Sign in to follow this  
-=BT=- Matty R

OFrP New Releases!!!

goOb, that was a really bad translation, GRG (Granatgevär) is NOT even close to RPG... its more Grenade rifle (yes, that is the litteral translation)

so it is more accurate to call it Recoilless (grenade) rifle, then to call it anything with rocket...

however, the HEAT 751 does have a rocket engine to increase the effective range of the rifle....

and, besides, the pic you showed of the ammunition is the ammunition in swedish service, thats far from all sorts thats available...

like the one i mentioned, HEAT 751 is NOT on the pic...

i´ll even be nice and add a link to the manufacturer the Carl gustaf anti tank recolless rifle

check in the "products by category" menu...

Weapon systems - infantry systems - Carl-gustaf

Bah tounge_o.gif Cheers man, some good reading atleast smile_o.gif

What part of that wasn't a good signal to end the argument? tounge_o.gif

Also, I think I have found an issue (?) with the Mirage 2000D BGL bombs.

On Tonali1 I placed a Mirage2000D with a destroy waypoint affixed to a rebel tank. And I placed myself as a OFrP soldier with a laser designator a few 100 metres from the rebel tank. I wait, I wait and then I see the aircraft circling around above the tank. None of it's two BGL bombs had been released.

I played out the same scenario with a BIS laser designator soldier and a A10 LGB, and that worked just fine. It might just have been a one time thing though...

guess i skipped the post that explained and just wrot a new post ....

DAMN..... i gotta lern to read ALL the post before answeing....

oh well.... there are stuff about the AT4 on the page i linked to, and about a whole bunch of other stuff ;)

the OFrP chopper dust looks awesome , the best i saw until now in an OFP air addon.

But, i noticed in some of a bit more "intensive" missions situations that the OFrP chopper dust is really killing my framerate , (as it occurs when i am on ground and a puma is creating dust by hovering near me.) , very annoying as i am near a slideshow sometime.

Is it possible to disable the chopper dust, or at least to make it more simple like the ECP one that never kill my framerate even in intensive situation ?

Or am i doomed to only create very simple mission (where the OFrP chopper dust does not challenge the framerate) when using OFrP choppers on my system ?

Is it possible to disable the chopper dust, or at least to make it more simple like the ECP one that never kill my framerate even in intensive situation ?

Please read the Readme.txt. tounge_o.gif

We had a hard time translating in a tongue we don't master smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](d).To deactivate the dust smoke, simply type in a trigger : OFrP_duster0=true

It advised to deactivate the dust scritp in MP games.

GoOb, I've posted at home your question.

But maybe you should try that (also inluded in the readme.txt)

Quote[/b] ]©.In a mission where only the LGB have to be used (Mirage 2000-D >>> laser target) it is better to remove the 2 Magic-II AA missiles if the aircraft is plioted by IA : This removeweapon "OFrP_MagicLauncherk"

SPQR, the Zivolv0307's killer machine biggrin_o.gif

what readme is this ?

On my "Infos OFrP_Air" folder, on the text file (i did not count the insignes ones),  i have (translated in both french and english)

Quote[/b] ]Winch

The winch is easy to use. At the start, the chopper and the units which a aboard do have an "activate winch" action. When it's triggered, 3 new actions do appear :

stop winch

insertion with winch

lower the cable

stop winch : ... it stops the winch ;)

insertion with winch : the unit which triggers the action is inserted with the winch. Note that even the pilot can be inserted, which causes the chopper to fall.

lower the cable : it lowers the cable and allows somebody to enter in the horse collar.

When the cable is lowered, there is only one action available : get the cable back.

Everything is automatic excepted to enter and get out of the horse collar when on the ground, where you have to trigger (or ask the IA to trigger) the action to use it.

Notes on the winch actions :

Those actions are not classic useractions, they are created via an addaction. The use of this command allows to give orders to units under your command. While selecting your unit with the F1 to F12 keys you will be able to give it the order to use the actions which are shown in the menu "6".

Example :

The F2 unit is the pilot of the chopper, and it is flying while you are on the ground. You want to be extracted with the winch in this chopper.

You have to press :

F2 : selects the pilot

6 : enters the "actions" menu

Start the winch : action

Then you lower the cable :

lower cable : action

The pilots lowers the cable and adjuste its height. You only have to get in and ask the pilot to get you in the chopper :

get the cable back : action

The end of the sequence is automatic.

Scripts were also included to realize automatic sequence. To start them, simply execute reserved global variables wich contain the character string containing the script access :

Make an unit to get out using the winch : [TheChopper,TheUnitToPutOut] exec OfrP_PumaTTreuilout

Extract an unit with the winch : [TheChopper,TheUnittoGetIn] exec OfrP_PumaTTreuilin

You can find those examples in the demo mission included with the Air Pack. Those scripts are to be used at waypoints or triggers, if you use them another way (like in scripts), be aware that tey were not tested for those applications.

Rappelling

The rappelling works individually, you have to give the order to each unit to rappel after you have lowered the cable with the actions (like with the winch).

You also can command the rappelling with a script command like with the winch :

[Puma2,units RappelGroup] exec OFrP_PumaTRappel

Puma2 is the name of the chopper, rappelGroup is a group (this parameter is an array)

To keep an ascendant compatibility, the older rappelling script is still present.

Grappe

The grappe is a fast way of moving, there is only one action : get the grappe out. Then, you only have to get in the grappe. The capacity of the grappe is 6 men. There is no test on the height and the pilot can do whatever he wants, including making the lower part collide with the ground.

Is there something i deleted by mistake that i shouldn't have ?

Thanks for the answer on the dust, it will be very usefull.

BTW , i understand french, as i am french tounge_o.gif

in OFrP_Air_v2.0RC1 folder you have Infos OFrP_Air folder and in it you have Readme WinchlRappel&Grappe.txt

Thanks

I have finally found this readme text file, for unknown reason i had put it in another mod folder.

silly me, really biggrin_o.gif

This one:

Quote[/b] ]------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

OPERATION FRENCHPOINT / www.ofrp.net

##  ####   ###       ##  # ###

#  # #      #  #     #  # # #  #

#  # ### ## ###      #### # ###

#  # #   #  #        #  # # # #

##  #   #  #        #  # # #  #

FENCH ARMED FORCES -pack Air-

version 2 RC1    17/08/2004

Copyright 2002-2004 OFrP

File: OFrP_Air.pbo

Size: 39,0 Mo

The air packs now depends on the following packs : OFrP_Armes, OFrP_Infanterie, OFrP_Objets

There is an example missions demonstrating the use of the new winch in the "missions" folder that you can load in the editor.

(1) Installation:

-----------------

You have to have an 1.91 or above version of OFP.

Place the OFrP_Air.pbo file in the folder \Addons ou \Res\Addons in your OFP folder.

The units of the Air pack are accessible in the editor in :

-Camp: Resistance

-Class: OFrP - Air

-Units:

--- SA-330 Puma >>> Transport chopper, unarmed

--- SA-330 Puma Pirate >>> Close air support chopper, armed with a 20 mm gun

--- SA-330 Puma Rappel >>> Transport chopper equiped with 2 winches for rappelling, unarmed (uses the version 1 script)

--- SA-330 Puma DAOS >>> Transport chopper equiped with a winch, unarmed

--- SA-330 Puma RESCO >>> SAR chopper, equiped with a winch and an AN-F1 MG

--- SA-341 Gazelle canon >>> Combat chopper, armed with an 20 mm gun

--- SA-342 Gazelle Mistral >>> Combat choppert, armed with 4 Mistral AA missiles

--- SA-342 Gazelle HOT >>> Combat chopper, armed with 4 HOT2 missiles

--- AS-555 Fennec >>> Protection and rescue chopper, unarmed

--- AS-365N2 Panther >>>> Protection and rescue chopper, unarmed

--- Jaguar-A R550 >>> Fighter (air defense), armed with 4 Magic II AA missiles

--- Jaguar-A R550+LRF1 >>> Fighter (conventionnal assault), armed with 2 Magic II AA missiles and 36 rockets

--- Jaguar-A R550+BAT >>> Fighter (conventionnal assault), armed with 2 Magic II AA missile and 24 BAT tactical support bombs

L> the 3 models are available in 3 camo schemes : Europe, Iraq & Tchad

--- Mirage 2000-C >>> Fighter (air defense), armed with 4 Magic II AA missiles

--- Mirage 2000-D >>> Fighter (conventionnal), armed with 2 Magic II AA missiles and 7 Laser Guided Bombs (LGB)

-Class: OFrP - Infantry

-Units:

--- Helicopter Pilot

--- Fighter Pilot

For more information on this addon, please visit OFrP's site : www.ofrp.net

(2) Usage

----------

(a).It's possible to remove the flares if they are creating problems in a mission or an intro. To do it, simply put in the init field of the unit :

This removeweapon "OFrP_flarelauncher70"

Or, ti simply remove the weapons while still having the launcher : This removemagazines "OFrP_flarelauncher70"

Here are the names of the flare-launchers of this pack :

Pumas : OFrP_Flarelauncher70

Gazelles : OFrP_Flarelauncher32

Fennec : OFrP_Flarelauncher32

Jaguars & Mirages : OFrP_Flarelauncher

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

(b).A smoke script made by Drakkhen is in this pack (Scripts folder >> fumee.sqs), to use it, simply type in the init field of the unit : [this,50] exec "\OFrP_Air\Scripts\fumee.sqs" . To increase or decrease the lengh of the smoke trail, you can change the 50 valor.

©.In a mission where only the LGB have to be used (Mirage 2000-D >>> laser target) it is better to remove the 2 Magic-II AA missiles if the aircraft is plioted by IA : This removeweapon "OFrP_MagicLauncherk"

(d).To deactivate the dust smoke, simply type in a trigger : OFrP_duster0=true

It advised to deactivate the dust scritp in MP games.

(e).When a pilot ejects from a Jaguar, he does quit his former group and joins another group named "EjectedTeam", Simply give the same name to an SAR chopper (as leader), so it can find where the pilot is only by uning [5][5] (report status). In SP if this pilot is an IA, it will automatically rescue the downed pilots. However, this script doesn't work in MP, and it can even crash dedicated servers.

If the ejected pilot as fallen at sea, an inflatable boat is automatically generated.

To deactivate this script (ejection & inflatable boat), juste type in a trigger : OFrP_eject0=true

(f).

To activate the afterburner action, type in the Mirage's init field : this animate [{Initcombustion},1]

To force the IA to use the AB in a Mirage :

[name] exec "\OFrP_Air\Scripts\Chasseurs\combustion.sqs"

To ask the IA to stop using the AB :

[name] exec "\OFrP_Air\Scripts\Chasseurs\combustionfin.sqs"

Replace "name" by the name of the aircraft.

(3) Copyright

-------------

This package is freeware

Users or distributors cannot ask for payment in any form, for this package. This package is protected by international copyright law.

The project was one year in the making, and although it is planned that it shall be distributed as freeware, the authors reserve the right to utilize any portion of the work for commercial purposes in the future.  All rights reserved.

All elements of this package are freeware.

This product, whether in beta form or final form, may not be transferred to CD-ROM or any temporary or permanent media (diskette, ZIP diskette, tape, video, etc. without written permission of the authors.

The package or any part of it, may not form part at any time, of any free media, distributed as part of a commercial, shareware or any other non-free type of product  as a book, a magazine, a video or other type of media, without the written permission of their authors.

The package, or any portion thereof, may not be uploaded to any site or redistributed without the written permission of the authors.

Finally, this package must remain intact as it is currently distributed.

-Team OFrP

Thanks to Aurélie Aynié (Dassault Aviation) for the pictures of the Mirage 2000's cockpit

Thanks to "Little Vanhoute" (www.littlevanhoute.fr.st) for it's pictures

Thanks to "Napalm02" for it's photos

Thanks

I have finally found this readme text file, for unknown reason i had put it in another mod folder.

silly me, really biggrin_o.gif

well thank you, but as i have previously said, i finally found it

wink_o.gif

GoOb, I've posted at home your question.

But maybe you should try that (also inluded in the readme.txt)

Quote[/b] ]©.In a mission where only the LGB have to be used (Mirage 2000-D >>> laser target) it is better to remove the 2 Magic-II AA missiles if the aircraft is plioted by IA : This removeweapon "OFrP_MagicLauncherk"

The aircraft had no AA missiles... Infact it didn't even fire at the tank. But maybe it didn't work properly because I set the ammunition slider to near 0 (which gave the Mirage 1 BGL bomb and about 32 rounds of the DEFA cannon)

Thank you for these kickass addons OFRP team! I simply love them and play with them all the time now.

Oh and i think this is the first addon that actually has got the AT4(CS) (named BTL in OFrP i think?) firing sound atleast somewhat right, not the silly "whooossh" type of sound that all other AT4 addons does. It should be a loud high pitched explosion type of sound when you fire the weapon and you guys got it almost right (could be a bit louder still) biggrin_o.gif I hope someone does that for the Carl Gustav too. It should sound like a big explosion when it´s fired.. irl you almost crap in your pants when you fire it due to its tremendous noice and the pressure the blast creates hehe tounge_o.gif SFP almost got it right, the sound is accurate but the noise is stil to weak imo.

Anyways, good luck with the work OFrP team. Looking forward to more highquality stuff from you guys!

Gongrata's very good! They look a treat with the new mission demo's.It's just to bad that my old colection of missions that worked with the last pack you released now have the old CWC us soldiers instead of french infantary.(i know i'm a moanin old git). ps because i'm english it took me a long time to track down missions for this mod.Campaign i care was one of the best but now to that plays with us infantary to!

Why are the french units on the resistance side? Isn't france in nato?

because it allows to play against east units and west units, so having more different stories than if they were under west, i guess!! smile_o.gif

well you could change the side of a west unit to east or res by putting a east men in command of the team by dragging a group line to him

i really love your addons but i was wundering if you where still working on a Rafale ?

Recognition of a vehicle side don't rely on it's crew side... put an east unit in a west plane and put him in front of a normal west plane+crew... the normal west plane won't attack before the other attacks him.

Playing with sides is an uncertain behavioral trick.

this addon kickass indeed

however i couldnt get units entering the chopper after cable in action, is that a problem with the script or it just me?? rock.gif

I've searched the Readme files but i cant find any ammunition for the M203 grenade launcher except the BIS grenade..Seeing as this is an infantry support weapon shouldn't the user have more rounds so as to give greater covering fire.Its a pain in the ass when you only have 3 grenades..I would appreciate it if you could consider making the Grenadelauncher mag to fit 1 carrying space instead of 2 or even better a bag of 12 that takes up 3 spaces...Just like BAS or Earl and Sucheys marines...

Does anyone know if it would be possible to script a trigger (for example when east/armoured detected) so you could have a milan team assemble and fire? ie. you have one unit with a milan added (This addWeapon {OFrP_MilanLP}; [This] exec {\OFrP_Objets\Scripts\Milan\Milandem\InstallActionMilan.sqs}) and another with the ammo. You have a trigger (or appropriate waypoint) to activate when East armoured detected - how do you have the AI milan gunner assemble the weapon, get in it, have the ammo bearer supply, and then fire? I understand how to order them to do it if you are squad leader, but how do you have AI troopers do it independently?

The planemakers could learn a lot from the Jaguar's HUD smile_o.gif

Try this:

For assemble weapon:

[unit,unit,1000] exec {\OFrP_Objets\Scripts\Milan\Milandem\MonterMilan.sqs}

For having variable of create milan try a nearestobject

milancreate = nearestobject [theUnit,{OFrP_Milan}]

Then a getin in

Last for ammo

[MilanCreate,theunitwithammo] exec {\OFrP_Objets\Scripts\Milan\Milandem\ApproMilanuser.sqs}

Not test.

ok bit of fiddling but got it working - thanks uiox!

for those who are interested -

unit 1 (name bob, milan launcher added)

unit 2 (name bill, milan ammo added)

trigger 1 - east detected by (resistance)

on activation = [bob,bob,1000] exec {\OFrP_Objets\Scripts\Milan\Milandem\MonterMilan.sqs};mil1 = true

trigger 2 - condition mil1

timeout min/med/max = 3/3/3

on activation = milancreate = nearestobject [bob,{OFrP_Milan}];mil2 = true

trigger 3 - condition mil2

on activation = bob moveInGunner milancreate;mil3 = true

trigger 4 - condition mil3

on activation = [milancreate,bill] exec {\OFrP_Objets\Scripts\Milan\Milandem\ApproMilanuser.sqs}

pop an enemy tank down, they spot it, assemble the launcher, get in it, load it and take out the tank- all on their own. Very nice!

pop an enemy tank down, they spot it, assemble the launcher, get in it, load it and take out the tank- all on their own. Very nice!

Thx good job cegorach smile_o.gif

For test biggrin_o.gif