Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Matrix APU

While every attempt was made to keep to the original APU in the movie, playability was not to be compromised and kept within ofp's engine capability.

matrix2.jpg

This is not intended for a general release, only for beta testing. Those that are lucky enuff to download it from the geocities site, please let me know the bugs so that it can be corrected b4 a general release. Thanks. Have fun. smile_o.gif

Download:-

www.geocities.com/philcommando/PCAPU.zip

wow_o.gif . Philcommando, I've wanted a mech that has the config of a human for ages. Just wondering if you could make one like in this pic? It sould have all the anims of soldiers but as tall as your APU's.

agamemnon.jpg

edit: I was able to d/load them :P

Cap.

Looking good. Contact Hooahman, he'll sort you out with a mirror (he should be back today) wink_o.gif

Edit: Slap me on msn (Munk_D@hotmail.com) and I'll sort out a temporary mirror until somebody can provide a better one

it is possible, C4P741N..the way to do it was in the config all the time.( nice mech by the way). Just get the selections correct and use something similiar with my configmoves and viola!!! MECH WARS IN OFP!!!! tounge_o.gif ...( this will definately make the guys over at ofpec  and guys here who hanker for realistic military stuff scream bloody murder and churn in their blood!!!  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

PS..with the new cfgmoves, at least your mech wont prone or moveincargo in an undersize jeep if u dont want them too!!..even finally got the sound to work right( not perfect) this time..

hm, i think the legs look strange, like I said i made also a APU Model, and, yeah way too much faces, but the one that wanted that i create that model said high poly, so *lol*

hey ville lets see your pics instead, no 2 person will have the same adaption of the model, the more the better off everyone will be, furthermore i certainly aint a good addonmaker, ... if u have problem putting it ingame, try my cfgmoves..oughta be able to help..

as for the size..i use the original blueprints from the apu site..to approximate scale.

mhm, its a bit too slow, but fun anyway biggrin_o.gif

altough a moonwalking battlemech is kinda weird wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hey ville lets see your pics instead, no 2 person will have the same adaption of the model, the more the better off everyone will be, furthermore i certainly aint a good addonmaker, ... if u have problem putting it ingame, try my cfgmoves..oughta be able to help..

as for the size..i use the original blueprints from the apu site..to approximate scale.

hei please dont understand me wrong i like your model, i dont wanna piss you off wink_o.gif just like i said i think the legs are a little bittle "unnatural" biggrin_o.gif

ok possible that its the real size, i dont remember the movie exactly but i thought its only a bout the doublesize of a soldier....

my one will probably never be ingame cause its too detailed (like you said would create tooooooooo many lags) then i dont have somebody to animate it (what probably a hard thing is with this legs) then i dont really have much time to work on it cause i work in 2 mods and cause i have a girlfriend now biggrin_o.gif (BTW my first one)

but if you want you could have it maybe you can low poly it a bit and put it also ingame (but i ONLY have the model yet, no LOD no texture, nothing)

greets ville

and sorry again i didnt want to nerve you

I found a way to destroy it without firing a single round. UKF Bayonet, 1 stab and bob's your uncle wink_o.gif

I found a way to destroy it without firing a single round. UKF Bayonet, 1 stab and bob's your uncle wink_o.gif

lol, thats great!!! biggrin_o.gif

Cut the wires wink_o.gif

This is excellent phil. The whole way you worked around getting a mech to walk like a human. My patlabor team could really use this information....

Phil, i know you don't usually work outside of your own interests, but please, how about a suggestion from me, eh?

Philcommando, EXCELLENT WORK!!! Damn, you're one of the most creative addon-makers this community has, and we love you for it! Stay bold as usual!!

As a comment to the mech itself, I noticed that whilst walking, it tends to tip down on the left a little too much, wouldn't you agree? But I don't care, I love it anyways... biggrin_o.gif Way to GO!!!

Edit: Here are some BIG Pictures!

King of the Hill Mountain Rangers:

Skyehigh.jpg

Big Bad Boyz in Town! :

BigBoyzInTown.jpg

Thanks for your comments, links and pics. As this is an initial model perhaps others may develope further on it. Seems like we can create our own ofp2 or at least free up BIS's time to develope further other areas in the engine and sell ofp cheaper to us, after all, with so many high quality addons created by the talented mod community, it certainly had attracted many people to this game, heck!..just ofp1 at 5 bucks now can translate into 5,000,000 smackeroos in worldwide sales, from siberia russia to research centre folks in south pole!

PS:- ville, no worries, i dont get piss off easily..i always try to look at things constructively..like it i work at it, dont like the comments just ignore it..but i believe that as a community, we got to work and encourage one another, everyone will benefit one way or another...thats why its a community here and manage to survive so long.