Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

seriously, everyone is crying about the release date, the original game took four years to develope and they haven't even started developing OFP 2 beyond concepts and stuff.

I'll happily wait two years.

Most likely, I wont be playing games in 2006....

Just another prime example how BIS doesnt support this community. Didnt hear one thing about this from them on this forum. Seems like CM is more for the people.

My days of OFP are over.... I cant play a game made by such greedy, ungreatfull men...

Most likely, I wont be playing games in 2006....

Just another prime example how BIS doesnt support this community.  Didnt hear one thing about this from them on this forum.   Seems like CM is more for the people.  

Ok we get your point stop posting already  crazy_o.gif

My days of OFP are over.... I cant play a game made by such greedy, ungreatfull men...

You've never played a game by EA? or Microsoft for that matter?  tounge_o.gif

BIS is Busy. They have released VBS1, and are planning to release OFP-Xbox very soon too, thats 2 half-games! well VBS is more of a half game and the xbox version is more of a decimal factor and that...works out to a fraction of some sort!

Theres no way BIS could have got a lot done on OFP2 while working on those 2 projects so its clear why there isnt much info to give and CM extended their projection of the release date.

I'm not surprised that it's scheduled for 2006. In all honesty, I thought 2005 was far too optimistic and the games engine wouldn't have been that upgraded.

The kick in the teeth for most people I feel,  is the way it was announced. Considering the rapport that BIS and the community have I would have thought a post by a BIS member of staff explaining that it's been delayed would have softened and appeased most people (yes, I know it's the weekend).

Then again, Codemasters the publishers haven't exactly been a fountain of information. OFP Xbox, due <s>Spring 2004</s>, <s>Summer 2004</s>, <s>Autumn 2004</s> Summer 2005 has hardly been mentioned in the press (and that includes E3). Then all of a sudden up pops the two new release dates.

A bit more communication is needed.

I just hope the OFP brand doesn't descend into Duke Nukem Forever farce.

Okay, so after having read what everyone's said, I'm much less annoyed about the later release date being given out...

But still, the only reason I was really annoyed is the fact that they haven't given us a reason why(if they have and I've missed it, please tell me I'm being a knob). Playing silly games with release dates is only going to wind people up, particularly those more highly-strung members of the community wink_o.gif

Anyways, I'm fairly glad of the extra time to upgrade my PC, hopefully by that time I will have the money to do so and with OFP2 not being released until long after I finish at university... I have a higher chance of passing wink_o.gif

Good luck to BIS, but I hope they release a statement sometime soon smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My days of OFP are over.... I cant play a game made by such greedy, ungreatfull men...

Oh, stop wadding up your panties over this. BIS has a lot of work on its hands with OFP X-Box, which will hopefully be out relatively soon. The more time they spend improving the OFP engine for OFP X-Box, the better the finished product will be when OFP2 is released.

Well well, what do we have here? Hum, lets see.

"I want a patch"

"I want an expansion"

Nice stuff. Need I remind that OFP for X-Box is in production? Theres no way you can possibly get a patch, and NOT an expansion.

Looks like you guys need a situation report. smile_o.gif

Here is my sitrep:

Initially OFP2 was going into develpment, but BIS decided to work on an OFP version for X-BOX. Initially it was a simple project, get the interface for a console and all that stuff, but then they decided to change the graphic engine and improve it. We have fine graphics on X-box thrust me. ;)

After, and i should repeat this word, after, OFP X-box, is complete, the OFP2 development will start. The delay was a..lets say, "crash caused crash"

What I mean with this, is if OFP X-box is delayed, OFP2 is delayed too. tounge_o.gif

And FYI OFP X-box will be released, this October.

Regards and dont cry, I will be on the reruit by Winter 2006 Lol! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My days of OFP are over.... I cant play a game made by such greedy, ungreatfull men...

p10577.jpg

I just got a pc that can handle Operation Flashpoint properly. I want to sit and enjoy the add ons for a while. Addon makers have lots more addons they can make. Look at some Janes military books for ideas.

I think If we can get high resolution textures the way we now have glass like water and improved night vision [thanks Kegety] then we can have lots more for this engine. I'm confident if we knock a few heads together [mine is way big though] we can imporove the engine way more.Also there is the explosion and sound modifications done. Plus skies. What I'm saying is the future is gonna be good to this engine if we can look beyond the new OFP2 release date.

We are just now beginning to crack the limits of the engine to make a Flashpoint 2 of our very own. Only thing is our community Flashpoint 2 has come over time. One new sky, water texture, sound mod, island, or new to use a weapon at a time. I'm happy!!! Come get happy!!! [Partrige Family] tounge_o.gifunclesam.gif

Just another prime example how BIS doesnt support this community. Didnt hear one thing about this from them on this forum. Seems like CM is more for the people.

To me, BIS is one the few that helps the community. Suma even helps ppl with Editing in the O2 forum and they released many free addons for us in the upgrades. We should thank them for that.

blues.gif If OFP1 just had JIP support, it was another story.

Quote[/b] ]Nice stuff. Need I remind that OFP for X-Box is in production? Theres no way you can possibly get a patch, and NOT an expansion.

What is 1.96a and when was it released?

Release dates

hmm...(my bet it`ll be put off again in the coming year):angry:

*waits for S.T.A.L.K.E.R and hopes it makes me forget OFP tounge_o.gif

Mhm, that's strange, now they're shifting the X-Box Version also one year back, what's happening at BIS? Are they running out of working people? sad_o.gif

Mhm, that's strange, now they're shifting the X-Box Version also one year back, what's happening at BIS? Are they running out of working people? sad_o.gif

beer prices in Prague dropped 50%

biggrin_o.gif

If it's any consolation, the BIStudio site still hasn't changed the estimated date from late 2004 and I would have thought that Codemasters would have told BIS about it eh?

Of course I doubt I am correct.  sad_o.gif

Since the "New release date worldwide..." in OFP2 GENERAL,

the OFP2 SUGGESTIONS seems dead:|

Heres what you do, make Doom 3's Engine into a "Doom3.pho", Throw it in Flash, take FarCry's AI and make that into a "AI.pbo" Soon as Half Life 2 comes out, take that "Physics.pbo" Toss em together, and lets make our own damn OFP 2! Yea! Rock!

To everyone despairing over the release date, think about this: would you rather have a job done fast, or a job done right? wink_o.gif

To everyone despairing over the release date, think about this: would you rather have a job done fast, or a job done right?  wink_o.gif

That the point, but I think most people here are not really angry about the release date itself, but because of the fact, that it was CM who published it, and not BI wink_o.gif

Well we are still nowhere near the potential of OFP1 when it comes to gameplay so I don't mind about the delay. Especially as it will allow them to really go through their work and make sure it's working.

The last thing I would want is an excellent singleplayer but a multiplayer that could only be capable of Hexenkessel and that DM shit. So let them take their time and get towards a OFP2 that will please a lot more people.

Attention everyone: there is something weird with this thread - the last few comments have all posted twice. If you post and get an error message, jump back and refresh - chances are your comment has already been posted. We are looking into it now. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@bistudio.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

P.S. Don't bother emailing BIS, we have made relevant parties aware. wink_o.gif

Spam?

EDIT: strange things are afoot at the BI forums  ghostface.gif

EDIT2: banana, chocolate, spam... yummi...lol I'll stop now

EDIT3: to keep it on-topic; will we get the official word from you BIS guys on the delays (OFP2 and CWC Xbox) anytime soon? Perhaps you should update the gameinfos on the BIS site, so no more peeps get confused over the variety of dates for releases?

Moderators can't spam wink_o.gif I needed to post a bunch of replies to check if I'd fixed the errors by creating a new thread and merging it in, which has worked.

So the discussion can continue smile_o.gif

I don't know if any one cares but I got two emails from Codemasters. I asked if they had any info on the release dates etc. Basic answers without too much content.. :o)

Quote[/b] ]"The games have not been postponed it is just the developers are

concentrating their efforts on the game rather than updating the website,

more information will be available soon."

-Kind Regards Paul

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately release dates are very inaccurate until the game nears

completion. As Operation Flashpoint 2 is still some way from completion,

even if we specify a release date now, there is no guarantee that the game

will be released in that time frame. Any dates specified now are merely an

indicator.

Sorry - we are as frustrated as you are.

-Kind Regards Rob