Sign in to follow this  
Dark-TM-

Found Bug : ATi Radeon 9600 256mb (Saphire)

Any chance you can try your card in another PC? Only other thing I might suggest (if feasible) is a format

"Format 2 Times"

Another Time ? crazy_o.gif

methinks that card doesnt like your system no matter what we suggest

I just don't want to Create another Topic :

"Having Problems whit 9600 pro 256mb"

Lmao. tounge_o.gif

@ July 30 2004,21:05)]
Any chance you can try your card in another PC? Only other thing I might suggest (if feasible) is a format

"Format 2 Times"

Another Time ? crazy_o.gif

3rd time lucky as they say in England, or 3's a charm as they say in the US wink_o.gif Just kidding, I missed that part of your post, humble apologies smile_o.gif

How much more would a Radeon 9800 cost you rather than a different 9600?

How much more would a Radeon 9800 cost you rather than a different 9600?

200$ for 9800 128mbpro.

70$ for 9600 256mb pro.

Unless you want to send me the Money, I'l go for a 9600 pro. tounge_o.gif

Just found out that isn't the Videocard.

DOD works great. Played for about 2 Hours.

After Reducing AGP to x2 OFP looks to work great !

Ok I found the problem. was Kegetys FX addon.

Edit : still going wrong.

Only in OFP.

Would be nice to have some Working links

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;t=2808

CPU Temperature at 60 Celcius or 140 Farenheit.

"Spitfire says that there's a BIOS setting that, if needs to be changed, might resolve your problem without going any further. Make sure that the BIOS "DRAM Clock" value is set to "HCLK" and not to "HCLK + PCICLK". Essentially what this does is to lower you RAM's clock speed to 100mhz. Just remember to set it back to what it should be once you're done installing or updating OFP."

Where do I find this in the BIOS (already searched.)

Well your CPU temperature is way too high, that can crash the game also (happened to me often with my old CPU).

You should clean your heatsink from dust (if it hasnt been cleaned lately). If you dont know how to do this, buy a sixpack of beer (if you are over 18years), invite a friend who knows his computers in to your house and let him remove the heatsink+fan, clean it, and install it again.

Guest RKSL-Rock

If you cant find it in your BIOS setting you maynot be able to change them. Some types of BIOS do not allow you to change everything

Just searched on Internet.

OFP dosen't like the 9600.

Ok, I just installed the my New BIOS drivers and OFP runs great!

Guest RKSL-Rock

Yay!!! 5 pages later a result  tounge_o.gif

@ July 31 2004,21:58)]Just searched on Internet.

OFP dosen't like the 9600.

Nothing wrong with the 9600 then... smile_o.gif im glad that you found the problem smile_o.gif

I also have 2 Sapphire 9600 XT 256MB cards that crash with OFP (in different machines of course). They also had a problem with Halo, but Bungie released a new dll to fix that issue. Its not the cards, as they work with Ghost Recon Island Thunder, GTA3 Vice City, Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic, and Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.

Maybe the 4.9 drivers will help when they come out.

No go with 4.8  sad_o.gif

Its what I'm using now, along with XP SP2 and DirectX 9.0c

No go with 4.8  sad_o.gif

Its what I'm using now, along with XP SP2 and DirectX 9.0c

SP2, are you allright with your head? It is another system, not compatible with most of the software on the market. It has nothing to do with drivers. I am using it along with my DX 9.0c on 9800PRO and it works.

I had Radeon 9800 Pro and had frequent CTDs (not STDs smile_o.gif ) ...at one point I got so confused with driver version and what was happening then I got Nvidia 6800 - and so far not a single crash w/any new driver version..

Hey Gordy, SP2 is compatible with most software on the market. Like its predecessor its fairly stable, it crashes about as often as OS 10.3.5 on a G5 which is fairly rare. The two release candidates I tested DID have problems, most notably firewire support was non-existant, but those were fixed with the final release. Unitl I put the Radeon in my system everything worked fine with SP2. But I got tired of the Nvidia MX440 and wanted better graphics. OFP and Halo were the only two games I had that had problems with the COMBINATION of the 9600XT,SP2, and DX9.0c. I have had no problems with any application software, be it Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, SPSS, plus all the games I listed earlier, etc. with either video card and SP2. Bungie released a new binkw32.dll file for Halo and it looks awesome now.