Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

OFP2 - Rainbow Six

We have a mission planner, press "M" it brings up a map! You can add waypoints for your team directly onto it like you can in R6.

I don`t think It`s like in R6...

I want to add some simple waypoints before the mission.

In game waypoints are like f-keys commands, it`s all real-time commanding (Ghost Recon?), i think, with or without the map it`s the same situation.

If you want a CQC anti-terrorist game, see Tom Clancy; if you want a large scale war, play OFP.  I rather not have one compromised to satisfy the other.

--Ben

Oh really?

Red Storm Rising

Debt of Honor

Executive Orders

The Bear and the Dragon

Teeth of the Tiger

All by Tom Clancy. Informed statements are the most valuable weaponry in the war of words.

Quote[/b] ]the G-11 is not a modern gun, it's 20 years old.

The Armalite series are about 40 years old now tounge_o.gif

I'm pretty sure you will be able to customize your gun before mission time in OFP2...

because honestly it would be stupid to leave this very key feature out of any future combat simulation games.

Quote[/b] ]the G-11 is not a modern gun, it's 20 years old.

The Armalite series are about 40 years old now  tounge_o.gif

Depends on how you look at it and its still the best gun in service.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]I'm pretty sure you will be able to customize your gun before mission time in OFP2...

because honestly it would be stupid to leave this very key feature out of any future combat simulation games.

But it would be stupid to do it the way that R6 does it. If OFP2 has the ability to customize weapons before the game, you should be able to add multiple attachments like a suppressor, a scope, and a bipod.

Quote[/b] ]And if ofp2 will contain the cqb style of combat, I wan`t it to look like in R6 or SWAT3.

Just what sort of PC are you expecting OFP 2 will require to run decently if it's as expansive as OFP and has the graphical quality of a game such as that? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you want a CQC anti-terrorist game, see Tom Clancy; if you want a large scale war, play OFP.  I rather not have one compromised to satisfy the other.

--Ben

I totally agree with that. OFP is in a class by itself, and personally I'd rather have it stay that way without comprimise.

Quote[/b] ]

Red Storm Rising

Debt of Honor

Executive Orders

The Bear and the Dragon

Teeth of the Tiger

These are games? The fact that Tom Clancy may have written some books on conventional war have no relevance to his statement. He was talking about games.

I would say there is a difference between SWAT style CQB and building clearance as used by the military which i have still not seen used well in a tactical game

When a battle takes place in an area with towns, there will be fighting in the towns to. Fighting in towns = CQB. It MUST be implementet in OFP2. OFP Resistance is close to reality,but when you move into a town, with your AI squadmates by youre side, this illusion is gone. mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm pretty sure you will be able to customize your gun before mission time in OFP2...

But it would be stupid to do it the way that R6 does it. If OFP2 has the ability to customize weapons before the game, you should be able to add multiple attachments like a suppressor, a scope, and a bipod.

R6 does not have that much customization withing the weapons.  You just select your weapon in R6:3 and thats all you can do...cant add a suppresor, cant switch scopes, etc.

OFP1 and R6 are the same exact thing...select the weapon you want.

Hopefully OFP2 has a drag and drop type theme where you can customize your weapon the way you see it. Or better yet ingame customization. Nothing would be cooler than finding a box full of silencers and picking it up and screwing it in right then and there.

Quote[/b] ]

R6 does not have that much customization withing the weapons. You just select your weapon in R6:3 and thats all you can do...cant add a suppresor, cant switch scopes, etc.

You can pick your weapons... then either add a suppresor or a scope... or a drum mag...

Quote[/b] ]

Hopefully OFP2 has a drag and drop type theme where you can customize your weapon the way you see it. Or better yet ingame customization. Nothing would be cooler than finding a box full of silencers and picking it up and screwing it in right then and there.

This would be rather awesome, but when are you going to find a box of silencers?

Maybe they grown on trees! Or maybe they could be dropped by parachute from the back of a plane or something and you have to find them as part of the mission (like a rearming thing, this is very common with spec ops and units behind enemy lines).

Hi,

I agree that the CQB AI needs improving, but don't think that Raven Shield is the place to look for better AI  sad_o.gif  

The really nice thing about RvS is the weapon animations. I hope BIS really pour some love into the individual weapons for OFP2, with different reloading and holding anims for each one. The fact that you can swap out mags quicker if you have a round in the chamber, and the animation is altered accordingly, is really nice. I love SpecOp9's idea about the in-game customisation idea too. You could select accessories at the mission start screen (Silencer/supressor/bipod/sights/flashlight/camouflage etc.), then take 'em on and off in game, complete with cool anims!

I know the anims are a whole heap of work, but if they start with a fairly small weapons set for the release, then things can grow from there.  biggrin_o.gif

As long if they don't put the Ravenshield damage models in OFP 2.

If you get shot in the arm, you walk with a limp.

How stupid is that? crazy_o.gif

Same if you get shot in the chest and everywhere else, it's always the same leg even if you were shot in the other haha. Ravenshield is a pile of crap, Ubi really screwed up the Rainbow Six series, and for that I hate them. Give it back to Red Storm is what I say! (look in the RvS credits, all Red Storm made were the cinematics).

Don't think I have said this here yet but if OFP 2 turns out to be all special forces stuff I will not be very happy. Most games are based around special forces and not the regular infantry. I think it should be an all out war game, similar to OFP 1 only maybe on a bigger scale against China or something like that.

My 2 cents.

there are many games based on special ops things, but which is as realistic as ofp is?

splinter cell? metal gear? delta force? soldier of fortune(HAHAHA)?

ok they have nice graphic, maybe even phisic engines but there`s no realism at all....

What I want is to take the best from the R6 series (i mean only the things which are really best, so I even don`t mention about the wors parts.... so don`t post something like "Raven Shield is a peace of s*it and OFP>R6")

I think that R6 was the most realistic shooter....before ofp.

They were up until Ravenshield when Ubi shat out something aweful and stuck the R6 name on it to make it sell. I hate Ubi for that.

No customised weapons please.

Lets keep this army.

You get what your given.

If you argue you do press ups.

No customised weapons please.

Lets keep this army.

You get what your given.

If you argue you do press ups.

right, but what with the spec ops?

i think they can at least attach the laser or flashlight wink_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Down with R6!  Tom Clancy should stick to his books.  

Quote[/b] ]Silencer/supressor/bipod/sights/flashlight/camouflage etc.), then take 'em on and off in game

To keep with the realism, i don't know any scopes that just clip on.  But of course every soldier has their issued screw driver in their back pocket. Then you have to sight it in  crazy_o.gif .  

In fact I hope OPF2 has nothing Tom Clancy like in it at all.  I rate Ghost Recon 2 and flashpoint 10.

sf_1.jpg

VBS1 + SO pack

just look at this gun

"Weapons:

M4 (Standard hand guard panels and carry handle)

M4 (3.4x Elcan scope)

M4 (3.4x Elcan scope, M203 grenade launcher)

M4 (4x ACOG scope)

M4 (1x Eotech holosight, suppressor)

M4 (1x Reflex sight, suppressor)

M4 (1x Aimpoint scope, suppressor)

M4 (1x Aimpoint scope, desert cam)

M4 (1x Aimpoint scope, suppressor, desert cam)

M4 SPR (3.5x to 10x M3LR scope)

M4 SPR (3.5x to 10x M3LR scope, suppressor)

M24 (Desert cam)

Mk46 (1x Aimpoint scope)

"

from

It`ll be nice to do some guns modifications and upgrades(all the spec op stuff), scopes, silencers, laser sights, hi-cap mags.... Like in R6 - Raven Shield, both games OFP & R6 are quite realistic.

I personally want to see in OFP

modern guns (R6 again;): OICW, HKG11, Barret and so on.

(not only M4/M16 - it`s real, and modern, but borring lol:)

Whitch guns you want to see in the game?

ps sorry for my englisch lol

Not read all the posts, but its already GR, one shot one kill..