Sign in to follow this  
walker

The Iraq thread 4

Albert and Miles, I'm just curious how you came to your posted conclusions, based on these lyrics:
Quote[/b] ]Hadji Girl

I was out in the sands of Iraq

And we were under attack

And I, well, I didn't know where to go.

And the first think I could see was

Everybody's favorite Burger King

So I threw open the door and I hit the floor.

Then suddenly to my surprise

I looked up and I saw her eyes

And I knew it was love at first sight.

And she said

Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

Hadji girl I can't understand what you're saying.

And she said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

Hadji girl I love you anyway.

Then she said that she wanted me to see.

She wanted me to meet her family

But I, well, I couldn't figure out how to say no.

Cause I don't speak Arabic.

So, she took me down an old dirt trail.

And she pulled up to a side shanty

And she threw open the door and I hit the floor.

Cause her brother and her father shouted

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

They pulled out their AKs so I could see

And they said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

So I grabbed her little sister and pulled her in front of me.

As the bullets began to fly

The blood sprayed from between her eyes

And then I laughed maniacally

Then I hid behind the TV

And I locked and loaded my M-16

And I blew those little f***ers to eternity.

And I said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

They should have known they were f***ing with a Marine

OH I know AL...yes the lyrics are SOOO funny!  Especially if you are Jewish, Christian or an Athiest.  Yes helarious.  I am just falling down laughing (yes I'm being sarcastic and don't believe that).  

If you bother to talk to most Muslims, they see such songs as ANYTHING but funny.  But if you hate Muslims, of coarse its helarious.

Maybe if I write a song like that but using a Jewish settler family and anti-Jewish deragatory language instead of a Muslim family and deragatory anti-Islamic language (along with a Palestinian Hamas militant replacing the Marine) you will also just laugh and we can all sing along together to the lyrics.  What fun!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Must be a team america fan whoever came up with the song..

Albert and Miles, I'm just curious how you came to your posted conclusions, based on these lyrics:
Quote[/b] ]Hadji Girl

I was out in the sands of Iraq

And we were under attack

Everybody's favorite Burger King

And she said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

Hadji girl I can't understand what you're saying.

And she said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

Hadji girl I love you anyway.

Cause I don't speak Arabic.

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

They pulled out their AKs so I could see

And they said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

Then I hid behind the TV

And I locked and loaded my M-16

And I said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

They should have known they were f***ing with a Marine

OH I know AL...yes the lyrics are SOOO funny!  Especially if you are Jewish, Christian or an Athiest.  Yes helarious.  I am just falling down laughing (yes I'm being sarcastic and don't believe that).

I never said they were funny. I find them rather pathetic and dismal. But it sounds like nothing more than a sarcastic violent miltary rap balad to me.

For the record, I hate rap. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you bother to talk to most Muslims, they see such songs as ANYTHING but funny.

Ah! It's offensive to Muslims. OK. How?

Quote[/b] ]But if you hate Muslims, of coarse its helarious.

This is a deceptive lie. My bone to pick is with Islam, not Muslims per se, except of course those Muslims that would wish me not so well, which is true of some of my fellow Jews as well. I'm an equal opportunity employer. And I still don't think this music is hilarious.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe if I write a song like that but using a Jewish settler family and anti-Jewish deragatory language instead of a Muslim family and deragatory anti-Islamic language (along with a Palestinian Hamas militant replacing the Marine) you will also just laugh and we can all sing along together to the lyrics.  What fun!

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Broken record........................

Talk about offensive! whistle.gif

So now, with all those links, you can have a good laugh, too! rofl.gif

Hi all

It is simple enough to replace the lyrics with your own religion or people, that is the simple test of whether a song is racist.

So Avon how about you do version for us replace Hadji Girl with Wailing Wall Girl

Replace

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

With say something from say the film the producers slightly misquoted and out of context.

Replace Burger king with a suitable Middle Eastern fast food you like.

Replace Arab with Hebrew

Have the marine be a member Alaxa Martys brigade.

Swap M16 for AK and AK for Uzi

Then someone can do a similar thing for Christians swaping the Marine for a Al Qaida, Hindus can replace Arab with Hindi etc.

I can think one would come to an opinion about the offence of the lyrics that was a little more reasoned rather than just plane racist.

As a Jew Avon you would do well to remember how the nazis began for it seems to me you have forgoten.

Kind Regards walker

It is simple enough to replace the lyrics with your own religion or people, that is the simple test of whether a song is racist.

So Avon how about you do version for us replace Hadji Girl with Wailing Wall Girl

All credits belong to Walker. yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Wailing Wall Girl

I was out in the sands of West Bank

And we were under attack

Everybody's favorite showarma joint

And she said

Boker Tov (means "Good Morning")

Mah Shlomcha Yedidi? (means "how are you, my friend?"

Wailing Wall girl I can't understand what you're saying.

And she said

Wailing Wall girl I love you anyway.

Cause I don't speak Hebrew.

They pulled out their Uzis so I could see

And they said

Then I hid behind the TV

And I locked and loaded my AK

And I said

They should have known they were f***ing with a Mujadin

Like, so?? huh.gif

UPDATE:

Quote[/b] ]As a Jew Avon you would do well to remember how the nazis began for it seems to me you have forgoten.

I haven't forgotten a bit. The world ignored their hateful writings and propaganda years before there was a war. The world tried appeasement and got 10s of millions dead in return.

Similarly, I find it most interesting that you ignored all of the links I posted and can only seem to concentrate on a single no more than obnoxious song by some Marine.

I still remember what they called it back then. Do you? The word is "selection."

Avon, if you dont see what is wrong with this song then I cannot help you!

And then she comes and say "if you can see what is wrong with the X links I gave you I cannot help you". Which is right. But not the subject. And which doesn't make the marine song any less wrong

Avon, if you dont see what is wrong with this song then I cannot help you!

And then she comes and say "if you can see what is wrong with the X links I gave you I cannot help you". Which is right. But not the subject. And which doesn't make the marine song any less wrong

The marine's song is a drop in the bucket compared to much else.

I even went ahead and did what Walker suggested to do - turn it around against me.

I didn't say there was nothing wrong with this song. It's obnoxious and pathetic - but that's all.

Amazing how sensitive everyone gets only when certain people say something but not others.

Sorry to have disturbed anyone's diatribe. Carry on.

Have a nice weekend. smile_o.gif

Hi all

In reply to Avon.

Not bad for a first try and I am glad to see you understand its racist nature but to get the full gist of it change the rather gentle Hebrew words you used for something Anglicized like say Hutspha Hutpha for Durka Durka, stick the words OiVeh, holocaust and Moses in somewhere and change Zionist for Jihad.

It is important that the words be bastardised, seem out of context and not actually mean anything. Then you will be getting a little closer to the flavour of the underlying racism.

When the "Durka Durka" words were in the film "Team America" they were underlining that inherent racism of the puppet Hollywood heroes and were a social comment on how the whole "America is the great bastion of freedom truth and justice" is dissolving into a joke. Out of context in the Rap they are just plain racist.

I think Irony goes straight over some dumb peoples heads. I am reminded of the the experiences of East End Jew Warren Mitchell who's Character Alf Garnet in Till Till Death Us Do Part . http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy....5.shtml Warren used to shake his head at the stupidity when racists in London's East end used to congratulate him on some of his racist statements.

That there are Arab racist songs I do not doubt. If they are quoted on here they will probably result in a ban. The question is Avon: Do you think you should be morally equivalent about it? Consider by doing so you are saying it is OK to sing those racist songs. Or that racist chants in a football match or OK. Because by being morally equivalent that is what you are doing.

As to the whether the the song was wrong I quote the full BBC article on the writers apology and let him speak for himself.

Quote[/b] ]Marine sorry for Iraq deaths songA US marine has apologised after a video spread on the internet of him singing a song about the killing of Iraqi civilians.

Cpl Joshua Belile, 23, said the song had been written as a joke and was never intended to cause offence.

The Marine Corps has described the song as "inappropriate" and is investigating the incident.

Cpl Belile denied the song had any connection with the deaths of Iraqi civilians at Haditha last year.

"It's a song that I made up and it was nothing more than something supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie," he said.

Language barrier

The chorus of the song, called Hadji Girl, reprises a popular line from the popular puppet movie Team America, a satire based on the US war on terror.

Both the film and Cpl Belile's song mock the language barrier between English-speaking troops and the Arabic-speaking world, using the phrase "durka durka Muhammad jihad" to represent Arabic speech.

Instantly falling in love - despite the language barrier - he follows her home to meet her parents, only to find himself ambushed by her father and brother.

In the closing lines of the song, the focus of most attention, Cpl Belile's marine grabs the girl's little sister as he comes under attack.

"As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally," he sang.

The song, cheered on by its audience throughout, ends with the marine returning fire on the Iraqis.

Apology welcome

The footage, apparently shot in Iraq, emerged on the video-sharing website YouTube.

It came as the marines faced controversy over the alleged killing of two dozen Iraqi civilians at Haditha last November.

But Cpl Belile told the Jacksonville Daily News that the song was written long before events in Haditha and was a work of fiction.

"I apologise for any feelings that may have been hurt in the Muslim community," he added.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, which highlighted the song, welcomed his apology.

It added that the "inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5081930.stm

Kind Regards Walker

As extraordinary as it may seem, I will have to side with Avon on this one. Considering all the other issues in Iraq and the rest of the world I think people are devoting too much attention to this failed attempt at creativity. What did you expect from someone in a line of work where the job description can be summarised as "kill the other fellow before he kills you"? People don't join the Marines because of their poetic prowess or cultural sensitivity. In an environment where the enemy is commonly referred to as "rugheads" and "sandniggers" this rhyme is hardly surprising...

This is not to say that this little incident won't have repercussions for the image of the US military. In light of the alleged Haditha killings such a song is hardly welcome... Still, this doesn't make Cpl Belile's song any more surprising.

The moaning over this crappy song is kind of sad. CAIR has a agenda just like every other organization. When they issued their press release a few days ago, they spinned the clip has to a Marine singing about him killing Iraqi civilians. The BBC believed what CAIR said and their report said....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5077858.stm

Quote[/b] ]The lyrics caught on video refer to the shooting of Iraqi civilians, especially children.

Nice reporting, BBC.

If you want to find something truly offensive, go find the World War 2 era cartoons that starred Japanese people.

@Walker: "Durka Durka" first appeared in a South Park episode starring Osama Bin Laden a few months after 9/11 has a joke. Who made Team America, Walker?

The whole mocking of non-english speaking people during Team America dealt with the perceived ethnocentrism of Americans and not racism. Arabic people were not the only "foreign" people mocked.

welcome.gif

Anybody seen this?

Apparently our guys have been finding WMDs over in Iraq since '03.  It's just that these weapons aren't what TBA said they had before the war was started.

I just don't understand why Bush hasn't made a huge deal out of this.  Granted, these aren't the WMDs that we thought they had.  It certainly isn't an active WMD program, and still doesn't justify the invasion (at least not by the argument they were using).  But it's still something.

The report has been declassified since April, but for some reason they haven't published it until now.

Anybody seen this?

Apparently our guys have been finding WMDs over in Iraq since '03.  It's just that these weapons aren't what TBA said they had before the war was started.

I just don't understand why Bush hasn't made a huge deal out of this.  Granted, these aren't the WMDs that we thought they had.  It certainly isn't an active WMD program, and still doesn't justify the invasion (at least not by the argument they were using).  But it's still something.

Most likely because >15-year-old mustard gas and sarin munitions are hardly the most scariest thing on this planet. The magic word here is "degraded."

Quote[/b] ]I just don't understand why Bush hasn't made a huge deal out of this.

A big deal out of what?It`s an emberassing discovery even by TBAs standard.

Put this pathetic finds into the context of a 45 minutes threat and campaign to aquire nuclear capability claims.

Right now the best thing Bush can do is make no mention,no deal out of WMDs.

"Iraq is the battleground against freedom hating Al-Queda terrorists";"Surrender is not an option";"We can`t quite now" are much better taglines for his dull,repetitive,narrow minded speaches.

Quote[/b] ]I just don't understand why Bush hasn't made a huge deal out of this.

A big deal out of what?It`s an emberassing discovery even by TBAs standard.

Put this pathetic finds into the context of a 45 minutes threat and campaign to aquire nuclear capability claims.

Right now the best thing Bush can do is make no mention,no deal out of WMDs.

You're probably right.  I just figured that the words "mustard gas" and "sarin" are more than enough to convince the general public to support the war, or vote republican.  Being a Bush supporter I hate to say it but... maybe he hasn't read the report yet. wow_o.gif

And maybe he is planning to use it eventually.  It's just now getting media attention.  Unless it has before, and I just hadn't heard of it.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit. icon_rolleyes.gif

So we should praise TBA for having willingly sacrified its reputation for Freedom, Democraty and Truth, thus allowing France to hide the fact that we took this opportunity to get rid for free (even earning money instead of spending some) of our WW1 chemical weapons to Irak, as we sold them, just before OIF, Roland SAM Missiles.

Fran%E7ais03.gif

So we should praise TBA for having willingly sacrified its reputation for Freedom, Democraty and Truth, thus allowing France to hide the fact that we took this opportunity to get rid for free (even earning money instead of spending some) of our WW1 chemical weapons to Irak, as we sold them, just before OIF, Roland SAM Missiles.

Fran%E7ais03.gif

Wait... world war one happend in 1993?

I'm sure TBA had a reason to not announce this as soon as it was declassified. We'll just have to wait and see what it turns out to be I guess.

Quote[/b] ]We'll just have to wait and see what it turns out to be I guess.

Where is the news in this ?

It was known that those "weapons" were still there.

If you call ammo, dug in and leaking their content into soil weapons. I name it toxic waste and the UN reported those degraded ammo way back.

If you call ammo, dug in and leaking their content into soil weapons. I name it toxic waste and the UN reported those degraded ammo way back.

What's the news in that statement?  Not much.

But this is news to me.  And it looks like it's news to a lot of the media and a lot of other people too. At least that's what they're acting like anyway.

What's the news in that statement?  Not much.

But this is news to me.  And it looks like it's news to a lot of the media and a lot of other people too.  At least that's what they're acting like anyway.

Just shows how it is said matters much more than what is said. wink_o.gif

Exactly.  Whether it's actually deadly or not, I think people will still be worried when the hear the term "mustard gas" or "sarin" in the first place.

Most people probably think it's more deadly now that it's been sitting around for 13+ years.  After all, mustard goes bad if you leave it out for too long, wouldn't mustard gas go even worse?  smile_o.gif

Besides, just because it's old now, does that mean that evildoers can't use it to make an improvised dirty bomb?  Or maybe even "renew" it?  Just asking, I don't really know.  IIRC, the ammunition that they're talking about is the kind fired from artillery pieces.  Are terrorists going to smuggle artillery pieces through customs?  Or could they put a grenade inside a bunch of the stuff, wrap it up, and put it in times square?

Cheap mustard gas, antiquated vector shells ... yeah ... London going kaboom within 45 minutes, terrorist threat, crazy evil saddam blah blah.

It doesn't go even worse FS pilot, it just slightly degrades depending on the environmental conditions which more often tend to alter its state. It's normally colorless and oily in its normal state when it's not mixed with other chemicals. It's dispersed as an aerosol so the possibility of terrorists creating an efficient aerosol weapon out of ages old chemical shells it is pretty small. Simply utting a grenade on top of a bunch of artillery shells won't do shit except possibly scratch the paint (still with the ridiculously small possibility of the grenade actually igniting on of the fuses). To dispose of UXO you actually need a bit more expertise than just taping a grenade to a pile of shells and it's the same for IED makers.

Don't worry, you can sleep safe FSpilot... after some thought, no ... if they can detonate roadside bombs made out of old artillery shells and pay card mobile phones ... I'm not telling any more. heh

Forgot about the Sarin, if the stockpiles found date back from before 1991 or even 1997, it isn't worth shit today.

I had hoped my smiley would tell everyone that I was joking.  I'm not worried about 13 year old mustard gas shells being fired from a cannon.  And yeah, I'm pretty sure if you put a grenade on top of an artillery shell it probably wouldn't set it off. icon_rolleyes.gif

I bet they could take the chemicals out of the shells though.  And then I bet they could put them in a bomb and set it off or hell, even a "water" balloon and throw it out of a light airplane.  That would be more than enough to cause mass panic and hysteria in the US.  Might not kill very many people, but they got our alert level up to red again.

My point is, 13 year old mustard gas shells are useless to an army trying to use them on another army (or anybody for that matter).  But give them to a terrorist and you can be pretty sure they'll come up with some use for them.  It might not be a full scale chemical war, but I'm sure they could attack us with it in one way or another.