Sign in to follow this  
walker

The Iraq thread 4

There are no rules in this war, but kill or be killed. They would have done the same thing to us, so I really do not care what we do to them. We just need to let the soldiers fight this war, and let em do whatever needs to be done.

So why are you fighting in the first place if you are not giving a shit about the welfare of the local populace? Yet another fine example of compassionate conservatism.

I wish this was worth responding too. Oh wait.............

If you cannot be arsed to do anything else but to troll and flame instead of even semi-rational discussion I suggest that you crawl under that rock you came from.

Will you help me lift it up?

Did I say I di not care about the civilians? No, I never said that. Yes, I do care more about our soldiers, but I also care about the civilians. I am talking about the terrorist, the people we are fighting. Everyone of them is a terrorist. I hate to say it, but the only way to beat them is to kill them.

If your idea of "shoot the enemy" involves executing wounded unarmed people, have it your way. unclesam.gif

There are no rules in this war, but kill or be killed. They would have done the same thing to us, so I really do not care what we do to them. We just need to let the soldiers fight this war, and let em do whatever needs to be done.

So why are you fighting in the first place if you are not giving a shit about the welfare of the local populace? Yet another fine example of compassionate conservatism.

If you cannot be arsed to do anything else but to troll and flame instead of even semi-rational discussion I suggest that you crawl under that rock you came from.

Did I say I di not care about the civilians? No, I never said that. Yes, I do care more about our soldiers, but I also care about the civilians. I am talking about the terrorist, the people we are fighting. Everyone of them is a terrorist. I hate to say it, but the only way to beat them is to kill them.

If your idea of "shoot the enemy" involves executing wounded unarmed people, have it your way. unclesam.gif

With this enemy, you can never trust. So with this enemy that is my idea of shooting the enemy. wink_o.gif

With this enemy, you can never trust. So with this enemy that is my idea of shooting the enemy. wink_o.gif

See, they are bringing freedom, liberty, democracy to these people..... At any cost it would appear.

Executing unarmed people (Terrorist/Insurgant or not), kind of undermines the whole 'We are the good guys' principle. Practise what you preach.

See, they are bringing freedom, liberty, democracy to these people..... At any cost it would appear.

Executing unarmed people (Terrorist/Insurgant or not), kind of undermines the whole 'We are the good guys' principle. Practise what you preach.

We are the "good guys", but to win a war, you can not act like the "good guys". smile_o.gif Yes, I would like to bring democracy to Iraq, not just for the Iraqis, but also for us. Though I feel that freedom will never be seen in that region. Why I support this war is because we are able to fight many of the terrorist from aroud the war in one place. These people are terrorist, nothing more than animals. They have no compassion at all. They are full of hate for America, like it or not this is a FACT, not just my stupid opinion. These people would kill any American in a second, and anybody who might seem to support the War in Iraq. So when I heard about this I felt no compassion or sorrow for the terrorist. I probably should have, but these people have done way to much, way way to much to us. I don't want to bring freedom to the terrorist, just death. mad_o.gif

I probably should have, but these people have done way to much, way way to much to us.

Considering that the people being shot here are mostly iraqis I think its time for a little comparison:

Bad things done to americans so far by iraqis:

~1000 dead armed soldiers

Couple of contractors

Bad things done to iraqis so far by americans:

Incredible amount of property damage

20000-100000 dead iraqis

I probably should have, but these people have done way to much, way way to much to us.

Considering that the people being shot here are mostly iraqis I think its time for a little comparison:

Couple of contractors

20000-100000 dead iraqis

Know, the people being shot are terrorist. Insurgents! Those dead soldiers are not becuase of the Iraqis either. As far as the dead civilians, I hate it as much as you, but to me I had rather be dead than live under somebody like Saddam. I can't speak for them, so I do not know exactly how the feel. Most soldiers I vae talked to say the like us and support us, but the media is so crappy now we never see this. I don't know how many civilians have been killed by the U.S., but many have been killed by terrorist, and I am sure your numbers are a little high, though who knows. smile_o.gif

Duke Of Ray stating that someone elses post isn't worth replying to....*chuckle*

Think I'm just gonna sit back and watch this for a bit.

*grabs munchies and beer*

Couple of contractors

20000-100000 dead iraqis

Know, the people being shot are terrorist. Insurgents! Those dead soldiers are not becuase of the Iraqis either. As far as the dead civilians, I hate it as much as you, but to me I had rather be dead than live under somebody like Saddam. I can't speak for them, so I do not know exactly how the feel. Most soldiers I vae talked to say the like us and support us, but the media is so crappy now we never see this. I don't know how many civilians have been killed by the U.S., but many have been killed by terrorist, and I am sure your numbers are a little high, though who knows. smile_o.gif

Browse back this thread and read the report released by the iraqi health ministry, try claiming that source is biased. crazy_o.gif

Duke Of Ray stating that someone elses post isn't worth replying to....*chuckle*

Think I'm just gonna sit back and watch this for a bit.

*grabs munchies and beer*

What kind of munchies?

Does it say how many were killed by the U.S.? You do realize Saddam would have put those people in places of danger to make us look bad? Oh well.

What kind of munchies?

Ehm...got some crunchy cheddar snacks and Jamaican patties. Drinking some Molson Canadian. All I need now is entertainment, so - carry on  unclesam.gif

You do realize Saddam would have put those people in places of danger to make us look bad? Oh well.

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Yeah. Saddam made them sit in their homes while we dropped 2000lb bombs on them. crazy_o.gif

"We rationalized destroying villages in order to save them. We saw America lose her sense of morality as she accepted very cooly a My Lai and refused to give up the image of American soldiers who hand out chocolate bars and chewing gum." -John Kerry

Indeed. I'll give you a good example from this thread:

It was a judgement call on that Marine, and given the current situation, IMO it seemed, not a correct course of action, but at the same time, not the "wrong" course of action.

It doesn't get more simple and clear than this - the cold-blooded execution of an unarmed, wounded prisoner. And yet Harnu thinks that it was "not the "wrong" course of action".

The only information I had on the subject at that time were some news reports I caught and a few things here on there on the forums.  If it is true that a forward element was already there, and filtered the word out that they were all injured and unarmed, then yes, it was the wrong thing to do.  

I was basing it on the information I had previously, I was under the understanding that they were the first ones there.  I'm still searching for the video to see first hand what happened.

I don't have a lot of time to be constantly up to date with every incident that happens.  So I do not always have 100% of the info the rest of you have.  My apologies on my assumption.

Iraqi SF....

r576930556.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Iraqi special forces hold an arrested suspect, identified by the Iraqi government as a senior insurgent leader Mo'ayed Ahmed Yassin otherwise known as Abu Ahmed, in Falluja in an undated photograph provided by Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's office November 15, 2004. The prime minister's office said that the man was a senior commander of the armed insurgency group Mohammed's Army. REUTERS/Iraqi PMO

You do realize Saddam would have put those people in places of danger to make us look bad? Oh well.

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Yeah. Saddam made them sit in their homes while we dropped 2000lb bombs on them.  crazy_o.gif

No amigo, but building military targets in civilian areas is rthe same thing. wink_o.gif

heh, has anyone ever considered that the US and allawi would probably be condeming the attack on fallujah had it been saddam bombarding it the city. Oh how the tables have turned. The ironies dont stop do they?

heh, Iraqi SF are using M-4's and U.S. troops are using AK's. Who'da thunk it?

biggrin_o.gif Hey welcome back to the debate Duke_of_Ray. I regard your posts as akin to pure gold dust. I cannot help but chuckle at such gleaming elucidations as:

Quote[/b] ]Yes, I do care more about our soldiers, but I also care about the civilians. I am talking about the terrorist, the people we are fighting. Everyone of them is a terrorist. I hate to say it, but the only way to beat them is to kill them.
Quote[/b] ]We are the "good guys", but to win a war, you can not act like the "good guys".

Thats right Osama.

Quote[/b] ]Why I support this war is because we are able to fight many of the terrorist from aroud the war in one place

This is such a classic excuse for supporting the Iraq war, im thinking of framing it and putting it by my bed.

Quote[/b] ]These people are terrorist, nothing more than animals. They have no compassion at all. They are full of hate for America, like it or not this is a FACT, not just my stupid opinion. These people would kill any American in a second, and anybody who might seem to support the War in Iraq.

They have no compassion and because of this they must be excuted without mercy. Yes i see.

Quote[/b] ]Know, the people being shot are terrorist. Insurgents!

I would like to know how you 'know', if you know what i mean.

Quote[/b] ]As far as the dead civilians, I hate it as much as you, but to me I had rather be dead than live under somebody like Saddam

No doubt you would and i know youre probably right here, but its just, its kind of hard convincing people in general that theyre better off dead. I know its strange.

(Im sorry, i couldnt resist.)

biggrin_o.gif Hey welcome back to the debate Duke_of_Ray. I regard your posts as akin to pure gold dust.

Really? I thought maybe fool's gold was more like it biggrin_o.gif. Or perhaps some magical laughing powder...shame he stopped when I asked him to keep going sad_o.gif.

*Shhh maybe he'll come back if we keep quiet.*

{insert lure}George Bush is a bad man.{/insert lure}

LOL! biggrin_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/17/hassoun.evidence/index.html

Quote[/b] ]WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Military investigators have re-opened the case of U.S. Marine Corps Cpl. Wassef Hassoun after several personal items -- including his military ID and civilian passport -- were found in Falluja, the city where he disappeared in June.

Hassoun reappeared July 7 in Lebanon, where he was born and has relatives.

What happened to Hassoun during that time has been a mystery to military investigators who recently closed two separate investigations into the disappearance.

Because of the new evidence, the case of Hassoun's disappearance is unexpectedly open again. Investigators are assessing the evidence found in Falluja.

After the initial report that Hassoun was missing, military officials assumed he had walked away from camp. He was listed as a deserter.

His status was changed to captured after the release of a videotape that showed him blindfolded with a sword suspended over his head. A few days later, a posting to three Islamist Web sites claimed Hassoun had been beheaded.

Hassoun denied being a deserter and staging his own kidnapping.

A Marine Corps official said representatives of the Naval Criminal Investigative Services did not interview Hassoun until after he completed his 30-day home leave, following his repatriation back to the United States.

Hassoun may now be interviewed again, the official said.

Hassoun's civilian passport, military identification card and his military uniform were all found, sources said.

The uniform was described by those familiar with the case as being in "remarkably good shape."

Other items with Hassoun's name on them, but which the sources declined to describe, were also found. It appeared that some items of identification were altered, the sources said.

Hassoun's personal weapon disappeared from the camp just outside Falluja at the same time he did. It was never recovered.

Also, an amount of cash he had has not been found, sources said.

Two weeks ago, the NCIS presented its findings on two ongoing investigations into Hassoun's disappearance.

<snip>