Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

US Marines

Any update info on the USMC Mod's web site or the forum?   I've been looking for the site since I've lost all my site bookmarks, I heard your site was having some problems or the forum is, I can't quite remember which.

I'd appreciate some feedback on this.

Later,

Havoc.

the problem is that there is islands which covered with sand in OFP now, and people would make mission for them for sure(i got not a small amount in the server i used to play on), which the woodland texture 80% (i wouldnt say 100% as AIs dont care, but hey, its human who plays it) not fit in it, so there is a demand on it, but as FischKopp not going to make any, it seems we need someone else to make one(or just simply use S&E USMC units)

Wow, these pics are kool... nice work smile_o.gif

Your island looks brilliant! Thought of a name for it yet?

sim

hi man, why yar doin' me this...?!, we have the Earl & Suchey Marines, i love 'em; as regular units 2 die under the ak74's M of the RNI i use the LSR Deltas, that i hope to have a pack of M4's for 'em someday too; the vehicles looks great, but i think that they have to much brightness. I hope that u do the crew pack & units pack in separated addons, 'couse wiz the Earl & Suchey USMC units we allready have good Marines & good RNI units too, the weapons are good too, over all when yar aimin'... but damn, plz... don't put the crew & the pilots 4 yar AV8-B in the same big pack plz!!, plz!! PLZ!!!!!.

post-27-66157-M4D.jpg

I have no idea of what you just said. That made no sense.

hahahah i know man his spelling pisses me off tounge_o.gif

ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]hahahah i know man his spelling pisses me off

Your kidding right?

Have you seen YOUR spelling? crazy_o.gif

Oh man.

biggrin_o.gif

It's not his spelling...It's the way he groups words together..When i read his post i thought of the film "Deliverance"..now don't ask me why but maybe it was the use of the word "Yar"... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hahahah i know man his spelling pisses me off

Your kidding right?

Have you seen YOUR spelling? crazy_o.gif

Oh man.

biggrin_o.gif

armata_PDT_33.gif

I gotta say I'm tired of the people who say "don't do this we have good marines all ready". I say we have satisfactory marines right now.

1. The woodland is too dark

2. The desert medics don't heal

3, The AI shoots over their targets with the rpg16 and smaw that are included.

4. None of the bugs I've addressed will ever be fixed. The MAP is considered Final and will never see a patch no matter how hard you all beg.

It's beacause of those four reasons that I'm looking forward to Fischkops marines.

For one thing I don't think this will make the MAP obsolete anyway. Fisch has shown no interest what so ever in making any kind of desert units. So there you go a reason to use the MAP. Heck way I see it the two packs will compliment each other.

I gotta say I'm tired of the people who say "don't do this we have good marines all ready". I say we have satisfactory marines right now.

3, The AI shoots over their targets with the rpg16 and  smaw that are included.

4. None of the bugs I've addressed will ever be fixed. The MAP is considered Final and will never see a patch no matter how hard you all beg.

It's beacause of those four reasons that I'm looking forward to Fischkops marines.  

For one thing I don't think this will make the MAP obsolete anyway. Fisch has shown no interest what so ever in making any kind of desert units. So there you go a reason to use the MAP. Heck way I see it the two packs will compliment each other.

Well, I think differently on this point.

Check out the humvees. Fisch made a proper ones. CBT will make a mind-blowing humvees.

The competition started and the result. high quality product showing the strength of the community.

3, The AI shoots over their targets with the rpg16 and  smaw that are included.

Well, I think diferently too...

1. The woodland is not too dark, it works good and is balanced with the RNI cammo, also they dont look faded at 200M like other units do...

2. there is a seperate fixed desert medic around.

3. We can use other weapons with them other than those.

4. It doesnt desperatly need a patch, its a great combination of quality east and west units and guns that fit with the game and dont lag wink_o.gif .

Add to that it took over a year for those addon makers to build and release this huge pack, Fischkopp works solo and is a great vehical builder, i would rather see his efforts into marine vehicals and maybe crews, things we dont have already but that is really up to him, we can only post our opinions in a respectable way smile_o.gif .

I hope fish really does release marines, the only problem i see is that, marine assault pack already released some marines whose camo is that more of an autumn setting, marine assault pack marines go more with autumn nogova than nogova. I saw the actual green marpat camo, not the autumn, and i was hoping someone would do that color. abe.jpg

just a suggestion for FK, make the browns a little bit lighter and more tan-otherwise I can't wait for them smile_o.gif

amen heatseaker...

We beta tested those things to death... day in and day out. Even if I was running around with the M249 blazing all the time because I couldn't hit anything else.

And yes they do make MARPAT helmet covers...

I´m confused. Use the Marine Corp two diffrent Woodland MARPAT´s?

Here is a pic of the MARPAT with more or less the sam colors i used.

abf.jpg

And here is one from the same exercise with a brighter uniform. The brown looks more like a dark tan.

abj.jpg

All photos from Militaryphotos.net

The second one is just more faded. Don't worry about it. Do the first.

Are you gonna make some marine snipers?

the barret looks the same size as the guy in the picture tounge_o.gif

the barret looks the smae size as the guy in the picture tounge_o.gif

He's bending forwards slightly wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Mom had to often washed it

No wonder he looks so annoyed in the picture tounge_o.gif

Between those two pictures that Fischkopp posted i would have to say the lower one is the "real" colour.If you look at the Grass colour on both pictures you can see the first picture has been develpoed with a more concentrated colour emphasis.A photograph is not the best way to judge.Surely there must be a US Marine whos either in service or has worn that uniform,who posts on this forum.I would like his point of view....

Also the first picture looks like E+S marines and i thought someone said it looked too dark...Anyway i would prefer the worn look rather than the "New" recruit look.

It could be that it was nice and sunny in the first picture and then it went clody on the second, if that's the case, a decent photograph will change his/her camera setings depending on light and weather conditions, but sometimes color brightnes and contrast gets affected.

I preffere the old and muddy textures than the recruits ones aswell BTW.

@CERO.