Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

What do you mean without much content. They're telling you everything they can, so we'll wait and see if there is more information soon. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What do you mean without much content

I was very much expecting an alpha version of op2 in my inbox  tounge_o.gif

Now, you see, I dont mind the delay if they posted some kind of PROGRESS instead of keeping it quiet for so long. They should keep us on our toes, but not off the ground! I mean, cmon, I dont expect it to be a quick BAM and release a quick copy of ofp2 and have it filled with everything we all dont want. What project is codemasters focusing on? I mean, with games like "Soldier" if they get any laggyer, Im going to have to retire from anything made my codemasters. Rushing production is wrong yes, look at Half Life 2, its been pushed back a YEAR because of a "Hacker". OFP2 should make the engine very flexible so for many years after the games release, breakthroughs like reflective water in ofp1 (Ty Kegety  biggrin_o.gif ). Instead of just wishing for the possible, I just want an update on the games progress instead of 1 peice of news just regarding what the're getting done over there every 4-5 MONTHS. If they finished a wheel on a jeep, or even just modeled it, it'd be alot nicer than not knowing what they're doing over there

ugh, not the best news to return with after your summer holiday, but it was expected. 2004, 2006 or 2010, BIS I'll be waiting right here for you! smile_o.gif

Look to get it for Christmas 2006 fellas, maybe spring 2007. If they are saying 2006 even now then for certain it will be even longer.

Edit: eh bn880, nice NDP link there (weak)

Look to get it for Christmas 2006 fellas, maybe spring 2007. If they are saying 2006 even now then for certain it will be even longer.

Edit: eh bn880, nice NDP link there (weak)

Well most guys in the BIS time is ready with their work for Ofp Xbox, I bet they are sitting atm and making models, creating the new ofp2engine. I Cant see 15 guys sitting and working with Xbox right now biggrin_o.gif Latest for OFP is Summer 2006, i know BIS will stick to the plan so i cant see where u getting 2007 from smile_o.gif

So do we really even have an statement that it will be delayed more than just a short 'Coming Spring 2006' on a codemasters site.

It would be nice if BIS gave us some info on the current status. If they are going to delay the game by 1-1.5 years at least they should tell us that and also a small explanation why would be appropriate.

This silent tactic BIS has adapted isn't nice to the community but perhaps the game will be so different(arcade) that they would need a new community anyway.

This silent tactic BIS has adapted isn't nice to the community but perhaps the game will be so different(arcade) that they would need a new community anyway.

That would be pretty bad sad_o.gif

Well if Ubi take over that's what we'll get, a Battlefield type game! Assuming they get their dirty mitts on it. *cocks shotgun and aims at Ubi* "Get off my land!"

Quote[/b] ]Well if Ubi take over that's what we'll get, a Battlefield type game! Assuming they get their dirty mitts on it. *cocks shotgun and aims at Ubi* "Get off my land!"

Ubi is buying Codemasters, not BIS.

i think its about time to release OFP1 for free to get more ppl into it and propably to catch some CS-guys, which have to pay now for CS cause of that new Steam-Software. It would be a good Advertising for Flashpoint2 itself. As there is nothing really new for it, it will die a slow death soon.

guerilla @ Aug. 10 2004,18:34)]it will die a slow death soon.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking to, ofcorse I'm hoping something else will happen! Nobody want to see it die...

Quote[/b] ]Codemasters delays games amid Ubisoft takeover rumors

UK publisher/developer pushes back Wartime Command, Operation Flashpoint 2 as UK trades report it may be bought out by the French game giant.

Over the weekend, British publisher and developer Codemasters pushed back several of its high-profile military games. Operation Flashpoint 2, the sequel to the popular Bohemia Interactive-developed shooter, has been delayed until "spring 2006," according to the game's official Web site. Further, Codemasters' release calendar now lists the release date for the Xbox version of the original Operation Flashpoint as summer 2005 (instead of fall 2004, as previously listed).

Codemasters has also delayed Wartime Command: Battle for Europe 1939-1945, its WWII real-time strategy game. Developed by Russian studio IC, the game had been set for a summer 2004 release. However, as of late last week, the game's home page was changed to reflect a new summer 2005 ship date.

Ironically, the delays come as Codemasters is reportedly on the verge of being bought out. British game-industry magazine MCV is reporting that Ubisoft is in "an advanced stage in negotiations" to purchase the Colin McRae publisher. The French publishing giant had been widely reported to be considering acquiring another leading UK game company, Eidos. However, Ubisoft's shares fell 5.2 percent on Monday due to worries that Eidos' estimated $300 million price tag would severely strain its finances.

Source. www.gamespot.com

so ...

regarding Codemaster to be sold to UBI :

as someone who remember (nearly directly) UBI take-over BlueByte, it was leading German development studio with excelent games and own publishing capacity ...

result, most of good project was canceled , some were "finished" in awfull quality (in mind to original project concepts) and whole "series" of games went to hell ...

UBI is maybe successfull, but i don't like way they doing it...

i'm sure there are ways which will be more successfull with different aproach ...

also i dont like how UBI and EA are taking over, killing great projects (multiple times) ... but as i know $ does matter ...

---

dates:

if there is real movement with date for FlashPoint XBOX edition, than i really wonder if it is going to be ever released for old XBOX (actual one). In fall 2004 and year 2005 there will be (more likely) released new version of XBOX including very powerfull hardware (it will be not anymore laughly console). In total, summer 2005 for XBOX1 sounds strange.

Release date 2006 for FlashPoint 2 ... it's long, over 1 year delay after estimade release ...

plus with today's politic shift date 2-5 times backward (D3, HL2,Stalker and others smile_o.gif...

fall 2006 is more likely to happen (bigger xmass sales smile_o.gif

when i see these delays i hope for magic wonder to happen and thats updated OFPR engine to apear (ie. in style of another la "Resistance" bonuspack) which take OFPR engine to it's limits (abusing all what DX8 can offer and so on). Including stability improvements, JIP and so on. Thus small coding (or maybe it's already done) session, some mission scripting for excelent campaign and BIS can get another pack of $ to develop quality OFP2 smile_o.gif.

So do we really even have an statement that it will be delayed more than just a short 'Coming Spring 2006' on a codemasters site.

It would be nice if BIS gave us some info on the current status. If they are going to delay the game by 1-1.5 years at least they should tell us that and also a small explanation why would be appropriate.

Agreed !!

They don´t care about us (the comunity) anymore. That´s a real shame. I´m very disapointed mad_o.gif

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY NOBODY FROM BIS HAS SAID A SINGLE WORD ABOUT THIS? WHAT ARE YOUR PROBLEMS GUYS? PLEASE RELEASE ANY OFFICIAL INFORMATION ABOUT OFP 2 FOR US !

We can all agree on that is confusion here, BIS website says:

Quote[/b] ]Expected release of Operation Flashpoint 2 is late 2004

Codemasters webpage says:

Quote[/b] ]Comming Spring 2006

So tell us Bohemia Interactive (Suma, Placebo, doda, OFP Developers, SCREAM, Maruk, master or medvidek):

What is the real release date and why hasn't this news been released by Bohemia Interactive?

There is no press release on Codemasters website on this new release date.

EDIT: Has this anything to do with the selling of Codemasters?

Yes... because they are almost certainly going to give out definitive information concerning a buyout that is still being negotiated on a gaming forum.

I'm sure that a majority of the community would appreciate it if BIS could even say "when it's done" in regard to the codemasters date.

Well, for me this is fine. I've yet to buy a PC game that has keep my interest as much as OFP has. Most keep me happy for a month or two, then I'm back to OFP jamming mags and pissing and moaning trying to find that last elusive Russian troop that seems to keep most missions from ending.

I've been out of the loop here for years, but still playing OFP religously.

With a PC that is older than dirt and slower than a turtle this gives me plenty of time to save up for a killer system.

Nice to say hi again, now it's back to banging my head against a wall downloading addons with 56K since that's all I can get out in the middle of the woods.

Maybe by 06 I'll have the house built and have DSL.......ya, and hell will freeze over.

Many people here are saying, that they won't be able to play anymore in 2006. That's perhaps true, I won't have much time either, but out of the view of BIS and CM, it's no problem, because you've got the same number of people comming new into the community in 2006 or even later rock.gif

Arg, thinking about that makes me said... sad_o.gif

I still have concerns...especially hearing how much Xbox version is delayed.Do you think Xbox will be that great in another year? Cmon its a downgraded PC.I only know a few people with an Xbox.And with PS3 coming and who knows what else?

I am not a software company like Bis,but I wouldn't spend much time on a Xbox version.I just am worried and want Bis to stay sucessful.

I am trying to brainstorm on how to keep OFP alive.And I love the idea that they are going all out on OFP2 obviously from the time they are spending.

Someone had a good idea about giving out OFP for free,now that may bring more people into the community but there is no money in that.

I am thinking along the lines like...give out OFP.Sell an expansion that has a new patch and new scenario (WW2 Pacific !!) nah just kidding,something like whats going on overseas right now would sell.

And with the patch have: JIP, (Multiple Firing Points !!),but things like walking on moving vehicles and maybe some of the collision stuff better.

Shoot for a 6 month - 1 year date and please keep us informed some ,lol

My 2 cents

I personaly think that making OFP for Xbox was a mistake.

OFP is meant to be on the computer, not on arcade.

Second, I'm ecually getting tierd of OFP  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif and i really don't know why.

Maybe it is becouse that times changes and new and  crazy_o.gif <s>better</s> games is comming to take it's place.

(I shouldn't have said that  crazy_o.gif )