Sign in to follow this  
Noone

IDF mod

Thanks for the links... Investigating further biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback, but let us leave politics to the OFF-TOPIC forum, OK ?

Only MOD disscusission here, no politics ! Please people don't fight here ! (At least in this thread), OK ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Jan. 09 2002,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the links... Investigating further<span id='postcolor'>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi....180.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi....282.stm

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mi-24.htm (some of the pics seem to be Syrian Hinds)

I think it's a good idea to first check all the skin addons that have already been developed, as some might be identical or similar to those you're looking for.

Thanks, theavonlady !

All i found in add-ons are Iraqi stuff... Not exactly what we need. They are a bit different from Syrians and Egyptians...

BTW there are two sources i am digging right now, you might also want to take look :

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Parliament/2587/399.html

Many interesting images...

http://www.hejleh.com/countries/syria.html

Just heaps of stuff... Syria stuff...

There are 3 types of camo uniforms in SelectThis' Desert Malden Island addon. You should check if the Russian or resistance soldiers there are close to what you need. I wouldn't know.

I wouldn't limit a search to ME country military skins. Some other countrys might have similar uniforms and someone might have already produced a skin for it.

Ok...thank's Noon (thank's AL), good luck with the mod.

About the Israeli vs Palestinian issue...it's been genetically proven beyond any doubt that the Israeli and the Palestinian originate from the exact same ethnic group not that long ago.

So being an Israeli or Palestinian playing OFP, it doesn't really matter much which side You choose, as You either way will be playing "as Yourself" in that respect. wink.gif

Take care

Jellybelly

ALLLLRRRIGHHTT!

Think I should tell my opinion, too!

First: I will include Palistinians! And Yes, they will have weapons! And yes I would like to see a mission were you would play one of them. I'm not kidding.. it's better two show all sides of the conflict I guess.

Second: The UH-60 -> I'll do a darker version if you want, although I don't think we'll be flying arround VIPs in the mod. I heard there are also desert camo uh-60s in use - so maybe I'll do one of them if i have time. confused.gif

Thierd: All further discussions specialized on the IDF mod should be discussed on the original IDF mod community site/forum wink.gif

the IDF mod community site

1 post deleted as it was inflammatory.

This is a game forum, this is a mod for the game, if you don't want to play it don't download it, please post political threads on a political forum, not here, thank you smile.gif

I've got already pics of the egyptian and syrian camo pattern - so makeing their basic skins is no problem anymore.

However, I don't know what they really look like ( mean: flakwests? american/sowjet style? tags? ranks?)

I even don't know how they call the army's there - Syrian Defence Forces? Syrian Army? Syrian Freedom Forces?? Same with egypt...

BTW: More then 80 people have already been on our community site today.. NOT BAD!

Thats why additional research is needed. I am working really hard now on digging up material. Bought two book today :-)

We need to find more data. Try searching the internet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vipersheart @ Jan. 10 2002,16:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way: Should we include Shayetet 13???  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Speaking of Shyetet 13, have you seen Apache's ACH assault ship?

ach_assaultship.jpg

Personally, I think you're loading too much stuff onto your wish list.

Also, if it helps, I have a few IDF naval craft picks in my Latrun article, such as this Zaharon:

zaharon_01.jpg

Yeah, maybe we want to do too much..

I guess we should stop this public discussions about it.

Its better when we discuss those stuff on the IDF mod community site's (IDFmcs) forum - everyone with ideas or who wants to participate should post there :-)

I have started working on Egyptian army. Take a look at the screen shots :

ofp_egy_bmp1.jpg

ofp_egy_bmp2.jpg

egy_bmp_4.jpg

Those Israeli vehicles look awesome! when can we download them smile.gif? An Israeli Cobra or Apache would be cool!

Please include skins for the following if and when U get the time:

South Lebanese army (basicly Isreali bit dif logo on arm)

Druze Milita

Some Phalange Milita guys

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ Jan. 12 2002,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please include skins for the following if and when U get the time:

South Lebanese army (basicly Isreali bit dif logo on arm)

Druze Milita

Some Phalange Milita guys<span id='postcolor'>

OK, adding ZADAL is no problem, but Druze Militia - do they have different uniform ? Never paid attention to that. Always thought they are part of ZAHAL.

Phalange Milita - who are those ? Never heard of them. \Do you know how they are called in hebrew ?

The Phalagists were were Christian militas. The Gamayels had one milita, I think they were called the Tigers. They wore like off the shelf combat uniforms and used M16's mostly. The Druze would wear a mix of civie and military stuff. They really had little support from anyone, and had more nieghbourhood militas. No real central organization.