Sign in to follow this  
TheUndeadSoldier

Wrong path for game textures....

After texturing my entire map, testing it frequently to ensure that it was appearing the way I wanted it, I pbo'd it and took it to another computer to show it off. In OFP, there were no textures, just white! I returned home, loaded Visitor, re-pbo'd it and it worked in-game perfectly.

After a lot of checking, I discovered that the virtual drive I was using ( Z:\) had to be running for my textures to appear in the game. The pbo is looking in z:\ for the textures, even though they're actually IN the pbo!    rock.gif

Checking the pbo in a text editor, I can see that all textures have the "z:\" path in front of them. Naturally I need to make the game look in the pbo instead. Can someone help with ways that I may fix this problem, as I don't fancy re-texturing the map!  

The rest of the island is complete and ready for beta testing. Need help!

Simple point the texture path to where the textures are.Did you use the textures from O.pbo if so than all you have to do is change it to the o folder that is located in your viewer folder and reload your map in buldozer to make sure.Should work.Remember to change the path in the "Tools - Project Preferences".

Simple point the texture path to where the textures are.Did you use the textures from O.pbo if so than all you have to do is change it to the o folder that is located in your viewer folder and reload your map in buldozer to make sure.Should work.Remember to change the path in the "Tools - Project Preferences".

The textures used are mostly custom textures generated by Visitor, which I keep in the root folder (z:\). I included these in the pbo, but are not being used by OFP. It appears to only want to use the ones in the virtual z:\ drive....

hmm,Well I would have to say that ive never tried the virtual drive thingy.Guess ill look into it.Im kinda just now getting into fully using Visitor.The only problem im haveing is getting the blending to show in game.It shows in buldozer fine but not in game.you know anything about that?

hmm,Well I would have to say that ive never tried the virtual drive thingy.Guess ill look into it.Im kinda just now getting into fully using Visitor.The only problem im haveing is getting the blending to show in game.It shows in buldozer fine but not in game.you know anything about that?

I had that problem before I added the virtual drive. Do you mean that the game shows the main textures but the blends are patches of white?  The z:\ fixed it, but being a non-tech noob I can't explain why....

I'm getting the same problem.

texprob.jpg

As you can see most of the blending works, for some reason other bits don't. crazy_o.gif

Anyone got a solution?