Sign in to follow this  
pandalefou

Y2K3 Vs EECP

This may be a dumb question (but bear with me), but does either of these use the SJB Blackop (NVG) addon to replace BIS Blackop? From memory EECP uses BAS sniper, not sure about Y2K3...

I don't. Nice unit, but he's always looked more like a SWAT guy than a special op to me.

but now u can complete "airbourn" in the cwc campaign ;)

You can complete Airborne regardless. You don't have to destroy the BMPs from the air as they will be destroyed on the ground about a minute after you arrive in the area. You'll then be ordered to the next waypoint like normal.

PS: EECP and Y2K3 require close to if not the same ammount of addons. most of our replacments are the same mine differs cuz i use INQ's weapon pack and ive replaced other things like the kozlice and humvee and alot of other things that kur hasnt gotton around to yet. if EECP was as far done as mine is. . .he would probably use twice what i require (consiering RHS addons are like 60 megs for 2 tanks tounge_o.gif )

EECP only requires ~300MB of addons to be installed. Unless I'm mistaken, you're up to about 800MB or so.

is it possible to regroup just needed addons ?  rock.gif

example : depboise RHS pack , take only the T-54 and the crew and repboise

and do that allways for Marines assaut pack

do you know what earl and suchey are working on ?

yea you could do that.

but it will piss off ALOT of people crazy_o.gif

@ 85 stuff, theres tanks and weapons and US troops.

theres no russian troops 85 versoin. theres no trucks for east or west or resistance/civilian replacment 85 version

the point of a total conversion is to replace every last model. "all or none"

For the 85 stuff, i dont feel it is that important to replace things like the urals and 5ton trucks... besides like you said thats not available right now.

So far everything that is pretty much a combat piece has been replaced.

PS: EECP and Y2K3 require close to if not the same ammount of addons. most of our replacments are the same mine differs cuz i use INQ's weapon pack and ive replaced other things like the kozlice and humvee and alot of other things that kur hasnt gotton around to yet. if EECP was as far done as mine is. . .he would probably use twice what i require (consiering RHS addons are like 60 megs for 2 tanks  tounge_o.gif )

EECP only requires ~300MB of addons to be installed. Unless I'm mistaken, you're up to about 800MB or so.

only due to the fact that ive choosin to add ALL BAS addons which is 300 megs for everything. althou they all arnt needed

and dontforget i replace ALOT more things such as the kozlice, the resistance forces, plus the resistance/civl trucks replaced by the zil pack is a large ammount too.

but like i said its a total conversion. . .all or nothing. if im not gonna go all the way. . then it would be pointless for me to start. and i dont start what i wont finish smile_o.gif and now that humvee is the last peice of the puzzel smile_o.gif

For those of you looking for 85' Era soldiers and equipment, my config keeps things at that level and maintains the integrity of BIS's original values for all units.

I just thought I'd point out a few things since your goal is to keep things accurate to 1985:

The UH-60Lwasn't introduced until 1989.

The MH-60K wasn't fielded until 1994.

The M2A2ODS is the latest version of the M2. You'd have to use the M2A1 in order to keep it authentic (actually, an M2A0 would probably be more realistic, but I don't think any has been made.)

The M113A3 didn't start entering service until 1987.

The T-72B didn't see any sort of meaningful service until 1988, though it was introduced in 1985.

I think that the T-80BV is iffy, but I've never seen an official induction date. The T-80B would be a much "safer" choice since they entered production shortly after the initial T-80 did in 1978.

The T-54 would be a better choice than the Type-59. It makes more sense for small Eastern European countries to have ties to Russia than to China.

I love this pacific war between the best configs makers biggrin_o.gif

@silent pro :you've done a very interessant config, more interessant than mine biggrin_o.gif

please can you send it to me , I will give you my mail adress

Thanks for the answer pappy but I need to know how can I replace BIS compass by WGL one...thank you man

Quote[/b] ]I love this pacific war between the best configs makers

yea it's cool from Kurayami and Pappy Boyington

@Kurayami

I know things arent entirely 100% 1985, but as i said...im trying to keep it as close as possible. I did research various things such as the T80 and T72, but I can only work with what has been made. Many of the differences however are not seen in terms of the models and textures but rather the functionality and capabilities of the real world hardware. In this case im only using the models and textures, with BIS's default values...things like increased thrust in the real UH60L wont make a difference differentiating between the UH60A or L since i use the default values anyway and there are few visible differences between the two. The MH60K, well like i said I can only work with what i have at the moment. My next task might be to actually modify the mh-60k model or the DAP to look like the UH60L w/ pylons for FFAR's and Hellfires.

As for using the wrong M2 versions well that was an honest mistake, and i should have researched that better. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT

Misread your bit about the T55, i will reevaluate my options on that one since it may not be the most accurate. But you should also remember that price is ultimately what the sale of any equipment comes down to, and China was and is very good at cannibalizing and reproducing Russian equipment into their own variants for sale to many sources including small slavic or Balkan island states. In my opinion i feel that the Type59 is indeed a fairly realistic option.

Wolf,

I'd like to send it to you but at the moment i dont think im ready to start distributing it to people, i think it needs more work and honestly i dont have permission from everyone's work im using yet. So until then, using Papys or Kurayami's config may be an option. Or rather, developing your own config some more might be fun.

To Kurayami

I think that's better if you use the RPG7 for resistance units because it's not expensive and we can get it everywhere in balkans or middle africa...

It'll be more realistic so if you wanna a ready RPG7 you can get from Pappy's super config biggrin_o.gif

I love this pacific war between the best configs makers  biggrin_o.gif

@silent pro :you've done a very interessant config, more interessant than mine  biggrin_o.gif

please can you send it to me , I will give you my mail adress

Thanks for the answer pappy but I need to know how can I replace BIS compass by WGL one...thank you man

there is no war between us crazy_o.gif

like i said each of our mods is inherintly different.

mine deals with realisum combined with fun and gaming "realisum for the gamer"

and kur is all about realsim down to the letter.

it would be like if u said Y2K3 vs FDF thier 2 completly different things with very little in common.

kur and i over unit replacment. we both use sigs tanks and hyk units, and very little if nothing else. we have our own ideas and our own effects that we use. and the ammount of realisum we put into it.

the only thing i disagree with is his idea on "gaming ethics" but that has nothing to do with our work. matter of fact kur saved me alot of trouble by introducing the pistols into the main config. i was able to change the sounds to realistic ones along with the pistol sights with realistic ones . ive ofered my help to kur a few times too. so theres no "war" between us

I dont know about anyone else, but i'm begining to dislike Pappy's sense of looking around and actually seeing if there is quote "ok" russain units to replace the "bis russian" units....i know of a few that represent the 80's version pretty well....

Oh ya in the case of Civilian, 5-ton trucks, and the bis civilian cars and other different vehicles like jeeps and other shiiet....they don't need to be replaced, they are just fine i believe. Just certian things need to be replaced.....personnelly, i think both are ok though i don't play either anymore because i've always loved regular ofp just fine.

Oh ya, not gonna post here again so be good CHILDERN

~Bmg

Combat Ready Moderator

I like Kurs... Y2K3 seems to be like a big blockbuster, while EECP is more underground. EECP is more personal to me and seems to get updated more often too ("customer" support is crucial).

While I commend both your skills, I hope to offend no one in this topic smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work guys smile_o.gif

PS: like stated before, any chance we get a USMC config? Never made sense to me having the army on this small little islands.

I dont know about anyone else, but i'm begining to dislike Pappy's sense of looking around and actually seeing if there is quote "ok" russain units to replace the "bis russian" units....i know of a few that represent the 80's version pretty well....

Oh ya in the case of Civilian, 5-ton trucks, and the bis civilian cars and other different vehicles like jeeps and other shiiet....they don't need to be replaced, they are just fine i believe.  Just certian things need to be replaced.....personnelly, i think both are ok though i don't play either anymore because i've always loved regular ofp just fine.

Oh ya, not gonna post here again so be good CHILDERN

~Bmg

Combat Ready Moderator

like i said it wouldnt be right to do a total conversion mod and then only convert 3 or 4 things.

my sense of looking around is jsut fine. . . but i shoulda specified, there are no "good" suitable replacments for 85% of what needs replacing

oh and PMing me calling me an "asshole" is highly inapproprate and very iggnorant, so please refrain from doing so in the future

Despite being over 2 years old, my comments in this thread still apply.

Quote[/b] ]Firstly as you're all aware flaming isn't tolerated on the forums, we're striving to create a calm, happy, respectful community forum, some people have taken this to mean that they can send abusive PM's to people instead, this is something that we will not tolerate, just because it's in private it's still something that's being done through the forums and we don't consider it acceptable, people who persist in this will unfortunately have to find another forum to post in. If anyone receives a PM they consider abusive/offensive please contact a moderator and we will deal with the matter smile_o.gif

One other thing, what's sent in a PM should never be posted on the public forums, if the PM contains something you find offensive/abusive then as stated above contact one of us about it privately, I don't want to see any threads of the nature "Look what Jonny Fuckwit (made up name) sent me in a PM, isn't he a dumb ass" etc. Any such threads will be deleted immediately and the originator warned about their behaviour smile_o.gif

bmgarcangel someone on a WL of 3 needs to be much more careful, not much of a jump to 5.

stay cool guys smile_o.gif

don't demolish this post with a great participation from two important configs makers tounge_o.gif

I vote both are equally fantastic smile_o.gif

I only chose EECP because it seemed easier to install,and i'm very glad i did.EECP (imho) is OFP at a much higher level...Respect to both Kurayami and Pappy for their excellent work and prolonging OFP.. smile_o.gif

Yes ...vote for both too

But i hate discussions about better or not at all kinds.

Battlefield joint ops flashpoint y2k eecp etc.

everyone has to choose this for himself.

I think most people are little bit older then "standardbattlefieldgamers"

And like me "40" i don´t wan´t go back into the "sandbox"

I have used ECP briefly, couldnt manage it without FDF. tounge_o.gif

Never even touched Y2K3 mod though.