Sign in to follow this  
walker

The Iraq thread 4

1) That was no mortar. Mortars are far louder and make much more damage. My bet would be on something like a 40mm grenade.

I first thought of offensive (concussion) grenades, but after seeing the shrapnel damges caused to the vehicles, I'd tend to agree with you denoir.

Hi All

If it was mortars then the rounds were very small.

The major thing is the accuracy that is way too accurate for mortars all the rounds land on the road and on their cariage way.

Sound

The Driver shouts Go Go Go several times to other driver next to him. Someone slowing in ambush rather than continue on idiot.You can hear him panting with the driving effort as the car swerves.

You can hear AK at the start

It goes Dat Dat Dat Dat medium pause Dat Small pause Dat Da-Da Dat Dat The sound fades.

Then you hear M16 in reply DaDaDat DaDaDat DaDaDat DaDaDat DaDaDat then EITHER it stuters at the end by being switched to single or is out of rounds in the mag OR more likely it is AK Rounds.

You hear someone say "BIG one" You hear someone say "Watch the VW" the drivers Voice say "Got It"

One the Driver Says "More on the route"

Then an AK on full Auto uncontroled spray fire. Probably frustration that the Ambush failed.

One asks "Sh*t is that us or them" young lad

One says "That is them" Driver (Most together guy in the team) Someone Says "They are just hiting Sh*t"

An M16 Starts up again

Going to listen more  add in other bitsand get this in to proper order.

Visual

First explosive is left in the road divider The second is in front of them the one that lands to the right of the black people Carrier (The principle?)  One explosion goes off under their car they are in so nades I think.

Note the Man in Black right hand side in road in front of parked car. Throws Nades You See him throw FIRST nade.

The guy behind him, also dressed in black, in between the cars. May throw the second or he may be a civilian.  You later see him jumping off the road is he hit or just getting out of the way. Bit Wrag doll so I would say Hit by a round.

Kind Regards Walker

Too bad they missed the vehicles, but practice makes perfect. smile_o.gif

Yeah. It really sucks no one was killed.

Ass.

Too bad they missed the vehicles, but practice makes perfect. smile_o.gif

Yeah. It really sucks no one was killed.

Ass.

I didnt get that sense of humor either. I was looking for an indicator of irony or sarcasm but couldnt find it.

Consequence: Pretty tasteless comment!

I think it was sarcasim personnely anyway one know how close the us are to the mosque now last i heard it was about 800m?

What's with all the negative comments? If you haven't noticed already I support the Iraqi resistance (duh! smile_o.gif) and I'm happy when they score a victory against the aggressors. It's not that I want to see dead americans and their allies (which is my private thing if I do or don't), I just want to see Iraq get rid of invaders. Hopefully that day will come soon and without too much spilt blood. mad_o.gif

What's with all the negative comments? If you haven't noticed already I support the Iraqi resistance (duh! smile_o.gif) and I'm happy when they score a victory against the aggressors. It's not that I want to see dead americans and their allies (which is my private thing if I do or don't), I just want to see Iraq get rid of invaders. Hopefully that day will come soon and without too much spilt blood. mad_o.gif

Which Iraqi resistance are you talking about? Right now I may assume that fighters on the roads belong to Sadr. Sadr however is not fighting for the independance of the iraqi people nor for a peaceful muslim state. This guy is a warlord with egostic intentions and he is far from being a noble resistance fighter. FINALLY, Sadr does NOT represent the mainstream view of the iraqi people.

Secondly, you can blame the americans for a lot of things (and I actually do that) but wishing them to die is a mental perversion. You may feel hate but your personal discipline should be able to cool that down. You need to go back to oblective views.. try it cause otherwise noone will take you serious in any of the discussions here.

Maybe you can start by calling a "KIA" something else than a "score" and maybe you should remind yourself that american soldiers are being pulled into that war whether they like it or not. Many of them fight simply because of comradeship.

Quote[/b] ]Right now I may assume that fighters on the roads belong to Sadr. Sadr however is not fighting for the independance of the iraqi people nor for a peaceful muslim state. This guy is a warlord with egostic intentions and he is far from being a noble resistance fighter.

That´s a widespread myth. Sadr´s men are only part of the problem. They are not the only ones attacking US or coaltion troops . In fact there are more than 50 radical organizations in arms that oppose the US occupation. The resistance often comes from regular armed people. Resistance. Like it or not but there is no widespread favour for the occupiers in Iraq.

We are not the ones to take position. We don´t know what is actually going on on Iraq´s streets. We only know about the major scandals, but we don´t know how´s life in Iraq for average Iraqi Joe.

Norris has a right to voice his postion like anyone else here.

I can remember that comments pointing to the other side were even more displaced but were appreciated because they aimed at the "bad guys".

Don´t you remember Albert ?

That´s the other side of the medal. Someone taking position for the Resistance, Iraq´s citizens.

We may appreciate that or not, but we have to accept it like we had to accept funny comments on Iraqi´s deaths and killings.

Quote[/b] ]and maybe you should remind yourself that american soldiers are being pulled into that war whether they like it or not

The US forces are no draft forces. The US foreign policy and military history of the last decade indicated and showed that you will most probably end up in a war during your time of service. That´s a thing everyone knows who signs the contract. Soldiers are for fighting, not for knitting.

Quote[/b] ]What's with all the negative comments? If you haven't noticed already I support the Iraqi resistance (duh! ) and I'm happy when they score a victory against the aggressors. It's not that I want to see dead americans and their allies (which is my private thing if I do or don't), I just want to see Iraq get rid of invaders. Hopefully that day will come soon and without too much spilt blood.

norris where exactly you from rock.gif

i didnt support the war but i anit a fan of the resistance either personnely i would like to see peace restored a resonable goverment and for the troops to pull out peacefuly but saddly i doubt that will happen

What's with all the negative comments?

You seem quite comfortable expressing yourself freely.

Why get so troubled when others do the same?

Typical Taleban.   crazy_o.gif

Most dangerous point of the video comes right after it ends, where hte truck plows into the incoming car. tounge_o.gif

Yeah they missed with the grenades, is it any wonder, probably came from a building 100m+ away. The guns firing after was just someone pissing their pants most likely. biggrin_o.gif Loud urine.

Quote[/b] ]and maybe you should remind yourself that american soldiers are being pulled into that war whether they like it or not

The US forces are no draft forces. The US foreign policy and military history of the last decade indicated and showed that you will most probably end up in a war during your time of service. That´s a thing everyone knows who signs the contract. Soldiers are for fighting, not for knitting.

Hardly.

You think an african-american from the inner city knows that? Or a rural citizen know that? Most only know that A)the military will pay for their college that they normally couldn't pay for and B) sadly the military will give them a start to a better life. You think the guys that volunteered for NG to play weekend warrior, whether it be for more money, college payment or whatever know that they will be shipped off to Iraq? Or even thought it possible?

To state that "everyone" knows they will be in war is a falacy. Not all soldiers are for fighting.

Quote[/b] ]You think an african-american from the inner city knows that? Or a rural citizen know that?

You should think that he / she knows what soldiers are for.

They are not trolling around in Kindergardens...

If you sign a contract it´s your duty to know what you sign.

There´s no understanding for such on mypart.

Noone forces you into the army. It´s your decision if you do so. The NG may be a different point, but not regular service.

Quote[/b] ]Not all soldiers are for fighting.

Sure but in case they get into a situation noone asks them if they are for fighting or logistics...that´s why they are armed.

Every soldier should be able to defend himself with the equipment he/she has. Otherwise he/she is not a soldier.

Quote[/b] ]You should think that he / she knows what soldiers are for.

Indeed. But they do not go in so they can fight, or the hope of a war, or even with the desire to protect their nation.

Quote[/b] ]They are not trolling around in Kindergardens...

No. But they do cruise high schools.

Quote[/b] ]If you sign a contract it´s your duty to know what you sign.

There´s no understanding for such on mypart.

Duty is questionable. Legal imperative perhaps, as the NG soldiers that got called back can testify to.

Quote[/b] ]Noone forces you into the army. It´s your decision if you do so. The NG may be a different point, but not regular service.

Circumstances can force you in. What would you do if you lived in S. Central, surrounded by gangs and drugs, too poor to go to college, with the prospect of working at McD's the rest of your life, and with no hope of getting out other than the military?

The same can be said for some rural communities. The US Military may not be a draft in name, but many are forced in because of their social situations.

The NG is different. Lawyers and businessmen mixed with blue collar guys, all getting together to run around in the woods a weekend every month.

Quote[/b] ]Sure but in case they get into a situation noone asks them if they are for fighting or logistics...that´s why they are armed.

Every soldier should be able to defend himself with the equipment he/she has. Otherwise he/she is not a soldier.

Oh for sure. But I was more thinking about the morale, or heart of the soldiers. The ones that just wanted to go to school. Do you want him fighting with you? The one that had no intention or desire to go to war, and only saw the military as a way out of whatever their circumstance was?

Quote[/b] ]The NG is different. Lawyers and businessmen mixed with blue collar guys, all getting together to run around in the woods a weekend every month.

Tell that to the NG folks in Iraq...

Quote[/b] ]The NG is different. Lawyers and businessmen mixed with blue collar guys, all getting together to run around in the woods a weekend every month.

Woods. Sand dunes.

A weekend's a weekend!

Quote[/b] ]Tell that to the NG folks in Iraq...

You better tell that to your president who sent them there in abuse of their purpose.

Thats my point.

Quite clever, no social security to speak of, a seriously lacking educations system and few efforts to improve the fate of those who do not belong to the invite list for the white house's christmas dinner. Then you give people a way to go to college, join the armed forces and we'll pay for you.

Only the poor people have to go for this, since anyone of the top can not only afford college, but could almost buy their kids a degree.

Noone'll miss them right?

The American Way. unclesam.gif

A draft, but then again, not a draft.

Yeah it does suck to pay so much taxes and not be forced into the military in pinko commie europe, heh.

Quote[/b] ]Hollywood man burns Marine van after being told son died in Iraq

The Associated Press

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- A man was severely burned Wednesday when he set fire to a Marine Corps van after he was told that his Marine son had been killed in Iraq, police said.

Marines went to the house in Hollywood Wednesday afternoon to tell the parents of the 20-year-old private first class that their son died Tuesday in Najaf, Iraq, Hollywood police said in a statement.

The man, whose name was not immediately released by police, then walked out of the house with a torch and what appeared to be a container of flammable liquid.

The Marines unsuccessfully tried to stop him from starting the fire, but he set himself on fire in the process and was inside the burning van when the Marines pulled him out and put out the flames, police said.

The man was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, but his condition was not immediately available.

Grief?