Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Lets make our own VBS1

i think they could drop the price on purchacing the full product like they havn't made enough money from it allready

i live in Canada it would run about 800 bucks now thats just out of hand.....

It isn't a game. It's a simulation. It was never meant to be purchased and used by end users. It was meant to be purchased and used as a training tool. Saying that it's "out of hand" is like claiming that the extremely high pricetags on flight simulators manufactured for the military are somehow "wrong" because they aren't affordable to the general public.

I'd wager that BIS has made quite a tidy sum from VBS licencing and sales, and that is a good thing since it will help ensure their survival. I think that it's pretty safe to say that a good portion of BIS' proceeds from VBS are going towards OFP 2's development.

If you read the FAQ it's like "This is not a game. Don't buy it.".

The pricing does not reflect VBS1's value as a game (9 sample missions, no campaign etc. etc.)

It has more to do with what VBS1 can do for you in terms of training.

If it's a game you're after, I'd stick with res.

It's simply not possible. You'd have to modify the Engine, which is against most Agreements. Hell, you'd need a whole group of programmers that'll have to work for free (unless your rich and would pay them to do it) on their own time. It's just not worth the time and effort to simulate a simulator (VBS1) on an engine thats more than 3 years old. If you have VBS1 good for you, but if you don't, you better not get your hopes up. It's best to stick with what BIS gave you, Resistance and wait for their upcoming Operation Flashpoint 2 and maybe even Independence Lost. Besides, with what you have done and probably what you have planned, your "Mod" would probably be done after OFP2 has been released, and by then, would have been a total waste of time and would be of no use to the new OFP Engine.

Just my 1 cent... This discussion is not even worth 2 cents.

It's simply not possible. You'd have to modify the Engine, which is against most Agreements. Hell, you'd need a whole group of programmers that'll have to work for free (unless your rich and would pay them to do it) on their own time. It's just not worth the time and effort to simulate a simulator (VBS1) on an engine thats more than 3 years old. If you have VBS1 good for you, but if you don't, you better not get your hopes up. It's best to stick with what BIS gave you, Resistance and wait for their upcoming Operation Flashpoint 2 and maybe even Independence Lost. Besides, with what you have done and probably what you have planned, your "Mod" would probably be done after OFP2 has been released, and by then, would have been a total waste of time and would be of no use to the new OFP Engine.

Just my 1 cent... This discussion is not even worth 2 cents.

So you are saying if I wanted to bring an AH1 Cobra from VBS1 to OFP, I would need to modify the game engine, and would'nt be possible?

Explain.

I find that funny, knowing that there are thousands of addons in the community.

When all of a sudden is mod making illegal?

I'm not talking about ripping off VBS1 things and importing them into OFP.  I'm talking about

Quote[/b] ]So I was thinking a mod team should get together and build a free mod, and get it as identical as possible to VBS1.

And he's claiming I would need to have programmers rock.gif

In that case it's not really making VBS1 you're talking about, it's making some very high quality modern warfare oriented mods.

In that case it's not really making VBS1 you're talking about, it's making some very high quality modern warfare oriented mods.

Well that's what VBS1 basically is..

These forums aren't for discussing VBS1, while I have no problem with discussions about the concept of this Flashpoint mod idea anything else is not acceptable and will be dealt with.

Well I like they Idear but some of the addons in VBS are already free for use Earls AK74 and SAW is good exampels eventho they are better in OFP(no design flawes).

And the computer demands My freind has the game and it runes on his 950 mhz mostly whit out lag the soldiers and guns textures might not be so high but its okay.

NOW back to OFP the idear or downloading a complete make over of OFP is good but but but when its much over 100 mb I think some will avoide downloading it I reasently got ADSL biggrin_o.gif but it would be too much.

Well you could make small addons packs like in VBS but then comes the big questions ho should make them, should we use addosn already out there ho should then decide which? You could let me but my standards is so high that most would not pass(shame on you STGN they do a realy good job and work hard on there addons and you cant injoye when you just looks for isues and rong duings) and meany problery has a lower one than mine that is at least what it sometimes sound like so here is another problem will most be satisfied? They could just not download it well would this project mater then?

STGN

i have a plan !

it will be more easy than mod ofp...

buy some grenades,ak47 (you can find it a +- 100 dollars in belgium but illegaly) buy an rpg too

go to the nearest USMC base and strike it, steal the famous simulator and go out ! tounge_o.gif

hey could someone can make an missions where you have to steal VBS1 ? smile_o.gif

go to the nearest USMC base and strike it, steal the famous simulator and go out !  tounge_o.gif

Somehow I think that attacking a base full of United States Marines will not end up with such a result  wink_o.gif

When all of a sudden is mod making illegal?

I'm not talking about ripping off VBS1 things and importing them into OFP.  I'm talking about

Quote[/b] ]So I was thinking a mod team should get together and build a free mod, and get it as identical as possible to VBS1.

And he's claiming I would need to have programmers  rock.gif

Edit: Just read Placebo's post... [bELETED!]

9 persons on 10 have already resistance but vbs1...

plz can someone could make an vbs1 box ? and do a mission ? plz i want to steal it lol

you know what i think about this i think its a .....great idea im mean sure things look hard now but over time they can be overcome wwllec mod have soldier models featuring two rifles and a pistol all they did was make a new animation engine im sure if a very well known and respected addon/mod maker asked them real nice they would let us use it next obsticule multi weapon tank/aircraft/boat col klink has made a script that works and over time that will get better and we could probably use jpeg for new faces and a improved version dreamyknights anim pack then we make a new engine its got be flexible but have vbs1 traits but its all quite possible

the f***** things is that: no game can replace OFP while we wait OFP2 :'(

(i think about soldner  biggrin_o.gif )

Bad idea, you wouldnt find enough talented people who could make all those units with the same quality in less than 2 years wink_o.gif .

But seeing has they did use some of our wishes and ideas in VB.. you could make a snake and a camel or some other animals like crocodiles or tigers...

I will enjoy OPFR with what is already made for it (and there is alot) and with what is still to come and when i get bored play other great games that are about to be released.

OPF2 will come...one day smile_o.gif .

Ive tried to do alittle something like this.But it never happened.Before i knew it I was bored with the idea.I guess I wasnt motavated enough.Who knows