Sign in to follow this  
Dogfighter1918

BB Fokker D.VII

Black Baron has released his Fokker D.VII v1.1 Addon!!

fokker_black_baron.jpg

OFP.info:

The addon is a 1:1 model of the real Fokker. The engine and MG sounds are exactly the real sounds. Even the flight model is based on reports from WWI. The textures match exaclty to the real painting used in WWI.

Taking all this reasons into account, you can say that this is the most realistic Fokker ever made for OFP. It is strongly recommended to use OFP v1.96.

Verry nice plane, i love the Spandau MGS and dogfightin with Camels. biggrin_o.gif

Download on his site: www.flashpoint2.de.vu

really a very nice addon

but unfortunately the mirror provided is very slow and it will become slower as more people will download it

And I will not upload it to ofp.info mirrors because black baron seems not to like that this addon can be downloaded on any other site.

you can find the old news on ofp.info with some more screenshots here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6842

The version provided for download there is an old version (v1.0)

don't download it

forgive my iggnorance of WWI era planes

but can someone explain to me why germany painted this bi-plane like a jar of jellybeans?

im assuming they did since this is "accurate" crazy_o.gif

Great work!

Pappy - it was Nestlé. They had a sponsorship deal going with the Luftwaffe aces.

...Of course, the RFC were sponsored by Rowntree, hence the name "the twenty Mint-ers"  crazy_o.gif  (dies)

yes i know its realistic. i wasnt disputing that

i was wondering why irl they painted their planes like a jar of jelly beans?

I guess they hoped that the lozenge pattern would disguise the outline of the planes. I think I've read that somewhere but I'm not absolutely sure. Anyways, even if it doesn't work lozenge looks quite cool

blues.gif

Dogfighter1918 please don't hotlink images over 100kb.

I'm not 100% sure about it, but as far as i remember somekind of "camo regulations" were used in the end of war. Before planes were painted as pilot wished to paint it. I saw drawers of planes painted like phyhodelic dream, especially when pilot was claimed to be ace.

http://www.overthefront.com/planes/planes.html - not so crazy, but some interesting smile_o.gif

for instance http://www.overthefront.com/issues/05_2.html - plane in background

Yes, there were regulations for aircraft camo at the end of WWI, but the german pilots of that time were extremely stubborn and refused to stick to that regulations. They said it wouldn't be honorable to hide behind a camo painting and they wanted to be recognized by their enemies. Every pilot had his own "camo" paintings on his machine (maybe they just wanted to separate themselves from regular troops as they all were aristocrats - the pilots, not the regular troops, of course). That's all I know.

I wish the excellent WW1 pilot from the BIS camel stock was used instead of the Soviet Tank Crew.... any chance to change that?

Errata, only "Aces" in the IAS (Imperial Air Service) were allowed to personalize their mounts.

The lozenge pattern was designed as 1 part camo, 1 part easy aircraft recognition.

And that's a rather subdued version there, I've seen an Austro-Hungarian Avitik that could hurt your eyes if you stared at it too long. smile_o.gif

Excatly today 90 years ago began the first World War.

And noone seems to care

In Flanders fields the poppies grow,

Among the crosses row upon row,

-wilfred Owen

Don't think no one cares, remembering history is a special thing, the common herd chooses to not recall last week, hardly expect them to go back 90 years.

We had quite a few TV shows about WW1 in the last days. About the weak emperor Willhelm II, about the reasons why the war started and how Europe changed etc.

We had quite a few TV shows about WW1 in the last days. About the weak emperor Willhelm II, about the reasons why the war started and how Europe changed etc.

d´oh .. i wanted to watch it but missed somehow crazy_o.gif