is a small percentage that are against it. Why would you enlist if you don't want believe in what's going on, when you know the 75/100 chance you're going to Iraq? If you ask me, Anyone who joins the Army, but yet hates whats going on, is a fucking moron. If you enlist in the Army, You know what you're up against. You know what your Duty is. Either accept it and suck it up and ride along, or drop out like a fucking idiot.

Oh, and who was it that said We havn't been directly attacked since Pearl Harbor? That's a lie, you need a more in-depth education. Find information about the, "Battle for The Aleutian Islands".

Grenada, was a joke. Along with Panama. Vietnam, we shouldnt have been there. Korea, both the 1950's and the 70's, were to help prevent the spread of communism when, we should have been more worried about the Soviet union in which today we laugh at. You choose to believe things in which you only hear Anti-Govt believers say or do, and the Internet. Bush might have been in the National Guard, so what? I don't care. Yeah maybe he didnt want to go overseas. I don't like that fact, but I also can't stand Kerry. That motherfucker DID IN FACT INSULT THE TROOPS AND HE EVEN ADMITTED IT. whistle.gif

You can believe in what you want, But, Soldiers that serve their Country, the Majority know they are fighting for what they believe in, and dying doing their duties and Jobs. There is a small percentage that are against it. Why would you enlist if you don't want believe in what's going on, when you know the 75/100 chance you're going to Iraq? If you ask me, Anyone who joins the Army, but yet hates whats going on, is a fucking moron. If you enlist in the Army, You know what you're up against. You know what your Duty is. Either accept it and suck it up and ride along, or drop out like a fucking idiot.

Oh, and who was it that said We havn't been directly attacked since Pearl Harbor? That's a lie, you need a more in-depth education. Find information about the, "Battle for The Aleutian Islands".

So let me get this straight...

You have no problem with being sent to war, by someone who clearly got assigned because of his connections, to a unit of the Texas ANG, that was a unit of "fortunate sons" including 9 members...count em...9 members of the Dallas Cowboys football team, in order to avoid service in Vietnam, when thousands of his countrymen, many of them draftees, were being forced into uniform and shipped off to war?

Why would one unit of the Texas Air National Guard, have George Bush, and 9 members of the Dallas Cowboys in it?

You're ok with that? you think someone like that should be in charge of US armed forces? You think someone like that should be given the right to send people with families and futures into harm's way?

Personally, I wouldn't even want someone like that to be my boss if I worked at a fucking car wash much less in charge of my country and military.

Kerry didn't give himself the Purple Heart. The US Military did. All a soldier had to do to get a purple heart was get injured in a combat zone. It doesnt say really how to get injured...just injured. A lot of soldiers received purple hearts for minor wounds in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. It doesn't make them bad people and it shouldn't be used to demean or belittle their service. They don't make the rules with regards to the issuing of medals or citations.

Quote[/b] ]You can believe in what you want, But, Soldiers that serve their Country, the Majority know they are fighting for what they believe in

Blind patriotism is worse than anything else, I'm getting the slight impression that your watch stopped at the end of the second world war, since then "you" seem to have the tendency to repeat the same speech falling back into your old days to justify any your country's actions, or at least those having failed. (They are quite numereous).

Actually, I'm afraid there is no way to get out of Iraq without having uncle Sam suffering from heavy casualties, if your troops leave, Iraq will collapse into civil war, in the other case, things would certainly not get better and U.S. KIA (killed in action) stats would get higher every day.

If you want things to change, you had better change things. It requires that you will have to choose "smarter" people to govern your country the next time.

Regards,

TB

We all understand that you're a patriot, but that kind of attitude of "We're the best county in the world" is very annoying. Also, cursing, swearing and whatnot has got to stop. PR's and WL's have been given for less serious stuff. Shape up, or mods ship you out.

This goes for everyone.

I apologize for the cussing and swearing. smile_o.gif

As for the topic, I understand everything our Govt is not right.

I'm also not ok with Bush's Military record, if it's clearly correct.

John Kerry wasnt any better, self inflicting a wound, getting the Purple Heart, and bragging of it. Neithewr of the two, are complete Angels of any sort.

Whether it is the completely right cause or not, I was brought up patriotic, and loving my flag. Not everybody was, when I was a child, My mother simply said to all of us, "I raised you boys for the flag". My grandparents stated the same things to their children. Maybe it isn't something that many people agree with, but nobody is the same. We're all different. We all have different views. I'm from a long line of Military. So, When i see my country at a state of war or not, I'm still joining. Not for self dignity of just carrying on my Family Tradition, but for myself, as something that I've also always wanted to do.

Quote[/b] ]You choose to believe things in which you only hear Anti-Govt believers say or do and The Internet

Well that about does it for quote of the month.

Seriously duke,you are better material for the Daily Show then Fox News by far biggrin_o.gif

Duke, you say IF the US forces leave Iraq, it'll be another Vietnam. I must agree with you in the fact that Iraq is NOT Vietnam. It's way worse!!!

You say that the US could have won the war in Vietnam. I'd say: look, the US has suposedly won the war in Iraq... err... I mean... Saddam is gone... but can I congratulate you?

Your armed forces (and the brits, might I add... just that those culprits don't get away with it) didn't turn Iraq into something like Vietnam, you turned it into something worse than what Afghanistan was for the soviets!!! If you leave out the international forces, what's left fighting in Iraq won't be something like the iraqui "south-vietnamese" vs the iraqui "vietcommies", but indeed a people divided between two branches of the same religion fighting each other. Now, I must say you're lucky that they're fighting each other because otherwise the entire Iraq operation would have turned into a worse "80's Afghanistan" for the US forces than Afghanistan was for the Soviets.

Just face the reality that your armed forces just can't do anything about the current situation in Iraq just about as much as you can't wipe terrorism off the face of the earth once and for all, unlike we all would prefer. You've already filled too many casquets, and the only thing left for you to accomplish is to turn tails back home. Unless you want to turn Iraq into an american colony that is - because religious conflicts seem to last forever (the only exception being protestants vs catholics, thank God). So it's actually a good time to leave now, Saddam is dead, and I bet you're cheering about leaving another area safer and more stable for everyday life to continue with freedom and peace and happiness... icon_rolleyes.gif just by getting rid of a dictator. Sometimes that isn't something for the best, though (remember Yugoslavia, anyone?). Nobody can change the past, and you can't tell me how you're going to "win" in Iraq now, can you? goodnight.gif

Iraq is worse then Vietnam? lol. Yeah Ok.

Talk to some Vietnam Vets if you're so smart in that assumption.

Iraq is worse then the Soviets in Afghanistan? How?

What good could Russia possibly accomplish then and now? Rofl

rofl.gif