Sign in to follow this  
shockerob

Ok is it me or my systen setup??

Ok,

Once again I am here for some sound advice (hint hint)Since purchasing ofp I have been glued to my pc,Both in awww with the awsome game as well as all the small probs :)i'm up late into the night trying to figure out.(PROBLEM) I have posted here befor about this prob and fixed most but this one I have gotten mixed answers on.When I play the game for extended periods the game gets slower,slower,slower.ect.I have to re-boot every 45 minn or so.I have been told to up my RAM but again mixed review.I dont mind buying more but is this the right fix???windows (ME) did the same lagg as well but alot more crashes(BLUE SCREEN) I 've been all over the fourms and to #### and back late into the night un-installing and re doing EVERYTHING! Here are the pc spects again.

Thanks for you replies.

Shocker_rob

dell 8200 p4 1.7ghz

128 mb (RD) ram

32 mb gforce 2 mx 4x (TVOUT)

windows xp(nvidia xp driver 23.11)

20 gb hd

nic (DSL) 10/100

and all the other goodies

p.s. did deatonator xp last night and it did some funny stuff but no real help, give advice on auto drop down, resalution I need a stable platform to start fromI guess(HELP IF U CAN)

1. The latest detonator driver 23.11 (?) is bad. I'd remove it and install the previous one 21.83 (?) - not sure of the numbers right now.

2. 128 MB RAM is kinda low. This might be the problem. Swap file might be out of control. I run with 512 MB on mine.

3. Try avon's site for other tips (http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

Good luck

I would definitely add more ram...my system reports around 180Meg used by ofp...with the OS on top I'd say that 256Meg is probably the minimum you want to run with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hollywood @ Jan. 09 2002,00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would definitely add more ram...my system reports around 180Meg used by ofp...with the OS on top I'd say that 256Meg is probably the minimum you want to run with.<span id='postcolor'>

He's been given that exact same advice in several different threads by multiple people, and he keeps coming back with the same question.

For some reason, he doesn't seem to want to accept that 128MB of RAM is not enough to do anything more useful than boot up the OS...

I will spell it out clearly for him this time.........

biggrin.gif ** Y o u n e e d m o r e r a m **biggrin.gif

128mb is the bare minimum to just start up win XP, then you need to have more to run OpFlash......

just do your self a favor (and us) and get as much as you can afford, In my opinion you should have at least 384mb to have everything running smooth .... but if you can get 512mb, you should. wink.gif

OK ,OK,

Come on guys give poor ol me a break the last time posted this I did get a mixed review but sine I got it SPELLED out to me I will go and do the dirty deed.I am going to post another bug in a minn so reply please.

Shocker_rob tounge.gif

Or it might just be that FADE is running for some nknown reason...(mabye you have a trainer or something) confused.gif

FADE does not cause the system to crash or hang, it degrades features and performance, and disconnects people with illegal copies during MP games.