Sign in to follow this  
walker

The Iraq thread 4

Quote[/b] ]Quote (feersum.endjinn @ Dec. 30 2006,04:13)

BBC World is saying he's dead. Good riddance.

*Begins cheering*

Good. One less asshole tinpot dictator in the world....many more left to go.

Ok, I hope next punished-to-death dictator will be George Bush. 60,000 Iraqi civilians dead is a serious guilty for him to be judged by satrapy Hague tribunal.

Saddam's execution was irrelevant. It might close a chapter on the history of Iraq, but it will do little to address the problems the country currently faces.

But, meh... whistle.gif

If you read MSN news, Sunni's i think it was them, exploded a car bomb just after Saddam had died, they belive it to be a act of retaliation.

Also i give Saddam that he had balls, he didnt tremble and he went down with a straight face, second he didnt comit suicide like Hitler. goodnight.gif

Also Yeah damn good hes gone, but as ozanzac said, this is gonna stop all the problems in Iraq.

Indiference... he was done already for 3 years, was this necessary though? In a country devastated by another useless war an ex dictator was hanged, what a great acomplishment it is and a great diference it will make, this whole war was worth it afterall icon_rolleyes.gif .

One day George will die and people will feel about the same: "Another asshole responsible for the loss of thousands of lives died..too bad he was once born."

Nothing to celebrate and nothing to be happy about, in Iraq many people die everyday and will continue to do so.

Looking back i find this pathetic, the WMD's, the suicide bombings, the massacres, the war crimes, all the dead soldiers and the state this country is at. It really makes this execution look... pathetic and meaningless.

Now Saddam can wait for all of them in Hell rofl.gif

He smiles you can bet on that biggrin_o.gif

Indiference... he was done already for 3 years, was this necessary though? In a country devastated by another useless war an ex dictator was hanged, what a great acomplishment it is and a great diference it will make, this whole war was worth it afterall icon_rolleyes.gif .

One day George will die and people will feel about the same: "Another asshole responsible for the loss of thousands of lives died..too bad he was once born."

Nothing to celebrate and nothing to be happy about, in Iraq many people die everyday and will continue to do so.

Looking back i find this pathetic, the WMD's, the suicide bombings, the massacres, the war crimes, all the dead soldiers and the state this country is at. It really makes this execution look... pathetic and meaningless.

Well said.

It`s been 10 hours since Saddam died and Iraqis are still getting masacred.

It's clear the Iraqi government was inspired by our 1989 execution of Ceausescu.It was swift filmed and broadcast on television.But while Ceausescu bickered,yelled and shivered to the very end this time Saddam was the opposite

He actually had demenour and composure through the entire process.I was surprised to see how bravely he faced the noose.

And what the hell is it with dicators getting executed at the start of holidays? huh.gif

Hi all

Good Riddance to bad rubbish.

It is too late to have an impact on the growing civil war. Rumsfeld waisted that opportunity by not listening to the advice of the sacked Generals and putting in enough troops to do the job in time, in the first place.

Future Trials for War Crimes

I do think future trials could have an impact on peace in Iraq.

I would suggest as I did long ago in this thread.

If there was:

No WMD.

No link to 9/11.

No link between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

Then there was no legal reason for a preemptive strike.

It is now time for those trials of those responsible for at least 60,000 Iraqi deaths and over 3000 coalition troop deaths and the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and coalition troops and contractors who were wounded and maimed.

Despite being glad to see Saddam dead I do not agree with death sentences. I think in this case the sentences should affect those involved's family fortunes. I think that those involved should have those family fortunes so reduced as to force them to live in a housing/project (Council Flat in Tower Hamlets in the UK)

I believe that those political deciders and advisers involved in perpetrating wrongful intelligence upon us all in order to cause the war with Iraq must be brought to book.

I think the first person to be tried must be Donald Rumsfeld he was after all responsible for "The Office of Special Plans" the organisation that caused us to wrongfully go to war.

Kind Regards Walker

what did the world gain by killing him? a shitload of retaliation bombings and all that. saddam got away so easy. he should have been locked up for life with a daily spanking.

*Begins cheering*

Ok, I hope next punished-to-death dictator will be George Bush. 60,000 Iraqi civilians dead is a serious guilty for him to be judged by satrapy Hague tribunal.

Luckily the Hague tribunal doesn't have capital punishments. I think this execution just shows how silly executions are. It would have been best to keep him locked away forever - death is always the easy way out (I don't believe in an after life). But meh, I'm not unhappy about what happened to him I just find it very macabre how many people now react to it. I can't see how killing someone can be connected with joy, even when the person was hated. The fact alone that he "had" to be killed is a reason to think about what he did and that doesn't make me happy at all.

*Begins cheering*

60,000 mate? Actually, I've heard its more like 200,000 dead.

But regardless, he actually has committed warcrimes. According to the Geneva Convention, and what laws were stated in the Nuremburg War Trials of World War Two, George Bush committed the crime of invading a sovereign nation unprovoked. Believe it or not, its a warcrime. So I'd like to see him sent to the Hague, along with that bitch Rice, Cheney, and Rumsfeld, then all the Congressmen and women who voted for endorsing the Iraq war. They played just as large a role in it as anyone else.

But meh, I'm not unhappy about what happened to him I just find it very macabre how many people now react to it.

Indeed - the way people not affected by Saddam in any way are reacting is telling how little the society has changed in some respect. This is the equivalent of the medieval joy of public executions.

Saddam was deposed so the act of killing him had no practical value - he wasn't in the position of every hurting anybody again anyway. Had he been in power and done active harm, then sure. He was however harmless and would remain so.

I can understand his victims and their relatives wanting revenge - that's perfectly human. Society is however supposed to have gone beyond accepting moral equivalence and aspired to higher standards of morality. Apparently not as evidenced by the gloating people who have no personal motivation for revenge - they apparently just like revenge as a method in general.

Killing a convicted criminal is a moral issue. It is not a question of if the criminal deserved it or not, but if the society is willing to stoop so morally low that it kills people.

Now I to some extent understand the people that have been brainwashed by old testament (or equivalent) morality. I would not be surprised if somebody from Mississippi or Kabul was finding this event joyful.

I do however find it disturbing to find supposedly enlightened Europeans expressing their joy and approval over the meaningless killing of another human being.

I'm not sad about Saddam being dead, but I am sad about so many people finding joy in his killing.

Especially if those people have actually little knowledge on how the death sentence was applied in this case and what Saddam actually did to get him there. It´s just another gun-ho-computergame choir singing along some lines they think that are cool. Nobrainers.

Indeed - the way people not affected by Saddam in any way are reacting is telling how little the society has changed in some respect. This is the equivalent of the medieval joy of public executions.

If it was only people like Saddam that were executed nobody would even debating this.

Quote[/b] ]

Killing a convicted criminal is a moral issue. It is not a question of if the criminal deserved it or not, but if the society is willing to stoop so morally low that it kills people.

I dont think such society exists. I bet even the swedes would be ready to start killing if we decided to annex gotland as a part of greater Finland. tounge2.gif

He carried a koran and held it with him to the end, also demanded no face cover. I can't wait to see this video. Something I've wanted to see for a long time, Him stiff. smile_o.gif

huh.gif

You sick little fucker.

Tell that to the many families of those that were gassed. How would you like to see your kid die for something foolish, just because Saddam always had the "Show of Power". He experimented his weapons, on innocent lives. Tell me why he doesn't deserve death? I'll piss on that motherfucker's grave if I ever see it. Call me sick. I've no remorse.

Let me guess, your mother could get raped by one of his Henchman, and you'd still say keep him alive? Any of my family members ever got raped tortured and/or killed by a maniac I'll be damned if I'd allow that person to live. smile_o.gif

Well... there is some comfort to watch the bastard rot in a jail cell but you all have to remember that putting him behind bars would endanger the lives of the guards. it's not like some other crazy idiot would try to break him out.

but at any rate, woooooo! they done strung that ******* up! Next: Iran! I give it 30 days or so (Might have to make a new topic for Iran, even though the first attack seems like it would be a surprise).

but he can do it cos he's the self-proclaimed "world leader" and is immune to rules

I never said anything would happen to him, but he is guilty none the less wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif Good to know that this asshole is dead, end of story. Muqtada al Sadr Al is next. mad_o.gif

Tell that to the many families...

From what he quoted, I think Bordoy is commenting more on the fact you want to see the video, rather than the fact he was hanged, and I got to agree with him, International Arsehole or not, you'd have to be pretty screwed up to take pleasure in watching him die. But hey, whatever turns you on. thumbs-up.gif

Tell that to the many families...

From what he quoted, I think Bordoy is commenting more on the fact you want to see the video, rather than the fact he was hanged, and I got to agree with him, International Arsehole or not, you'd have to be pretty screwed up to take pleasure in watching him die. But hey, whatever turns you on. thumbs-up.gif

I saw enough horrific death in my time, especially with the execution videos of those American soldiers.

I want nothing to do with the Saddam execution videos. 'Nuff said.

That could be considered where it just came from. icon_rolleyes.gif

As for "screwed up". Nah, I just enjoy seeing done to those that have done MUCH worse to others. Saddam's Death doesn't bring one bit of guilt in me, nor would it Iran's leader, Bin laden, or any other terrorist leader. I think about the many innocent people he killed intentionally, and those that he tortured just for the sake that they didn't have the same views that he had. If there is one thing in this Country that the majority of Americans take for granted, it is the right to believe what you want, how you want, and the right to different opinions. Freedom of Speech. whistle.gif

nor would it Iran's leader,

Now what he has done beyond being an enormous pain in the ass?