Sign in to follow this  
quicksand

Invasion44 MOD

I was just wondering if you've made a new "Title screen".like FDF did.As it realy puts the finnishing (no pun intended) touch on a MOD..

titlescreen.jpg

Where working on it ;)

tounge_o.gif

Anyways a small reminder to all :

These faces you see on the beginnen of this post, are not made by one person.

This is made with love and allot of Team work! biggrin_o.gif

Face model : Marss911 and Ciecato

Face Skin : Marss911

Helmet Model : Jojimbo

Hemet Skin : Marfy

Soldier Model : Jojimbo

Soldier Skins : Jojimbo

Regards

Marcel

Jaw droppingly good stuff here. What more can I say than bloody good work chaps *said with 1940's British Acsent*

It looks impressive, but not surprising. The thing is. This has already been seen in other games which it works much better in my opinion.

As many have said. Newer pcs aren't really optimized for OFP so a lot of that technological benefit is mitigated. I know when I tried OFP on a 3.2ghz box I was a bit disappointed. So Really. This is more conceptual stuff or fancy toys for people with computers that have had their CPU's overclocked right up the arse.

Quote[/b] ]It looks impressive, but not surprising. The thing is. This has already been seen in other games which it works much better in my opinion.

You mean 3 year old games brought to todays standards by modders?Please pour the examples in I am really curious about games where it works much better.

Quote[/b] ]This is more conceptual stuff or fancy toys for people with computers that have had their CPU's overclocked right up the arse.

This might be an intresting issue.But AFAIK Inv44 team members run average computers and are trying as best as they can to keep the lag to a minimum as Jojimbo once said about his astonishing vegetation.

In my opinion it`s more about technique they are using,for example Marfy is using only .paa and .pac textures as I`ve seen in his previous work and no very high resolution textures(I am not sure though)

Last of all I wouldn`t call a Total Conversion with it`s own campaign just "fancy toys" cause in the end it`s about the entire project not the addons in particular.

Quote[/b] ]It looks impressive, but not surprising. The thing is. This has already been seen in other games which it works much better in my opinion.

As many have said. Newer pcs aren't really optimized for OFP so a lot of that technological benefit is mitigated. I know when I tried OFP on a 3.2ghz box I was a bit disappointed. So Really. This is more conceptual stuff or fancy toys for people with computers that have had their CPU's overclocked right up the arse.

lol smile_o.gif

Marfy uses pac / paa - theres no trick there he is just that good. I spend days working on model textures and when I finally get something I like I look at Marfy's and mine look like the pictures that parents stick on their fridge doors with magnets.

Anyway, check out some of their new (dynamic) anims here.

Arch.

I'm very very very very....(get the idea?) curious to know how you were able to get the rifle to "face" in the correct manner when slung across the shoulder, i.e. with the trigger nearer the soldiers body.

It's such details that only add to the quality of the work.

Outstanding work! biggrin_o.gif

You move the rifle's model in ofpanim, that's all.

Are the face screens normal ingame captures or is it made with the regular insane graphics settings used for most screenshots?

No offense but I see tons of screens in this forum that are made with graphics details that are just not playable. With that high settings usually terrain and soldier models/faces look completely different than in regular playable settings.

Again, no offense, just curious because that faces look really great!

Oki here goes,

I made these screen I I only got a :

Pentium III 1 ghz

Geforce 2 MX 400

512 RAM Blah blah

So a pretty standart and older computer then most of

you guys out there got. But all my settings are on Normal

and non is set on High.

Hope this answers your quastion ;)

Marcel.. be my wife.. please biggrin_o.gif

Great work as usual I44.. keep it up mates, looking forward to see more.

Cheers

Joe

I cant be your wife... :S :P

Your mine hahaha

But thx pall, glad you like it

hm, no news guys?

one question. will the map feature railtracks? cause in holland there were some at that time! will u then maybe use the railsways from AEF or do u want to make ur own tracks?

greetz

wow only three pages...needs more for such a great looking mod.so I come in and bring my 'posting skills' along with my key bord and say.Thats a good looking rifle cant wait.

Then I might start a topic to rant on but no too good of a mod.

I can assure you it's not from a different game, Marcel spend a lot of time on it wink_o.gif

And when FW says a lot he means alot

The fact that the eyes look seperate is because they are not part of the face itself, but are placed on another model (Marcel said something like that to me) wink_o.gif

I feel like I could reach into my computer screen and pull out those helmets wow_o.gif

Simply amazing.

oh my god!!!!!! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Now the old Rule 69. Whens the realse date???

hm, jojimbo once said deadline would be 17th september for phase 1, but i can't believe in that, cause we haven't heard that much from them anymore!

but let's hope the best!