Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

Frankly, after such a long time I need something new to play with, but unless the whole editing and modding community shifts onto VBS1 (which is very unlikely due to high costs), I don't see a way to achieve this with for so long.

I wonder if we have that bloody Xbox to blaim? That could be one of the reasons.

eh, or VBS1?

Anyway, Spring 2006 is kinda long away, means another PC upgrade. But there are other nice games by the time OFP2 is here, like HL2, Stalker crazy_o.gif

crazy_o.gif 2006 i´m almost 30

BIS c´mon hurry or i need stronger glasses and or a nurse before i can play OFP 2

yup, blame Xbox I say... damn thing mad_o.gif

Anyway at least they have given themseleves a lot of time to make it and they will probably, hopefully, finish before then so if they want they can release before the date given. It just gives them a realistic time to work to.

sim

Fuck!!!!!!. By that time. I'll be in the Australian Army. and nearly finsed the rifleman course sad_o.gif

I'm in a similar boat, chances are I'll be in the NZ Army doing officer training by the time the second part of 2006 rolls in (assuming that the Autumn date is based on the Northern Hemisphere calendar).

It would be nice to think that the target release date turns out to be false and we get OFP2 enjoyment next year, but if not, getting frustrated will not speed up its release.

What BIS could do to occupy us until 2006 is release Flashpoints source code to the modding community wink_o.gif

In my opinion, there is a serious chance of the community dwindling away.

One thing that could defer this is more consolidation of mod and addon teams and most important: getting more people to produce quality missions and campaigns.

But I've been saying that all along. smile_o.gif

I'm quoting out of a German Forum a post from lester, I think he's damn right:

Quote[/b] ]Das wird eine verdammt lange Zeit werden und ich glaube nicht das die wenigen verbliebenden Projekte diese lange Zeit füllen können.

Imho sind wirklich echte Innovationen kaum noch mit den doch recht gut ausgeloteten Möglichkeiten machbar,

auch wenn ich noch einige (allerdings viel kleinere) Ideen hätte/noch auf der Liste hab.

Gescheite Planung ist imho definitiv anders, schlußendlich muß sich BIS nicht wundern,

wenn zwischendurch tatsächlich eine echte Konkurenz auftaucht und die Masse der verbliebenen Comunitiy hinfortreisst

Translation

This will be a damn long time and I do not believe, that the remaining projects can fill up this time. At the moment real inovation is limited through the OFP engine, and the possibilities are nearly exhausted, even if I got a few more ideas, but nothing special.

Clever planing is definitly something else and finally BIS doesn't have to wonder, if until 2006 other good games come out, and the remaining community moves over to these games.

I hope I've translated it will enough, but it expresses my own opinion very well. sad_o.gif

What to do now? How can I find something to do, is there a therapy group out there that helps me to find back to life and fill the space.

well, if you read this you´re right there tounge_o.gif

--

for me too buying vbs1 is getting more & more imaginable..

if i´d only won in hte lottery ugly.gif

Quote[/b] ]In my opinion, there is a serious chance of the community dwindling away.
our therapy group dying ?? please nooo sad_o.gif

Sad news, but surely BIS won't leave us out in the cold for long.

Might even mean some extra goodies for OFP1 if we're nice. tounge_o.gif

No, I think by now the community is no longer connected by the game only, but by a certain OFP-culture biggrin_o.gif. I doubt this community is gonna break apart.

I will stay to the bitter end, I like the forum, I like the members, I like the topics being discussed here... and I will soon be back for multiplayer sessions.

BUT we have to think whether we switch to VBS. The only problem is, the younger ones will not be able to follow (pretty costly). But by now 50% of the members in this forum are not regular OFP-players anymore.. but come to this forum to meet old friends and have a good talk.

Dont be so pessimistic. Let me remind you when OFP got out. The first time I logged on here was to ask only one short question about a mission,,, and see how it ended....I molested you with nearly 5000 comments since. Nah ... I stay! smile_o.gif

2006? i cant see 2006 on that page. it says coming in 2004

[think positive]At least there isn`t any meteorit speeding up to Earth to mark our extinction until 2006[/think positive]

We can only speculate that is the case. Be fore-warned... boogeywoogeywoogy!

This news brings good and bad prospects depending on your disposition.

I dont understand why BIS dont say anything about ofp2, looks like they cant talk about that, i dont understand, one year ago, marek make 2 or 3 interviews, say things like three theatres in ofp2, etc..., but last year BIS suddenly stop speak about ofp2, and thats makes me fell sad, i dont undestand why they dont want to say anything about ofp2 even they know that ofp have a very very big community behind sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

PD: Sorry for my bad english

PD2: Could be nice that now someone from BIS say anything about the release date....

I would have been happier if i had heard it from BIS first.

you are not alone....

I really hope this is worth the wait. And I hope we get more information about OFP2 in the meantime.

Most people believed that OFP2 would be postponed.

But only few ever thought that it would be postponed until 2006!

I'll tell you this much, if i have to wait till 2006 this better the best f**king game Ever. or im gonna be pissed

2006 is worse than I expected, but I really hope the time is used for some serious improvements. Ah well, glad I got me VBS for the time... wink_o.gif

2006 mad_o.gif

but.. think like this.. how longer it takes = better result !!

Oh yeah: If it's still 1 1/2 years away, please consider to give us a patch or two. wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Hardly a surprise I'd say. To be honest, I don't care. I have always loved OFP, still love it, and will love it for ages to come. Still no game at the horizon that rivals OFP.

This news just inspires me to continue working on OFP1 stuff. Maybe it will inspire other mod-makers too?