Sign in to follow this  
pajama

Armstrong's unit

What kind of unit is Armstrong's squad in? Is it air assault like in the mission "Flashpoint", or perhaps mounted cavalry like most of the other missions? rock.gif

Thx,

-PJ

The developers just gave Armstrong's squad different tasks even though it would be unrealistic, Armstrong both conducts parachute insertions, sea insertions, a small-unit ambush and more regular stuff during the campaign.

It's just so you can experience a lot and not have to jump to new characters in the Marines and Airborne or whatever all the time.

during the campaign Armstrong didnt have sea insertions(the one that Armstrong and James get back to everon to contact resistence is not sea insertions at all) there is, however, helo insertion.

IMO Armstrong is more like one of the marine.

during the campaign Armstrong didnt have sea insertions

Ehhh and what about return to Everon, where they disembark from the boats and have to storm the beach rock.gif

If we go by the emblem on the door of the Blackhawk helicopters in the campaign, Armstrong's unit is from the 3rd Infantry Division. However, I think it was still called the 24th Mech. Inf back then.

So according to the insignia, hes a mech-inf guy. But with regard to his units role, it is an unrealistic mix, not that i mind smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ehhh and what about return to Everon, where they disembark from the boats and have to storm the beach

I could've sworn they dismounted from either M113s or UH-60s, more likely M113s. But maybe I'm wrong never turned around, too busy getting shot at.

If we go by the emblem on the door of the Blackhawk helicopters in the campaign, Armstrong's unit is from the 3rd Infantry Division. However, I think it was still called the 24th Mech. Inf back then.

24th ID and 3rd ID were seperate units in 1985. In 1992ish, the 24th ID was deactivated and the 3rd ID moved back from Germany to the US and essentially took over the 24th ID's barracks, headquarters and motor pools.

Quote[/b] ]Ehhh and what about return to Everon, where they disembark from the boats and have to storm the beach

I could've sworn they dismounted from either M113s or UH-60s, more likely M113s. But maybe I'm wrong never turned around, too busy getting shot at.

Yer they dis-mounted from the three M113's. Also there was a boat on support (forgot direction) but that get blown up relativatly easily by the tanks

Thx a lot guys and gals...

This well surely help in the campaign remake/enhane i'm working on.

thank you,

-PJ

P.S. Dosn't it make you wonder how they got fricken m1a1s and m60s on the first hours of the war on Everon? rock.gif

thank you,

-PJ

P.S. Dosn't it make you wonder how they got fricken m1a1s and m60s on the first hours of the war on Everon? rock.gif

I'm guessing there was troops already stationed on Everon, but i am possibly wrong as Malden was the US Base Island.

Ya I always wondered about the tanks too. Same with in Resistance when they first invade there is a T-72 with the BMPs when they first land.

Hey I have a question too: When Col. Blake is talking about the fleet heading towards them, do they ever arrive?

thank you,

-PJ

I'm guessing there was troops already stationed on Everon, but i am possibly wrong as Malden was the US Base Island.

BIS surely didn't have complete realism in mind. smile_o.gif No need to come with far-fetched apologies/explanations (not saying you are). wink_o.gif

Yes, you know the mission where you take command?.....and then the one after where you scout out that russian camp......the mission where you attack it is the one where the fleet has arrived....if you check your gear section, you have alot of stuff at your disposal due to this..... smile_o.gif

CHRONOSPHERE !!!!!!

ok, ok I get out ...