Sign in to follow this  
bogey jammer

Assign actions to joystick button

Hi

I've not found detailed informations about this,

I play more often with add-ons planes, but their action menu are complex, so in order to save time, I would like to assign basic actions such as "gear up/down" "open/close flaps" to my joystick.

Is it possible to bind these actions?

thx

Afaik it is not, but you could map the action menu to your joystick buttons. At least thats what i did.

Some add-ons aircrafts have dynamic action menus, some actions appear in defined conditions. So mapping the action menu is not 100% effective.

I'll look for other solutions.

I have one button to scroll up the adction menu, one for down and one for select. This works for all cases.

How is it managed in the camera.sqs?

If you press V there the script is ended.

Try it.

Write in the init line of a unit:

this exec "camera.sqs"

I have one button to scroll up the adction menu, one for down and one for select. This works for all cases.

OK, I use this technique too, I thought you meant when press a button, a macro does two step down and valid...

But it still too long when 10 actions are in the menu when I execute a final approach...

Does somebody know if binding script actions is possible in UserInfo.cfg?

What are you talking about SgtEversman?

He means that the script camera.sqs is ended by pressing a keyboard button, implying that it can be re-bound. But it can't; only stuff bound already (move, optics etc) can be used.