Sign in to follow this  
Ayorros

next Operation Frenchpoint release

The helm in rl picture looks bigger than yours.

No it's the head's bigger. wink_o.gif

Looks like I was way off on my guess, parachutist and marine. The polar opposites of military units smile_o.gif

Anyway they look great, and almost identical to the RL photo you posted. What kind of missions do those guys do? Recon or are they like any other unit?

I can almost gaurantee there arent like the rest

Ofcourse they aren't any other unit, they probably get alot of training et all et all. But they still might perform the same combat roles as the regular infantry does.

(Besides, I am under the impression that virtually all units of the RIMA are somehow "special")

The helm in rl picture looks bigger than yours.

depends of the helmet liner and the headgear used under it, compare with the guy behind

Ofcourse they aren't any other unit, they probably get alot of training et all et all. But they still might perform the same combat roles as the regular infantry does.

(Besides, I am under the impression that virtually all units of the RIMA are somehow "special")

Not any more "special" than most other nation's Marines. Amphibious warfare training, and equipment, does not make them "special." They are probably on a par with US Marines, and Royal Commandos. Better than the average infantryman, but certainly not SOF.

FerretFangs.... I don't think you can even begin to compare the RMC's to the USMC. The RMC's are far more inclined to do small unit operations. Whilst the USMC can mount full-scale invasions by their merry selves. I think the RMC's operate more like the Swedish AMFBAT, which often act in platoon-size manouvers.

And no, I never said they would be "SOF". But "special" in the way that they aren't often used and take roles other infantry units cant.

men i am really looking forward for the release, but August 7!?

my holiday trip to Egypt starts from August 7(plus time zone isuss)!! DAMN!! sad_o.gif

Mon dieu! biggrin_o.gif These are really something I look forward to. At last, I'll "join" the FFL. biggrin_o.gif

"Tiens, voila du boudin, voila du boudin, voila du boudin,

Pour les Alsaciens, les Suisses et les Lorrains,

Pour les Belges, y en a plus, pour les Belges, y en a plus,

Ce sont des tireurs au cul.

Au Tonkin, la Legion immortelle

A Tuyen-Quang illustra notre drapeau,

Heros de Camerone et freres modeles

Dormez en paix dans vos tombeaux.

......"

Not any more "special" than most other nation's Marines. Amphibious warfare training, and equipment, does not make them "special." They are probably on a par with US Marines, and Royal Commandos. Better than the average infantryman, but certainly not SOF.

Hah... I'm sorry.. for a moment there I thought you were comparing the USMC to the british marines. The only thing they share in common is the word "marines". British marines are more like the US rangers that the US marines.

Hah... I'm sorry.. for a moment there I thought you were comparing the USMC to the british marines. The only thing they share in common is the word "marines". British marines are more like the US rangers that the US marines.

crazy_o.gif

'Tis true. They just happen to be an infantry branch of the Navy, that's about the only commonality (besides the name) they share. Oh and these things look uber! Can't wait to waste some French infantry with my pointy stick addon! I mean bayonet, ye thats it, bayonet (the UKF one) *whilstles*.

and the USMarines are like SAS but bigger tounge_o.gif  haha but nothing beats the Royal Air Force now there elite hahahahhhahahaa

how in the hell did the topic go from operation frenchpoint to a pissing contest on what real world unit compares to what real world unit. The U.S. Marines are not the Royal Marines and the Royal Marines are not the Army Rangers...their mission profiles are completely different..PERIOD next some idiot is gonna be comparing the Foriegn Legion to the boy scouts... crazy_o.gif

In the French army, there are several levels, even inside special troops.

With Hidden selection simple scripting beret, you'll have :

Infantry units :

- Régiment d'Infanterie (RI), the basic troops

- Régiments d'Infanterie de Marine (RIMa), the Marine Infantry

- Infantry with Spectra helmet and bullet-proof vest

- Commandos, troops equiped for assault

- scouts, light-equiped troops for stealthy recon

The last two represent what could be the new SAED units, inside each Infantry regiment, or just special equipment using infantry troops.

Parachute units :

- Régiments de Chasseurs Parachutistes or most parachute units (RHP but without "Hongroise", RDP, RTP, RAP,...)

- Régiments Parachutiste d'Infantrie de Marine (RPIMA) or Parachute Marine infantry

- parachute troops lightly equiped, with only the F1 helme as troopps can't jumps with heavy armor

- Commandos

- Scouts

Commandos and Scouts belong to GCPs (Parachute Commando Groups), existing in each parachute regiment.

Legion EtrangÄre units :

- Régiments Etranger d'Infanterie

- 2° Régiment Etranger Parachutiste

- Troops with Spectra helmet and bullet-proof vest

- Commandos

- Scouts

=> SAED or special equipment using infantry troops for REI, GCP for the 2°REP.

Along with these troops, some Rescuemen :

- Armée de l'Air's CPA-30 for RESCO-CSAR missions

- ALAT's (Ground Forces Light Aviation) PRB for IMEX

Far later, in another update, would be released the true Special Force belonging to the COS (Special Operations' Command) with, for exemple, 1er RPIMa's, CPA10's or Commando de Marine's troops.

FFL=French Foreign Legion

Or in French "Legion Etrangere"

"Legion EtrangÄre units :

- Régiments Etranger d'Infanterie

- 2° Régiment Etranger Parachutiste

- Troops with Spectra helmet and bullet-proof vest

- Commandos

- Scouts

=> SAED or special equipment using infantry troops for REI, GCP for the 2°REP."

May i perscribe a pair of these my friend:

bottle-bottoms.jpg

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Aaah, looking good, looking forward to these.

Has the FAMAS sound been changed btw? I hope so, right now it sounds more like a quiet blat/pop, very very bad IMHO, should be more like the MAP or JAM sound. smile_o.gif