Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

Its because of that god damn XBOX.son of a bitch I might just fucking get VBS1.Worth the money I could bye 7 VBS1's in the next 2 years.

Well the fucking game better be worth it BIS mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Bikecop - watch the language. That's totally uncalled for. If you're that upset about a game, maybe you need to take up gardening or knitting instead.

Cool !

Now we can get some new addons for OFP.

The Later, the Better.

**PAY ATTENTION**

I have no desire to close this topic, but if everyone is just going to complain about the new release date, I may as well just close the topic down. It's one thing to allow freedom of speech (which, I might add, is not guaranteed on these forums) but it's another thing to just leave a topic open to let people whine and moan ad nauseum.

Nobody is happy about the delay. I bet you BIS is not either. But it's a necessity. Live with it.

Therefore, if there is nothing more useful to say, this topic will have lost its usefulness and relevance and will be closed.

what would u deem as useful tho, we can't really BS eachother and say its a great idea (even if its needed). cuase that would be lying. sad_o.gif

If I am right, don't expect to see this post on this forum for very long.

I'll leave you to decide.

What did I tell you. wink_o.gif

For the sake of peace and unity on this forum though, I am very pleased that OFP will take this long to make. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has better games to play untill it does get released.

BIS, we love you. You would never dream of letting down your faithfull fans. smile_o.gif

I'm off out to spend a couple of hundred quid on VBS.

the worst fact is that BAS does not work together until Ofp2 is out.

Its nice to see a release date.Im looking forward to seeing more news about it in the future.

Delayed.... not at all suprised.

Whats with software companies and the tendency to screw-up release dates. Valve and HL2 ring a bell to anyone?

Why do so many people jump to their conclusions regarding OFP2 release-date? rock.gif

You all know BIS is probably the most generous developer you have heared of. Think of all the patches and addons you've got FOR FREE for OFP1.

I believe the main reason for a postponed release is added code and content.

I bet we will all (maybe not all, but most of us) be very happy for the delayed release once it has been finnished and released smile_o.gif

For those of you moaning about being done with college before OFP2 is out. Well... that's good for you. In case you did'nt notice, OFP is aimed to be a mature game for mature players wink_o.gif

i wouldnt trust the 2006 release date.

what says that they wont postpone it another 2 years after that.

best just to forget about ofp2 atm ..i sure will.

@shadow .. ohh the big update like resistance u mean?

nothing is for free . the bugfixes are common in every trade without cost.those patches was in my book allready payed for when i bought the 3 cds.

If OFP2 is being delayed because of Xbox and/or VBS, then maybe they should either stop those projects or delegate them to someone else. Or maybe get a larger dev. team.

You all know BIS is probably the most generous developer you have heared of. Think of all the patches and addons you've got FOR FREE for OFP1.

BIS is the best when it comes to communication with them.Every time Ive pm a dev ive alway git a response back.So if they want to take it easy and do it right than im all for it.And I hope others will respect there action aswell instead of acting like abunch of tit babies without any tit.

Not to mention the tools an docs to add your own content in everyway possibly.So please be cool with the decisions and go with the flow,And besides,BIS doesnt owe you a damn thing.

Strange, from all the positive thinking I've seen, none stated an obvious fact so far... by 2006 we'll all be running OFP in max viewing distance, with tons of stuff in sight, and no lagg because we upgraded our PCs at least one more time! (Considering the game came out in 1999...). tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Aug. 06 2004,23:30)]Strange, from all the positive thinking I've seen, none stated an obvious fact so far... by 2006 we'll all be running OFP in max viewing distance, with tons of stuff in sight, and no lagg because we upgraded our PCs at least one more time! (Considering the game came out in 1999...).  tounge_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

And we will all have to tone down the graphics to medium detail in OFP2 because it is made to last into the future and future hardware tounge_o.gif

And the game came out 21st June 2001 wink_o.gif

Ah quit crying and stop acting surprised.

There's NOTHING up at the official OFP2 website. No screenshots, no movies, no entirelyprescripted E3 demo.

Even games that are nothing like ready get shown at the E3.

That obviously meant at least late 2005.

They aren't doing this to "force" you into buying VBS1 or FlashpointXBox. They don't actually want you buying VBS1. Go read their FAQ:

Quote[/b] ]Q. Should I buy VBS1?

A. No. It's not a game. Don't buy it.

etc.

Just be glad that they are getting the time to do a proper job.

If that is because they are selling VBS1 (nothing to do with this delay. VBS1 = BIA. Flashpoint 2 = BIS) and FlashpointXBox then great. Flashpoint was a perfect idea ("War!") let down in some areas by what felt like rushed or even unfinished execution. More time = More ideas crammed in.

The games industry does, after all, run on money.

If you're thinking of buying VBS1 as an interim measure I'd suggest you take a long hard look at what it offers you for the money you'll be spending. It's not that different to Flashpoint. If the money is at all an issue, give it a miss.

What will keep Flashpoint alive is good missions and campaigns.

so that means 2006 = 2007 there allways late  biggrin_o.gif you all know how it go's atleast we know we will be battleing in 2007 in OFP2 i hope.. crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

good thing for Wargames Mod biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Actually, I'm also really happy about this.

Now I know that Codemasters is allowing more time for the BIS devs to work on all of the projects. It would be a disaster for everyone if ofp suffered the same publisher arguements as with Soldner.

Right now I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic so I guess I don't need to wait for anything tounge_o.gif

You guys should try playing more casual games. Other wargames just suck compared to OFP, and maybe you should play something like Korsun Pocket. smile_o.gif

Or watch Anime, something like that ghostface.gif

BIS, please be good and release a physics patch to fix the collision detection problems, so we can survive those 2 years. smile_o.gif

I would have to agree, they have managed to improve collision detection in VBS and improve the graphic quality, so if it is using the same engine, just how hard could it be for them to transfer some improvements made in VBS engine to the OFP engine....hell they could even charge for those improvements, no-one is asking for anything for free, just a continued support for this program until OFP II is released.

I completely agree. I would gladly pay for an add-on that included improved collision detection/response and other improvement from VBS1!

Its hard for us to wait but I think the wait will not be that hard. We have been playing OFP for 3 years now....whats 1.5 more years lol. Besides just think of all the cool stuff that going to be updated in OFP2! biggrin_o.gif

No big surprise...

Most is said already in here.

...but:

Could someone from BIS please come on here and confirm this? Or are we not worth it? It can't be that hard for someone from BIS to just pop in here and say "yup that's right... 2006 it is".

Another thing, is it BIS themselves of Codemasters who has made this projected date?

I have a seriously hard time thrusting publishers... especially when it comes to releasedates. Spring 2006 will then probably be more like september-december 2006... if not into 2007 sometime  sad_o.gif

Bottom line is that if this is true, OFP 2 is still at least 2 years away. Will the community survive this long? I certainly hope so (but I've been known as an hopeless optimistic...).

EDIT: just to prove my point in not trusting in publishers... check out the official Codies OFP Xbox site!

It still says spring 2004... crazy_o.gif

I'm not surprised by this. Games of this size at minimum take two years to make, with three years not being unusual, and quite a few going up to as much as five. The XBOX version not being done was a pretty obvious indicator.