Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

For Hard-core RTS fans only

Quote[/b] ]How do you satisfy the hunger of hard-core real-time strategists who can think of nothing better than to wallow in Cossacks conflicts? Simple - with a delicious dish whose name alone promises a grandiose buffet of battles: Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars.

Finally, you can strike without compromise in spectacular battles with an incredible number of troops. Napoleon Bonaparte - probably the most ingenious strategist in Europe - serves up a glut of tactical treats for all tastes. Charge onto the battlefield for one of ten great European nations. Savor the entire palette of enhanced formation commands. Rewrite European history in six overwhelming campaigns. Experience your very own Waterloo or leave the battlefield in a procession of triumph.

cossacks2_8.jpg

cossacks2_7.jpg

cossacks2_9.jpg

cossacks2_1.jpg

cossacks2_5.jpg

cossacks2_4.jpg

Looks really nice. What nations can you play? What's their homepage? When is it to be released?

I really enjoyed Cossacks, American Conquest and their addons.

Great games, i love the huge formations an dtech trees

Is that a new game?

It looks really bad compaired to the other games that will be released soon. It kind of reminds me of Ceaser III and it was released 5-6 years ago.

It looks pretty awesome to me! Sorry but I dont need games in which I can scroll down to 100%, I prefer a good overview over the battlefield. well as I said... I would buy it!

Seems promising, I really liked the cossacks demo! (Never had the full game though crazy_o.gif )

Cossacks games are awesome, especially for the ammount of units under your orders but also the graphisms (I just love them).

Looks good(yes no bad ass 3d) It actualy looks like the old game it just has alot more details and the city pictures looks amasing I would like to fight there. Only i hope they add a time acelerator cause I once tryed playing on one of the lagest map you could, it took houres for troops to get the enywear near the ennemy and it took even longer if they would have to go by ship.

STGN

Not much a fan of Cossacks, get medieival total war, then download the free fantastic napoleonic mod wink_o.gif

Link Gadger?

Not a fan of cossacks myself......if i remember rightly, its one of those games where units hit each other all the time (ie they never miss), flanking ect has no value, and units can typically take 10 bullets.....not my cup o' tea smile_o.gif

Medieval Total War however.......nothing like sucessfully executing a flanking manouvre to turn the course of a battle and rout your enemies troops! Then kill them all when they run biggrin_o.gif

Total War is the way to go...

Nothing like sending your cavalry charging out of the woods and watch your enemy turn and flee...hehe

www.thelordz.co.uk

You need the addon viking invasion in order to play, but i think you can pick that up fairly cheap now. This mod is to Total War as to what FDF is to OFP biggrin_o.gif

man i would do anything for a well done american civil war or a RTS based on the american and mexican war. but the best devs seem to come out w/ at the moment are games like Rise of Nations. Medieval Total War was good, if you like the Medieval age. but after watching the begining of Cold Mountian when all the Union soldeirs started to charge it got me kinda wishing for a good civil war RTS.

I spent a lot of time on Cossacks : Back to War , i really liked the formations and the strategy tactics needed to not be defeated smile_o.gif

As i was not really interested by the setup of American Conquest and prefered the European wars, i didn't bought the 2 AQ games. I hoped to see the cossacks serie to focus on the Napoleon era.

Cossacks 2 seems to come back to this European wars setup, so certainly it will be on my must-buy list with OFP2 smile_o.gif

I liked the drummers and bag-pipers (for the English) in Cossacks and the way you had to have one and an officer to make a formation. I hope you can play the British Grenadiers as you charge the French mwuahaha! "Fix.... bayonets!"